Kings make offer to Iguodala

why would we start aldrich with our dream lineup??? we would need ppat to start to give more spacing! i dont understand why ppl cant see this
In his scenario, PPat was traded, and thus not available. He would have been my first choice as well. Of the 3 remaining (Aldrich, Hayes, and JT), neither Hayes nor JT have done a spectacular job as the 4 man, and why not give Aldrich a shot? We won 28 games last season, and he definitely showed that he has some game to him.

In his scenario, PPat was traded, and thus not available. He would have been my first choice as well. Of the 3 remaining (Aldrich, Hayes, and JT), neither Hayes nor JT have done a spectacular job as the 4 man, and why not give Aldrich a shot? We won 28 games last season, and he definitely showed that he has some game to him.
Aldrich is gone.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Following an argument on twitter between CD and some chick. Then this guy steps in who says he's seeing Reke tonight in LA and knows him.

SacramentoBizness™ ‏@EASportsHoops 2m@LillyAnnFraizer Out of respect in not going to talk basketball with him tonight. But just know, he wants to be in Sacramento.

hes nt on the roster aswell...if we were to go pure defense with only one shooter, why nt go after a proven shot blocker like sammy..

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Do people remember a comment by someone in the FO that they planned to do something daring? This move on Iggy and still retaining Tyreke may rip the team apart but who cares when you have a core of Andre, Tyreke and Cousins - throw in McLemore if you have the courage to appoint him as a core player. Everybody else just became secondary.

I like it. Umm, I love it!!!

Entity

Hall of Famer
Following some argument on twitter between CD and some chick. Then this guy steps in who says he's seeing Reke tonight in LA and knows him.SacramentoBizness™ ‏@EASportsHoops 2m@LillyAnnFraizer Out of respect in not going to talk basketball with him tonight. But just know, he wants to be in Sacramento.
be nice if he wanted to be in scramento for say 4 years 40 mil. lol then we wouldn't have to worry about a trade just amnesty

Good lord.. People ready to trade the whole team...

Sign Iggy (not a huge fan of) and sign Calderon and we're fine.

Calderon/McLemore/Iggy > IT/Evans/Salmons, It looks like we cannot afford both Iggy and Evans so we cannot have Evans/McLemore/Iggy.

Maybe they think Reke will actually hinder Ben and the rest of the roster's development, because he can't play the 1? That's not necessarily my viewpoint, that just might be what it is. Of course management is going to come out and say Reke and Ben will complement each other, what else are they supposed to say?
Fans aren't retarded. They wouldn't say that if they didn't believe it

There are ways to compliment Ben without just making things up.

hes nt on the roster aswell...if we were to go pure defense with only one shooter, why nt go after a proven shot blocker like sammy..
I am just wondering if a miracle happens and we get both Tyreke and Iggy, where the money would come from to sign someone like Dally... I think we would be approaching the cap with the two of them. Dally has already proven himself with Cousins so getting him would be pretty great, but can we offer him what he wants is the question? Assuming he even wants to sign with us of course. The new trend is if you are >30 go sign with a superstar try and get a ring.

I am just wondering if a miracle happens and we get both Tyreke and Iggy, where the money would come from to sign someone like Dally... I think we would be approaching the cap with the two of them. Dally has already proven himself with Cousins so getting him would be pretty great, but can we offer him what he wants is the question? Assuming he even wants to sign with us of course. The new trend is if you are >30 go sign with a superstar try and get a ring.
Nope. minimum contracts only at that point.

youre telling me with with reke/mclemore/iggy/cousins we're nt contending???? ah i wish...

still under the luxury tax. so no taxes just paying your roster. Thornton and Outlaw enders so 11.5 coming off books that year putting us back under the cap again. of course other signings will have taken place also.
10 mil to pay for at least 4 more players. Even without luxury tax, Kings would be about 6th most expensive team in the league.
Again, nice to have owners with money :)

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Andre Iguodala ‏@andre 13m

WOW!!!!
Retweeted by Jim Crandell
Roughly translated: come earn stupid money and be the veteran team captain/respected guru to a trio of hyper talented kids, show them how to play, and get credit for leading them into the playoffs.

Also, 600 million Indian chicks will love you.
And they all look like Aishwarya Rai used to.
Did I mention we'll mow your lawn?

K

KingMilz

Terrible 56million for a 30 year old who relies heavily on athletic ability, better off just keeping Evans............Bad move by the Kings, Iggy got insanely overrated for being a good player for 1 round of the playoffs where the Nuggets got raped. He was not even better than Gallo or Lawson when all three played together.

Nope those are tied up too.
http://www.hoopsworld.com/sacramento-kings-team-salary

Pick Swaps:

2013 – Owe first-rounder (top-13 protected, top-12 protected in 2014, top-10 protected through 2017 otherwise it converts to a 2017 second-rounder, provided it’s higher than 56) to Cleveland Cavaliers (J.J. Hickson).

2014 – Owe second-rounder (provided it’s higher than 56) to Toronto Raptors (James Johnson).

2014 – Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) to New York Knicks (Patrick O’Bryant, Nate Robinson).

2015 – Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Boston Celtics (Sam Cassell).

2016 – Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to New Orleans Hornets (Hilton Armstrong).

2017 – Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Boston Celtics (Marquis Daniels).
So basically until one of these is lifted we can't trade picks up to 2018. Thank you Maloofs.
Actually all these protections guarantee you a pick in #31-55 range, so it can be traded, and I believe, that team getting it will know for sure they'll have additional second-rounder next summer. :p

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Good lord.. People ready to trade the whole team...

Sign Iggy (not a huge fan of) and sign Calderon and we're fine.
Fine in your opinion. But Calderon, a terrible defensive PG who'll turn 32 in Sept and Iggy, a high quality role player but a guy turning 30 next season and near decline making 14M per year until he's 33 isn't simply fine.

That's trading the future for two years at gunning for 7-8th seed.

As long as they don't give away the star power to get this aging Cadillac.

At 34 yrs of age I will eat my hat if Iggy is worth $16mil. he doesn't have to slide much for that thing to approach worst contract in the league status. Don't believe me? Last year he averaged 13.5pts 5.3reb 5.4ast on .454 shooting, .317 from the three point line. + Defense of course. But just a little sink, just a minor one, and that's 12 4 and 4. One significant injury and it could be 10 4 and 4.
He'll be worth something because he'll be a humongo expiring by that time. Could probably flip and somebody else for star if it didn't work out. Who cares how many points he averages. Just defend LeBron and the other real deal SF's in the league. If you want to go anywhere you are going to have to compete on some level with those guys.

Terrible 56million for a 30 year old who relies heavily on athletic ability, better off just keeping Evans............Bad move by the Kings, Iggy got insanely overrated for being a good player for 1 round of the playoffs where the Nuggets got raped. He was not even better than Gallo or Lawson when all three played together.
It's not exactly his first time in the playoffs, and 29 years old or not we need a vet awfully bad, and he was on the olympic team and has accomplished a lot in his career. He is still young enough to provide 3 good years and teach the youngsters a thing or two. PDA has seen Iggy in person hundreds of times. I believe this is his call and if anyone knows all about Iggy, its him.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Andre Iguodala
‏@andre
28m Really?? Ok... MOTIVATION!!!!!!

im not sure how too decipher this tweet? motivated by the contract we offered him?
Nope. According to several other tweets, he was reacting to something on the Extreme Weight Loss (or whatever the title) show.

That's one of the problems with Twitter. Totally different things can be happening at the same time and people's reactions to one thing are mistaken for the other.

Roughly translated: come earn stupid money and be the veteran team captain/respected guru to a trio of hyper talented kids, show them how to play, and get credit for leading them into the playoffs.

Also, 600 million Indian chicks will love you.
And they all look like Aishwarya Rai used to.
Did I mention we'll mow your lawn?
WOW!!!! lol

Well, for starters, I think we just lost the Andrew Wiggins sweepstakes.

Second, I think everyone is undervaluing the kind of player Iggy is. He is very good. In all honestly, I think this contract is only overpaying him 2 million a year. But, we're Sacramento, we have to overpay. He's an All-Star with playoff experience and an Olympic gold medal. There's more accolades in that sentence than our entire team combined (over the last what... five years?).

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
It's not exactly his first time in the playoffs, and 29 years old or not we need a vet awfully bad, and he was on the olympic team and has accomplished a lot in his career. He is still young enough to provide 3 good years and teach the youngsters a thing or two. PDA has seen Iggy in person hundreds of times. I believe this is his call and if anyone knows all about Iggy, its him.
I'm sorry, but some are acting like his playoff appearances didn't leave many wanting/expecting more. He got killed in Philly for not showing up in the playoffs and not having the ability to take over games. Then last season he was again killed in Den for not showing up. Had a couple good games late in the series but it was too little too late.

And it stems from who he is as a player, a phenomenal role player who can't do much offensively on his own. And a phenomenal role player who can't get his own with the game on the line is not worth 14M. We couldn't find a player with playoff experience who's respected and can teach our youngsters for less than 4/56?