Tidying up loose ends and other news

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sactownfan

KJ!!!!!! Stern!!!! and the NEW OWNER VIVEK!!!! FLAWLESS VICTORY!!!

now

FINISH THEM!!!!

Krunker

Northernmost Kings Fan
George Maloof's craziness and statement of "there's no pressure to sell" has me a little concerned but hopefully he is just posturing since it will be a financial disaster for them if they don't sell at this point.

George Maloof's craziness and statement of "there's no pressure to sell" has me a little concerned but hopefully he is just posturing since it will be a financial disaster for them if they don't sell at this point.
Posturing is what it is, they are desperate in getting income increase the distribution of their ****ty vodka. Its make or break for them.

Last edited:
I was following on twitter all day but just now watched Stern's presser.

You really have to see his expression and hear his tone and inflection when he says something like "I have the anticipation that the Maloofs will come to be open to the Sacramento bid, and I will visit with them in the next day or so to CLOSE ON THAT ANTICIPATION". It's like Vito Corleone saying "don't worry, I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse". Why would anybody ever try to eff with this guy and think it will get em somewhere??

I feel better having seen the presser - quotes and tweets can't quite capture the decisive and conclusive tone of the whole thing.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Maybe "tidying up loose ends" isn't quite the right phrase to describe what's left, but after all the emotion of today it sure seems like we've survived the near-miss of a comet, outsmarted all the zombies, found a cure for the alien-borne virus and possibly kept a volcano from erupting.

There was a time when I don't think anyone had much hope for the future of the Sacramento Kings. We talked a good game but I remember how I felt the day we heard about the pending sale to Seattle. There was a hard rock in the spot usually occupied by my heart. I was shocked, stunned, mad, sad, disappointed and defeated. Now, after all that time, it feels funny to have my heart back where it belongs and beating normally.

Yes, we still have to wait for a deal to be finalized between Vivek and the Maloofs, but as John Galt has said above, the tone and inflection in David Stern's words made it clear this is not going to be a major obstacle.

We've finally been able to exhale ... and I'll bet we all sleep just a little bit better tonight. And tomorrow, we can get up and not worry about Seattle. We can actually start talking seriously about silly things like the draft lottery and draft picks and possible coaches and GMs and all the other things we've toyed with but haven't really felt too excited about.

They are and will be OUR Sacramento Kings. Damn, that feels good.

I LOVE THIS TEAM and I love all of you who make being a Kings fan so much fun.

:)

No only did Stern say he expects a deal will be reached between Vivek and the Buffoo... er Maloofs, he even gave a time frame - 24 to 48 hours.

About a month ago, he said he expected the Sac group to raise their bid. It happened. Before today, he said the vote would be about Sacramento and not Seattle, he's right. And now he said he expects Sac group and the prodigal sons to reach a deal and soon...

I guess we'll see, but this weekend could bring even better news.

ok, so next is the sale that Stern seems convinced about and the 24-48 hour comment was nice to hear, but.

-what about this arena suit in Sac ?

-does the Seattle group have anything to sue about?

-did hansen keep the 7% from auction?

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I was following on twitter all day but just now watched Stern's presser.

You really have to see his expression and hear his tone and inflection when he says something like "I have the anticipation that the Maloofs will come to be open to the Sacramento bid, and I will visit with them in the next day or so to CLOSE ON THAT ANTICIPATION". It's like Vito Corleone saying "don't worry, I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse". Why would anybody ever try to eff with this guy and think it will get em somewhere??

I feel better having seen the presser - quotes and tweets can't quite capture the decisive and conclusive tone of the whole thing.
There was a certain mafioso to that statement -- I even posted a pic of a couple of mob enforcers after he made it. Say hello to my little friend Mr. Maloof....

ok, so next is the sale that Stern seems convinced about and the 24-48 hour comment was nice to hear, but.

-what about this arena suit in Sac ?

-does the Seattle group have anything to sue about?

-did hansen keep the 7% from auction?
Arena suit will go away, just some clowns trying to get a cut.

Seattle has no basis to sue and the Maloofs said they will not sue.

Hansen could keep that 7%, give up on it, sell. That 7% is worthless and will be worthless in the grand scheme of things.

Clarify. Hansen's bid on the 7% was also contingent on the team moving and the NBA would have to approve him as a minority owner of the Kings, which isn't going to happen.

The sports legal guy, McCann is pretty sure the Sacramento will not be successful due to lack of standing to sue by the people suing. (I think that's what I read.

As to the current city loan to the Maloofs that will be assumed by the new ownership group, that was settled by the April 26th approval of the term sheet. The city has agreed to refinance that loan when the new arena opens. That will lower the debt service on the loan. No problem. I was a little surprised that the Maloofs line of credit with the league was less than $100 million, but that's all good. Less dent for the Ranadivé group to assume.

Yes the net payout to the sellers will be $200 million, but at least we'll be rid of the Maloofs. Remember some of the $200 million is going to Bob Hernrich for his share.

I was at the Firestone Public House from 3 PM until 11:30. It was wonderful. Hugs, cheers, chanting, toasts. :D City Manager, Asst City Manager and other Mayor's office staff came by after work to celebrate with us. (I feel like they're my friends after so many city council meetings over the last three years. Aaron Bruski was there. A bunch were still there when I left and quite a few had more than a few, so I hope everyone made it home safely/had a designated driver.

The vote that made me cry was the 7-0 relocation committee vote. I felt fairly confident for the BoG vote, but it was a great day for Sacramento and Kings fans.

The reason I'm still up, is I just read through all your posts so I could feel what you all felt waiting for this decision. Thank you all for being here. It would have been unbearable without all of you here everyday.

Now Crown Downtown starts on the next phase. More city council meetings to support the arena and the Natomas re-use plan. Fighting STOP and CRAD. Being the voice for the benefits we believe will flow from a new downtown arena in our great city! I can't wait to see downtown Sacramento in five years. I can't wait to show it to my grandkids!

I love Sacramento, I love Kings fans and I love the SACRAMENTO Kings!

(Now I better get some sleep so I can go welcome KJ home at the airport in the morning. :D

And it's another step in the right direction. I am confident the Maloofs will sell to Ranadivé but there is also ways that this thing can be Maloofed.

While I am confident we are almost done, not prepared to dance in the end zone. We have been Maloofed far to many times. Having said that, I think Mallofs are about to get Sterned!

well, now that the Maloofs are on record saying that they want to get this done in the timeframe the commissioner has laid out, even the last of my worries is assuaged. the sale will be completed soon and the new front office will be in place to oversee all the important decisions. life ia good.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Now we just need the Magoofs exiled off to Vegas, never to return, and we can say this thing is really over.

Go get 'em Stern!

David Bienick ‏@kcrabienick 8m
Maloof again complimented @KJ_MayorJohnson and said he plans to maintain ties to #Sacramento.

David Bienick ‏@kcrabienick 9m
Maloof flew (first class) from Dallas to Phoenix. We spoke while he waited for connecting flight to Las Vegas.

David Bienick ‏@kcrabienick 11m
Maloof says he's not being greedy, but value of #nbakings may have gone up since initial deal with Hansen and Ballmer.

David Bienick ‏@kcrabienick 12m
Maloof says Hansen still interested in buying stake of #nbakings. Says that's part of talks.

David Bienick ‏@kcrabienick 15m
Maloof says not sure if they can make Stern's 24-48 hour goal. #NBAKings

David Bienick ‏@kcrabienick 16m
Just spoke with George Maloof at airport in Phoenix. Says he believes deal will be reached with Ranadive.

Arena suit will go away, just some clowns trying to get a cut.

Seattle has no basis to sue and the Maloofs said they will not sue.

Hansen could keep that 7%, give up on it, sell. That 7% is worthless and will be worthless in the grand scheme of things.
There are some people who believe that Hansen and Ballmer could attempt a lawsuit versus either the Maloofs or the NBA. The important thing from our standpoint is that it wouldn't move the Kings anywhere...that ship has sailed. Or in this case, stayed put.

Value has gone up?

"David Bienick ‏@kcrabienick 11m
Maloof says he's not being greedy, but value of #nbakings may have gone up since initial deal with Hansen and Ballmer."

Nice.

"David Bienick ‏@kcrabienick 11m
Maloof says he's not being greedy, but value of #nbakings may have gone up since initial deal with Hansen and Ballmer."

Nice.
YES!!! Please, please, please... let him reject the Ranadive offer so that Stern can turn around and immediately start talking expansion to Seattle. Watch the Clowns lose a ton of money as the team value plummets from 525 to 400 million....

YES!!! Please, please, please... let him reject the Ranadive offer so that Stern can turn around and immediately start talking expansion to Seattle. Watch the Clowns lose a ton of money as the team value plummets from 525 to 400 million....
I'd really rather see Vivek kick George a few more million to get er done quickly. But I very much hope Vivek does not cut Hansen in! Apparently that is what George is angling for. To me it would be horrible if Hansen ownes even the 7%... just a drag... an axe hovering over our necks and working against us during the arena project.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Complete bluster, the Maloofs will have a deal in place before the weekend is up. The Ranadive deal puts as much or more money in their pocket than the $650 millll offer would have once you factor in the money owed to the city and the NBA, more importantly the BM KNOW they will never see another offer like this for the Kings if they held on for years. Let him talk all he wants. The papers are being drawn up as he speaks.

Vivek and George both saying that they believe deal will be reached by the end of the week. But, once again these conflicting quotes from George don't allow me to fully celebrate until transfer of ownership to Vivek is complete and signed.

There is absolutely no reason for Hansen to be part of Kings ownership. He's a snake and he will find a way to **** with us even if he is part of the minority stake. His only goal is to have bball in Seattle, so there will be ulterior motives. And the value of the Kings have gone up? Get out of here...

About the idea of Hansen still wanting to own a piece of the team, I'm wondering about different scenarios.

If he just wants into the league, then Ranadivé selling Hansen his share of the Warriors is brilliant. Keeps him away from trying to weasel into the Kings and let's him into the league.

If Hansen is honest and says he only wants a piece of the Kings because he's skeptical the arena will work out and wants to be there to buy more and bring them to Seattle, then do Ranadivé and company oblige? They're already turning away investors, do they really want to squeeze more people out to make room for Hansen? Do they want the headache of him looking over their shoulder?

Would Hansen be happy with the 7%, which Sacramento didn't bid on?

Most likely they just drop Hansen completely (or give him a piece of the Warriors), but I'm curious to see if he worms his way into owning a little bit of the Kings.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
About the idea of Hansen still wanting to own a piece of the team, I'm wondering about different scenarios.

If he just wants into the league, then Ranadivé selling Hansen his share of the Warriors is brilliant. Keeps him away from trying to weasel into the Kings and let's him into the league.

If Hansen is honest and says he only wants a piece of the Kings because he's skeptical the arena will work out and wants to be there to buy more and bring them to Seattle, then do Ranadivé and company oblige? They're already turning away investors, do they really want to squeeze more people out to make room for Hansen? Do they want the headache of him looking over their shoulder?

Would Hansen be happy with the 7%, which Sacramento didn't bid on?

Most likely they just drop Hansen completely (or give him a piece of the Warriors), but I'm curious to see if he worms his way into owning a little bit of the Kings.
This is exactly what I was thinking. I think Hansen and company know they have to stay on tht good side of the league if they ever want to be owners of a team in Seattle. Buying into the Kings, similar to what Ranadive did with the Warriors might be their goal. They'd essentially have no power, but would be considered part of the ownership group. They might think it would give them an edge when it came time to bid for an expansion team.

Status
Not open for further replies.