2013 NBA Draft thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even the anti Reke at PG crowd must acknowledge he's never had a shooter like McLemore next to him. He'll have better spacing than he's ever had. He'll also likely have the best NBA coach he's ever played for, by a good amount as well, as well as most likely a real system to play in for the first time. And, they're a better defensive pairing potentially than anything we've thrown out there next to Reke previously.

The question just is, is McLemore here to join Reke or replace him, and that is something I'd hope someone in our organization touches on today. If you're planning on a Reke/McLEmore backourt you'd come out and say it right away due to the excitement surrounding the potential fit together.

Tyreke is a good player.

McLenmore could turn out to be a good player.

But Reke and McLenmore isn't the ideal pairing; it just isn't. If the plan is to move Reke back to PG and put a shooter next to him, the coach can easily trot out a Reke/MT backcourt; the result wouldn't be that different from a Reke/McLenmore backcourt.

I think this is only the first of many moves, more to come this off season.

Make my day. Trade Jimmer for Adams. Kinda doubt it but I'd throw in IT. Then we resign Douglas and we are OK.
I'd actually throw in MT before IT, with McLemore in house now. IT now finally has his ideal role to come in as a spark off the bench, next to one of two guys that can help mask his defense.

How about Reke/McLemore/AK. AK is rumored to be opting out.

That would be a phenomenal trio with Cuz up front. Acquire a defensive PF and we're on our way to the postseason.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
If we got Iggy or someone to play SF who can pass, we can cover for weaknesses. We're not done yet.
Sure you squint and have a front office with vision and you:

-- draft McLemore
-- trade Thornton and/or Jimmer and/or Salmons etc.
-- resign Reke
-- sign Iggy

And go:
C- Cousins
PF- Patterson
SF- Iggy
SG- McLemore
PG- Evans

And have plenty of ballhandling/creativity/ways to attack, potentially dominant perimeter defense if Malone can coach it, and on almost every night one of our 3 littles is going to get to bulldoze a wildly undersized PG.

Now how many times have you actually seen one of these plans work out like that for us?

Will be interesting to see if Kings trade up for a mid-round first; they didn't have to use ammo to move up to get McLemore.
This is the real beauty of how this played out for us. Noel Schmoel.

This is about as good as it could have gone for us now.

I mean, do you wanna spend an asset to trade up to get Noel, or do you wanna get a potentially double all star backcourt with DEFENSE and still have a plenty of chips to get Adams and maybe even Snell... then you've got a team with GREAT potential both ways.

We won't trade McLemore. Vivek just came out and gushed that he was our #1 target. Said they tried to trade up as high as 2nd pick to get him. He is obviously part of the Kings plan. Hopefully with Reke There are some huge Tyreke banners in the concourse

Tyreke is a good player.

McLenmore could turn out to be a good player.

But Reke and McLenmore isn't the ideal pairing; it just isn't. If the plan is to move Reke back to PG and put a shooter next to him, the coach can easily trot out a Reke/MT backcourt; the result wouldn't be that different from a Reke/McLenmore backcourt.

I think this is only the first of many moves, more to come this off season.
McLemore has considerably more upside than MT, is superior moving off the ball, more consistent shooter, much more athletic, better defender, and much cheaper at this point.

-- draft McLemore
-- resign Reke
-- sign Iggy

And go:
C- Cousins
PF- Patterson
SF- Iggy
SG- McLemore
PG- Evans

And have plenty of ballhandling/creativity/ways to attack, potentially dominant perimeter defense if Malone can coach it, and on almost every night one of our 3 littles is going to get to bulldoze a wildly undersized PG.

Now how many times have you actually seen one of these plans work out like that for us?
Can't afford Iggy

Kingster

Hall of Famer
We won't trade McLemore. Vivek just came out and gushed that he was our #1 target. Said they tried to trade up as high as 2nd pick to get him. He is obviously part of the Kings plan. Hopefully with Reke There are some huge Tyreke banners in the concourse
So their #1 plan was to get a prototypical big 2 who could shoot a jump shot and play D. It wasn't to get a shot blocker or a 3. Or maybe it wasn't need that drove their bus, maybe it was just they thought he was the best player in the draft.

-- draft McLemore
-- resign Reke
-- sign Iggy

And go:
C- Cousins
PF- Patterson
SF- Iggy
SG- McLemore
PG- Evans

I know that this feels like the Noah/Hawes thing all over again...but there are plenty of defensive bigs left in the draft...so it's possible that we can turn some of our other guards into an asset to pick one of them up.

If the idea is to play Tyreke/Ben together...that is a plan that you have to like with the size/defense/athleticism/shooting/rim attack that they both bring as a pair. Hopefully we can find ourselves a better rim protector and solid SF either today or the coming weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.