Are you kidding me? Robinson Traded?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
How would this be allowed? This trade looks all kinds of shady.
Look at it this way. You've entered into an agreement to buy a house. It hasn't cleared escrow and the current owners want to cut down some trees. They contact you to see if you have any objections. If you don't, they go ahead. If you do, the trees stay put.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
We should have a new thread collecting words that would describe the Maloofs. I have to assure VF21, I know a bunch. It might be educational especially with a few fans from the UK. I love the way they swear.

I am hoping Stern steps in and just denies the trade. It is ridiculously obvious what is going on. It is purely for money purposes. You cannot just do this. I would have refused if I was management. Heck, you're getting fired/retiring anyway, I would have just refused. Disgusting. I honestly hope that family loses every single dime they take. People like that don't deserve anything

Look at it this way. You've entered into an agreement to buy a house. It hasn't cleared escrow and the current owners want to cut down some trees. They contact you to see if you have any objections. If you don't, they go ahead. If you do, the trees stay put.
Even the new possible owners from Seattle shouldn't agree to this. This can only be a move if Seattle is really worried about losing to KJ. So instead of just taking a loss, they will leave Sac-Town with as little as possible. Or it could be a warning too in some sort of way. "This is what I can do to your team if you keep interfering" sort of move. Who knows.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Kings also just lost the only 2 players on the team capable of providing highlight dunks. Honeycutt and RObinson
Honeycutt was never a factor in the past, present, or future of this team. Much like Douglas. This was a Robinson for Patterson swap with the kings getting a little and saving a little money. none of the other players involved will not and would not be a King once FA opens.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
We should have a new thread collecting words that would describe the Maloofs. I have to assure VF21, I know a bunch. It might be educational especially with a few fans from the UK. I love the way they swear.
That family doesn't deserve a thread dedicated to anything about them, even if it was just to find new and colorful ways to describe them. They aren't worth the bandwidth. I wish them all the things in life they have earned.

I really wish people would just get over the "they could have had..." stuff. Who we could have drafted isn't the point right now. The point is that we traded away a #5 pick in the middle of his rookie season for no real reason and no improvement to the roster IMO.

This has the Maloof's grimy little fingerprints all over it.
It does matter because they essentially wasted a #5 pick on a player they touted as someone they said was "NBA" ready and then traded him for marginal players when they could have drafted someone else who is making an impact in the NBA right now. You can tell me it doesn't matter but it infuriates me as a fan they they have given up so quickly on a high lotto pick.

Funny thing that if Douglas and Aldrich are throw-ins, that they are better than Brooks/Outlaw, players the team targeted.

Doesn't do anything to fix the roster logjam.

Not only is Petrie far dumber and lazier than Morey, but he doesn't even know this. There's no reason you keep trading your pudding cup for carrot sticks to the same boy, every day at lunch.

WTF. This is pathetic. Even for us. If you blame Maloofs, you should blame the GM too.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It does matter because they essentially wasted a #5 pick on a player they touted as someone they said was "NBA" ready and then traded him for marginal players when they could have drafted someone else who is making an impact in the NBA right now. You can tell me it doesn't matter but it infuriates me as a fan they they have given up so quickly on a high lotto pick.
They've done more than waste a #5 pick. They've wasted an entire year of development of key players by having Keith Smart at the helm. You wanna be infuriated? I'd be picking that as my example.

They've given up on everything else about this team, so adding a high lotto pick to the mix doesn't surprise me at all.

But I can see your point. I can't believe I'm arguing about which egregious act has been the most infuriating. It's like arguing about where the deck chairs were positioned when the Titanic went down.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Even the new possible owners from Seattle shouldn't agree to this. This can only be a move if Seattle is really worried about losing to KJ. So instead of just taking a loss, they will leave Sac-Town with as little as possible. Or it could be a warning too in some sort of way. "This is what I can do to your team if you keep interfering" sort of move. Who knows.
Okay, let's try and lean a little bit back towards reality. This wasn't a trade involving Evans or Cousins. It was TRob, Garcia and Honeycutt. I don't see any of those guys as untouchable and neither did the vast majority of people around here. To say Seattle agreed to it because they're worried about losing to KJ and want to poison the team makes zero sense. Really.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Not only is Petrie far dumber and lazier than Morey, but he doesn't even know this. There's no reason you keep trading your pudding cup for carrot sticks to the same boy, every day at lunch.

WTF. This is pathetic. Even for us. If you blame Maloofs, you should blame the GM too.
Wasnt Petrie. They are trying their damnedest to make us all stop caring and make as much hooker money as possible in the process of giving Sacramento the middle finger. They'd sell all the lights in the arena if they could.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Just thing guys. As Pizzed off as we are tonight. Those that weren't here should have been here the night we traded C-Webb for Corlis Willimson, Kenny Thomas and Brian Skinner. This very much pales in comparrison the hatred I had that evening.

This is what happens when you pee off the owner and GM on the way out... They take a dump on your stuff and then flip you off with a smile on their face. Pure money grab.

Just thing guys. As Pizzed off as we are tonight. Those that weren't here should have been here the night we traded C-Webb for Corlis Willimson, Kenny Thomas and Brian Skinner. This very much pales in comparrison the hatred I had that evening.
I was here for that. Back then I was young and ignorant and some how convinced myself we did that trade as part of a larger plan to stay competative. Boy was I wrong.

Wasnt Petrie. They are trying their damnedest to make us all stop caring and make as much hooker money as possible in the process of giving Sacramento the middle finger. They'd sell all the lights in the arena if they could.
Prove it. Petrie is still the GM. He's in charge of player movement. I don't see him saying anything otherwise. Therefore, his hands are dirty as well. You can't keep protecting Petrie and blaming the Maloofs. He's just as guilty since we know absolutely nothing to delineate between the two parties. Unless you got something I don't?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
To be fair, that hatred at the time was less justifiable than the outrage tonight, at the very least that trade wasn't the Maloofs actively trying to bend Sacramento over and give the city a parting gift.

So you trade him for some soft 6'9" PF who rebounds at a rate of 6.6 rebounds/36? You seem to belive in Alrdich, but he hasn't shown squat since entering the league.
I don't believe in Aldrich but I am intrigued by him. He has never averaged more than 8 mins a season - maybe he really suck or maybe he just never got the chance.

Unless TRob blows up to average something like 18 and 10 with 50% FG, I don't see the big deal about getting rid of him. Just one borderline starer/career journeyman for another borderline starer/career journeyman.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
This trade doesn't even have the benefit of the praising Petrie as a deity and borderline trolling by the exultant Stojakovic fans/Webber haters.