[Game] Kings @ Thunder - 12/14/12

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I have to admit, after watching the news all day, that it seems a little callous and bizarre to be thinking about a basketball game. Having said that, watching a game might just be the best medicine to escape the horrific reality for a little while.

The Kings go into Oklahoma City, where they will be greeted with open arms. The Thunder are looking for the Kings to allow them to extend their winning streak and give them the best start in franchise history. And, unless the Kings can find a way to get their heads of their posteriors, it's not too difficult to understand why the Thunder feel that way.

DMC will be back and we can only hope his opinions on this latest suspension won't carry onto the court. We need him to be the player he's capable of being, not the petulant child he sometimes becomes right before our eyes.

GO KINGS!!!

I have to admit, after watching the news all day, that it seems a little callous and bizarre to be thinking about a basketball game. Having said that, watching a game might just be the best medicine to escape the horrific reality for a little while.

The Kings go into Oklahoma City, where they will be greeted with open arms. The Thunder are looking for the Kings to allow them to extend their winning streak and give them the best start in franchise history. And, unless the Kings can find a way to get their heads of their posteriors, it's not too difficult to understand why the Thunder feel that way.

DMC will be back and we can only hope his opinions on this latest suspension won't carry onto the court. We need him to be the player he's capable of being, not the petulant child he sometimes becomes right before our eyes.

GO KINGS!!!
I am with ya...glad to know that there will be a basketball game to allow me to take my mind off of the horrific news that i have been hearing and watching, and the horrific pictures i have been seeing all day long...I hope we show up to play and our effort is at its maximum potential...

K

KingMilz

If we can remain in the game for for than the first two quarters I will be happy, I just don't see how our PG's who couldn't stop Fisher are going to stop Westbrooke and Durrant is going to trash Salmons. The Thunder just have so much fire power at positions we are don't have good defense at.

If we can remain in the game for for than the first two quarters I will be happy, I just don't see how our PG's who couldn't stop Fisher are going to stop Westbrooke and Durrant is going to trash Salmons. The Thunder just have so much fire power at positions we are don't have good defense at.
This is the time coach Smart should play the bigger SFs we have (in Outlaw and Johnson) and ride them no matter what. They are our only chance to match against Durant defensively. They should at least slow down Durant and coach Smart should chew their asses constantly if they dont. Let's hope our bigger SFs step-up to the challenge.

IT and Jimmer should not get any minutes. We have Evans and Salmons to play PGs (and Brooks at times) to match-up with Westbrook. Let us also hope MT plays an inspired game.

I don't worry much about Perkins and Ibaka. If Cousins steps-up his game after all the bruhaha about him, neither of the Thunders big man can slow him down if he plays a smart/calcualted game. Besides, I think Thompson and TRob can adequately give Cousins the needed support at the front court against these not-so-big front court of the Thunder.

I think the key to win this game will be matching-up well with the right players and substitution patterns. I believe we can do that, especially if we use only 8-9 players. Evans, Salmons, Brooks, MT at the back-court; Cousins, Thompson, Robinson as our BIGS; Outlaw and Johnson at SF).

Let us hope coach Smart lives up to his name and give our team a fighting chance against this surging Thunders.

Let's go Kings!

Last edited:
well since i have lost ALL hope for Smart to figure things out. im just going to enjoy the fact that i get to watch Kevin Durant play tonight

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
I'm watching about 10 mins of this before going out, will watch the rest later, but Brooks on Westbrook has got to be the dumbest part of this game plan.

looking at these teams, its a glaring example of a small market team who knows how to rebuild through draft and trade, and a small market team who utterly fails at that task.....

Very good first quarter. good defense. now lets all sit back and watch how Keith Smart STILLLLLLLL hasnt figured out its a bad idea to bench all his starters at the same time and watch this 2nd quarter disaster happen

well i spoke to soon, i guess the bench players are going to screw up this lead before the first quarter even ends

and anyone still wanna defend Jimmer's defense after watching what Eric Maynor just did to him?

JT's post game makes me sick. which is a reason id love to see T-Rob inserted into the starting lineup. that way you dont have Thompson taking away offense from our real scorers