2013 NBA Draft thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
VERY interesting pick. Goes against the intangibles the Kings wanted, but has maybe the highest ceiling in the draft. Kings have got to surround this guy with the right people. I have a lot more hope for this kid under Vivek than with the Maloofs. You're adding immaturity to an immature team. This just makes it even more likely there will be future trades imo.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Is this good for us then?
It absolutely forces the team to make some trades and that doesn't bother me. He can't dribble left. he has no iso skills and he is not aggressive. Otherwise he can shoot the hell out of the ball and has a 42" vertical. I'm OK with it and I think it's a whole lot better than Burke or McCollum. Sorry you PG lovers. :)

He's athletic, a great shooter, a good defender. I'm happens with the pick. It also means we are going to trade some of our other guards.

Yes another SG, but he's the 2nd or 3rd best talent on the team. This doesn't preclude Reke in any way.

MT, Jimmer, and IT are players you can dump without losing any sleep.

Ryan

I like turtles
VERY interesting pick. Goes against the intangibles the Kings wanted, but has maybe the highest ceiling in the draft. Kings have got to surround this guy with the right people.
They will. I can tell you from first hand experience, this ownership group is doing everything they can to sign veteran players as mentors for Cousins, Evans, etc.

I freaking LOVE our backcourt at this point.

I don't give a rat's *** about the traditional pg role... with these guys, Reke is obviously the ball handler, but he is one of the primary scorers, importantly, as a penetrator, which is an excellent fit with McLemore's shooting. DMC's passing ability will come in handy too, finding our pick if the wrong guy doubles or shifts.

Also, can be a very good defensive backcourt. You're not sacrificing here.

Very interesting how high espn dudes were on him.

Now I really hope Reke stays now. Reke at PG Mclemore at SG. You got Offense/Defense in the backcourt with plenty of athletism. Plus dont forget we got an upcoming big man in DMC.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I freaking LOVE our backcourt at this point.

I don't give a rat's *** about the traditional pg role... with these guys, Reke is obviously the ball handler, but he is one of the primary scorers, importantly, as a penetrator, which is an excellent fit with McLemore's shooting. DMC's passing ability will come in handy too, finding our pick if the wrong guy doubles or shifts.

Also, can be a very good defensive backcourt. You're not sacrificing here.

Very interesting how high espn dudes were on him.
Now we need a SF that can pass the ball. Iggy?

Kingster

Hall of Famer
They will. I can tell you from first hand experience, this ownership group is doing everything they can to sign veteran players as mentors for Cousins, Evans, etc.
That would make a lot of sense. No more youngins for this team. You better have some strong vets to go with the youth.

Status
Not open for further replies.