[Game] Kings @ Thunder - 12/14/12

Halftime:

Thunder - 61
Kings - 42
Negative comments about Jimmer by Reke 13 Havoc - 8

Jimmer in 6:19 gave up 1 basket and 1 assist to Maynor. He took 1 shot and missed it. And that is why the Kings are down by 19?

I agree that Jimmer didn't do anything to help, but once he gives up the ball in the half court game, he never sees it again. He gave up 2 pts out of the 61.

L

LWP777

What does Smart even say at halftime? I can't imagine he has an ounce of respect left with the players.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
+/- says differently.
Actually it doesn't -- when all of the starters have been in ther together we have played them pretty tight. Almost all of the - part of the +/- has come with various backups subbed in next to some holdover starters.

But that's where I get off this criticism tonight, becaus etongiht Smart has largely subbed the guys RIGHT. He kept Reke and Cuz in there for long minutes to try to stablize the bench. then he took them out and brough back in the other starters to try to stabilize the rest of thr bench. No 5 bench guy lineups. And unfortunately you have to play your bench guys for a few minutes at some point. Its just gone very badly whenever we have. Jimmer/Cisco/Hayes/Johnson are a combined -38 in only 20min of action.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Halftime:

Thunder - 61
Kings - 42
Negative comments about Jimmer by Reke 13 Havoc - 8

Jimmer in 6:19 gave up 1 basket and 1 assist to Maynor. He took 1 shot and missed it. And that is why the Kings are down by 19?

I agree that Jimmer didn't do anything to help, but once he gives up the ball in the half court game, he never sees it again. He gave up 2 pts out of the 61.
That's hardly the issue. Jimmer let's his man get right by him at which point someone else has to collapse the lane and our team defense is so bad that the other team ends up with an open layup or an undefended three. He also took a terrible pull up jump shot and got trapped baseline and threw the ball away trying to get out of it. But again, it's a small part of a bigger problem. Cisco, Brooks, and Hayes were equally useless out there. We have maybe 5 guys total who are playing like NBA players right now and they can't play the full 48.

ill put it this way, the kings were leading until Smart starting screwing with lineups. its not a coincidence when it happens for 22 games in a row......

That's hardly the issue. Jimmer let's his man get right by him at which point someone else has to collapse the lane and our team defense is so bad that the other team ends up with an open layup or an undefended three..
thank you. im glad some people on here actually know basketball and dont just come on here to talk about how Jimmer is the next john stockton

Jimmer gets burned once and thats why were losing? I dont understand the hate you guys have for this man. Brooks has been burned about 10 more times than jimmer tonight but he shure isnt the problem

interesting, the Starters have quickly made a run. its Too bad that Npialm is not actually watching the game so he cant see whats going on when certain players are on the court

and you are the biggest Jimmer hater of all
nope, im just one of the few people not caught up in the Jimmermania who is not afraid to say that Jimmer was a bust!

i loved Jimmer in college and when we drafted him (although i wanted Kemba Walker), ive always loved watching good shooters. but its now clear that Jimmer cannot last in the NBA.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
interesting, the Starters have quickly made a run. its Too bad that Npialm is not actually watching the game so he cant see whats going on when certain players are on the court
Why don't you have your personal battles in PM's. Has anyone noticed that Tyreke is having a great game?

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Jimmer gets burned once and thats why were losing? I dont understand the hate you guys have for this man. Brooks has been burned about 10 more times than jimmer tonight but he shure isnt the problem
No, it's not why we're losing. We're losing because our bench came into the game and got blown out. That includes Jimmer -- he's had some good games for us this season, but so far this has not been one of them. And I'm sorry, but I've been saying since before he was drafted that he was a terrible defensive player in college and I had doubts he would ever be even average. I don't hate him, I just call them like I see them.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I'd really like Robinson to start getting more minutes. He seems to get better and better. For the hell of it, I'd like Smart to put him on Durant for a little while. Might be a good education.

Cousins has been the best point guard in this game. Made three beautiful dishes on dribble drives.

nope, im just one of the few people not caught up in the Jimmermania who is not afraid to say that Jimmer was a bust!

i loved Jimmer in college and when we drafted him (although i wanted Kemba Walker), ive always loved watching good shooters. but its now clear that Jimmer cannot last in the NBA.
and then Jimmer misses a shot and somehow thats a headline to you and part of the problem when john salmons is 0-5 but thats not the problem either. get your head outta your ***

I am watching now. Just so we're clrear. According to you Jimmer is the reason the Kings were down 20 at halftime, right?

and then Jimmer misses a shot and somehow thats a headline to you and part of the problem when john salmons is 0-5 but thats not the problem either. get your head outta your ***
ok just keep living in your Jimmer world.

i never said Jimmer by himself is the reason were losing, the reason were losing is because our coach continues to insist on giving minutes to players like Jimmer who should not be getting minutes in meaningful NBA games.........

I am watching now. Just so we're clrear. According to you Jimmer is the reason the Kings were down 20 at halftime, right?
nope, you take what i say out of context because you are too wrapped up in defending Jimmer. the reason were down 19 is bad subs, bad lineups, and multiple bad bench players (Garcia, Jimmer,Hayes)

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
ok just keep living in your Jimmer world.

i never said Jimmer by himself is the reason were losing, the reason were losing is because our coach continues to insist on giving minutes to players like Jimmer who should not be getting minutes in meaningful NBA games.........
we've played our starters longer in this game than any other. you gotta play the bench a few minutes. they just didn't get it done this time.

this becoming a Jimmer debate is kind of pointless.

Last edited:
so who else is on board with this idea?

trading a package of one or two of our little PG's, and another player (Garcia,Hayes,JJ) for a decent 2 guard who can hit the 3 and maybe a half decent backup big. and then put Tyreke at the starting PG