Kings @ Warriors Gameday Thread

Whiteside appears to be the biggest, and yet softest player on the court. Thompson looks lost as always, Tyreke ballhogging like always (had Greene for a wide open shot and still tried to force it by the baseline), Garcia lookin good, Thomas looking raw but seems to have very nice court vision, Hickson probably shaking off all those Cav years lol Jimmer reminds me of Bibby...don't know what else...

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Offensive chemistry won't exist this year. Darn near every player is a black hole with the rock.

Just imagine Salmons in this lineup also gunning every ball he touches. Scary.

Offensivelty jimmer has looked great. But hes the worst kind of slow and unathletic. The one that doesnt seem to try very hard. You can get by with it when you're athketic, but he's going to have to bust *** just to be average at defense. With the effort he's putting in you're looking at one of the worst defenders in th e league.
I don't know if it's him not trying.. it seems more like he's lost. He was always looking around like "what do I do now?"

Heard that and had the same reaction. Even have Keith Smart now? I really need to earn a billion dollars here to save this team. I might become the first owner in history to fire his coach in the preseason. Oh THAT'S how you want to play it? Don't let the door hit you.
I particularly enjoy how the team can't commit to one single team philosophy for more than a season.

And he did save two points by following Curry on a breakaway to the point where Curry missed his wide-open layup. :)
Jimmers not really getting destroyed one on one, he's leaving guys wide open to help though, which is eerily reminiscent of the Kings guards last year. Please Westphal, let this not be the strategy.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I particularly enjoy how the team can't commit to one single team philosophy for more than a season.
Quite possibly owner driven if true. Emotional knee jerk nincompoomps - always chasing the latest toy, fad, whatever shiny bauble catches the eye.

I don't 100% know whether to belive it or not given our offer to Dalembert anf pursuti of Kirilneko. Those sorts of things would seem to indicate we understood. But then this...its alarming.

Its been 8 years since we finsihed in the top half of the NBA in FG% defense. It could be a decade if we go small now.

I don't know if it's him not trying.. it seems more like he's lost. He was always looking around like "what do I do now?"
It seems like when he gets beat initially he'd rather just let him score so he can get the ball back quicker. He gets beat and doesnt even seem to bother to trail the guy and keep himself in the play. He just kind of stands there until they score, then puts his hands up for the ball. It could be the rookie jitters, or it could be that he's out of shape or it could be that he doesn't care to try very hard because its preseason. But his body language and effort out there is flat out terrible.

Its never too early for the "Fire Westphal" thread revival!
Paul isn't Pop. GP has to sign off on deals and agree to this too. He's the one who drafted Tyreke, Cousins, went after Dalembert, and began the transition to a power team, and now just a year or two later, he's totally going the opposite direction. It's on his shoulders too.

another huge issue isn't just getting the rebouhd, its the way they get it. Its not clean and lets golden state set up their d. Hoping for a better second half-

Quite possibly owner driven if true. Emotional knee jerk nincompoomps - always chasing the latest toy, fad, whatever shiny bauble catches the eye.

I don't 100% know whether to belive it or not given our offer to Dalembert anf pursuti of Kirilneko. Those sorts of things would seem to indicate we understood. But then this...its alarming.

Its been 8 years since we finsihed in the top half of the NBA in FG% defense. It could be a decade if we go small now.
Considering they picked up Salmons and now Outlaw, I highly doubt the idea is to go small full time. Westphal has already said exactly what his starting lineup will look like, hopefully it stays that way.

It seems like when he gets beat initially he'd rather just let him score so he can get the ball back quicker. He gets beat and doesnt even seem to bother to trail the guy and keep himself in the play. He just kind of stands there until they score, then puts his hands up for the ball. It could be the rookie jitters, or it could be that he's out of shape or it could be that he doesn't care to try very hard because its preseason. But his body language and effort out there is flat out terrible.
I think a lot of that is the lack of team defense. When Jimmer gets beat someone should be stepping out, instead they all stand around lost.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The way the Kings are playing offense reminds me of a pickup game
Just a small reality check, if I might?

This is the FIRST pre-season game for these guys after a whole WEEK of "training camp." Lots of new faces, lots of jitters, lots of different things going on. And a couple of key players not playing. I really think it's way too early to be so critical, but maybe I'm just being over-protective.

I like these young Kings and I see a bright future, if we can just get some luck to go our way.

EDIT: Having said all that, I meant to add that I didn't really disagree that much with your assessment. ;)

Just a small reality check, if I might?

This is the FIRST pre-season game for these guys after a whole WEEK of "training camp." Lots of new faces, lots of jitters, lots of different things going on. And a couple of key players not playing. I really think it's way too early to be so critical, but maybe I'm just being over-protective.

I like these young Kings and I see a bright future, if we can just get some luck to go our way.
Just meant the pace and the way the offense is being ran, not being negative at all