[Game] Kings vs. Hawks 11/16/12

Have to get to the point where the players believe that what they're doing is not working. If they want to continue the way they're playing then he's going to have to get some people off the floor.

More about balance and fitting it together.

"No matter how bad things are you've still gotta play." (about guys hanging their heads)

Teams that lose panic and think they need to make wholesale changes, and that's the wrong thing to do.

Has "several" guys he's looking at inserting into the starting lineup but he won't say who in case the Brooklyn Nets are listening.

That's it!
Thanks Capt.

Have to get to the point where the players believe that what they're doing is not working. If they want to continue the way they're playing then he's going to have to get some people off the floor.

"No matter how bad things are you've still gotta play." (about guys hanging their heads)

Teams that lose panic and think they need to make wholesale changes, and that's the wrong thing to do.

Has "several" guys he's looking at inserting into the starting lineup but he won't say who in case the Brooklyn Nets are listening.

That's it!

I'll call it now that the starting lineup next game is Brooks, MT, Salmons, JT and Cousins

That's it!
Lol the Nets are probably just chilling out. Probably won't even need a practice, just come over and whip our ***es and hand them to Smart on a silver platter. That's kinda what good teams do - they have a fixed game plan regardless of who they are playing, and they just go out and execute. Good teams don't look at matchups and change their lineups to take advantage of matchups and what not. They leave that to the Paul Westphals and Keith Smarts of the game.

That's it!
Thanks Capt!

Lol the Nets are probably just chilling out. Probably won't even need a practice, just come over and whip our ***es and hand them to Smart on a silver platter. That's kinda what good teams do - they have a fixed game plan regardless of who they are playing, and they just go out and execute. Good teams don't look at matchups and change their lineups to take advantage of matchups and what not. They leave that to the Paul Westphals and Keith Smarts of the game.
Yeah, I thought that was funny. Like any coach in the league is worried about being out-strategized by Keith Smart.

Well a new starting line up might not be a bad thing, but seriously if Smart wants to see an improvement it will be less about the 5 he starts but more about who he brings in and when. Other posters have noted playing deep in the bench is a problem and I agree. Smart has too look at his rotations every bit as much as who his starting 5 should be.

Guys can someone explain how the RFA thing works exactly? Basically can Evans simply refuse to resign with the Kings, regardless of their offer, become a UFA and then sign with some other team a month later or something?

On my way home from the game. Pathetic. Ive never seen such a dead Arco crowd. Even in losses in the past. This team has become a complete joke. Even if I get more free tickets I probably wont go again. Unless MAJOR changes happen soon. Smart is a joke

You don't bench an entire starting unit to start the 3rd. The bench ended up showing why they're bench players in the first place. Unless I missed the lighting it up in the 4th.
And yet the discussion becomes which of these bench players will now start and which of these "staters" have shown why they "deserve" to be on the bench.

I'm personally sick of James Ham and the rest of the Sac media who are either too scared or too stupid to actually break down the issues.
the maloofs pay for some of the media members travel and other expenses, with papers going downhill the media guys have to be nice or they can say bye bye to their jobs.

And yet the discussion becomes which of these bench players will now start and which of these "staters" have shown why they "deserve" to be on the bench.
As it should. I think we all agree we need another shooter in the lineup.

But that's different then suggesting to bench the entire starting unit because our bench got hot for a quarter. You can't do that every time the bench gets hot. I wouldn't have had a problem with starting someone in place of JJ to start the 3rd though.

As it should. I think we all agree we need another shooter in the lineup.

But that's different then suggesting to bench the entire starting unit because our bench got hot for a quarter. You can't do that every time the bench gets hot. I wouldn't have had a problem with starting someone in place of JJ to start the 3rd though.
So it's crazy to come back from the half with a line up that was working, but totally rational to start the guys that got ino a 15 point hole loose the game then move 2 or 3 of them to the bench for the start of the NEXT game?

So it's crazy to come back from the half with a line up that was working, but totally rational to start the guys that got ino a 15 point hole loose the game then move 2 or 3 of them to the bench for the start of the NEXT game?
its apart of smarts masterplan, per his press conference remarks.

Guys can someone explain how the RFA thing works exactly? Basically can Evans simply refuse to resign with the Kings, regardless of their offer, become a UFA and then sign with some other team a month later or something?
The Kings give a 1 year qualifying offer. He can sign the offer and play for 1 year then become a FA. If he doesn't sign the offer he can sign an offer sheet from another team that the Kings can match or he can sign a long term deal with the Kings.

Name a single coach who benches his starters to start the 3rd after the bench got hot for the 2nd quarter.

Yes, it is irrational. You can practice and game plan with a new lineup for the next game. Mid game? If it's rational, you'll have no problem pulling up a few examples of successful coaches who do that.

Name a single coach who benches his starters to start the 3rd after the bench got hot for the 2nd quarter.

Yes, it is irrational. You can practice and game plan with a new lineup for the next game. Mid game? If it's rational, you'll have no problem pulling up a few examples of successful coaches who do that.
The point is JJ was not the only starter who has consistently been found lacking. The point is that several players were doing well in the 2nd. The point is NONE of the starers were producing in the first 1/2. The point is putting ALL of the starters bout out to start the 3rd was not successful. The point is that every one watching the game in ARCO and on TV including coach Smart hoped and prayed there would be changes to the line up. So maybe it would have made sense to play a few of the guys you are considering for the new starters. Not just bench JJ. If Smart had kept Jason, Cousins or even given Tyreek another shot that would have been rational. but leaving ALL the guys that got you back in a game on the bench is something you will rarely see a good coach do. Moreover many of the best coaches (read Popivich and Adelman) frequently will keep 6th and 7th men in. I remember a time when a very good Kings team NEVER let it's starting point guard play in the entire 4th quarter no mater how well he played in the first 3.

The point is JJ was not the only starter who has consistently been found lacking. The point is that several players were doing well in the 2nd. The point is NONE of the starers were producing in the first 1/2. The point is putting ALL of the starters bout out to start the 3rd was not successful. The point is that every one watching the game in ARCO and on TV including coach Smart hoped and prayed there would be changes to the line up. So maybe it would have made sense to play a few of the guys you are considering for the new starters. Not just bench JJ. If Smart had kept Jason, Cousins or even given Tyreek another shot that would have been rational. but leaving ALL the guys that got you back in a game on the bench is something you will rarely see a good coach do. Moreover many of the best coaches (read Popivich and Adelman) frequently will keep 6th and 7th men in. I remember a time when a very good Kings team NEVER let it's starting point guard play in the entire 4th quarter no mater how well he played in the first 3.
I'm not even sure you two are arguing about the same thing.

The Kings give a 1 year qualifying offer. He can sign the offer and play for 1 year then become a FA. If he doesn't sign the offer he can sign an offer sheet from another team that the Kings can match or he can sign a long term deal with the Kings.
I see. So there's no way that he can take less money than what the Kings are offering to play for another team?