Kings @ Warriors Gameday Thread

Two things... Tyreke needs to hit Jimmer when he has space up top, no need to do the 1-4 flat so much with a shooter on the floor. Second, we have absolutely horrible help defense. No shot blocker is going to murder us whenever Jimmer is on the floor.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I need to go back and rewatch this thig to see how many points Jimmer has been directly responsible for in this one. He's got 10 of our 40. And the Warriors may have 20 of their 57 going over and through him. We could be talking 30pt half and MAJOR impact player here!

During the interview, something was mentioned that I have a huge concern about:

Paul wants a small, athletic up tempo team. This was mentioned during the discussion of playing 3 guards, which I don't have a serious issue with, but I do take issue with a smaller, athletic frontline. That strategy with this roster is a massive mistake. They were better off exploiting their wing talent combined with dominating physical presence of big PF/C combination, instead of smaller, more athletic PF/C combinations. Looks like they want the kings to become the warriors of the past few years.

Honestly its like the kings don't even have a coach-. No semblence of any sort of structured offense. Its just like last season. I know its just preseason but man is it frustrating as hell to watch.

As bad as Jimmer was on D, Hickson was worse.

The team just simply has no good passing or passers. Combine that with horrible D and I am not sure I'll be willing to watch them play. Cousins only helps so much.

Bricklayer

Honestly its like the kings don't even have a coach-. No semblence of any sort of structured offense. Its just like last season. I know its just preseason but man is it frustrating as hell to watch.
TRhere was some decent interaction betwen the guards aroudn the perimeter, and we tried to go to Hickson in the post early. But that has been about it. Don't really know what the SFs or PFs are doing.

The bigger problem of course is on the other end where we are even more disorganized.

Paul wants a small, athletic up tempo team. This was mentioned during the discussion of playing 3 guards, which I don't have a serious issue with, but I do take issue with a smaller, athletic frontline. That strategy with this roster is a massive mistake. They were better off exploiting their wing talent combined with dominating physical presence of big PF/C combination, instead of smaller, more athletic PF/C combinations. Looks like they want the kings to become the warriors of the past few years.
Small and ath-letic is fine. But besides tyreke none of them are particularly athletic. So not only did we get smokedon the perimeter, there was nobody to meet them at the rim either.

This game is showing we better get Dally back.. GS with around 40 points in the paint.
Hmmm...not what I saw at all, showing me how important TEAM defense is. Nobody even knows who they're guarding let along how to guard them.

All I can say is, get well soon Chuck, the Kings need you.

I need to go back and rewatch this thig to see how many points Jimmer has been directly responsible for in this one. He's got 10 of our 40. And the Warriors may have 20 of their 57 going over and through him. We could be talking 30pt half and MAJOR impact player here!
to be fair he has been guarding monta ellis and steph curry...

first half overreactions ...

Ball movement is garbage. We are LETTING them hedge out on the screens and double the ball handler anytime they want. We need to pass way it off way earlier. Everyone is trying to 'get theirs' right now ..sucks to watch.

Whiteside and Hickson don't even look like NBA players right now. Fumbling everything and always out of position.

I like Jimmers compete level on defense. He's getting scored on a ton, but I see an honest effort.

Our bigs in general are playing terrible. Obviously we don't have our starters, but still. Thompson and Hickson have real NBA track records and are just getting destroyed.

WE NEED DALEMBERT.

Bricklayer

Heard that and had the same reaction. Even have Keith Smart now? I really need to earn a billion dollars here to save this team. I might become the first owner in history to fire his coach in the preseason. Oh THAT'S how you want to play it? Don't let the door hit you.

gunks

Hall of Famer

Its never too early for the "Fire Westphal" thread revival!

Offensivelty jimmer has looked great. But hes the worst kind of slow and unathletic. The one that doesnt seem to try very hard. You can get by with it when you're athketic, but he's going to have to bust *** just to be average at defense. With the effort he's putting in you're looking at one of the worst defenders in th e league.

Tyreke has looked very good.

Jimmer has actually sucked
, but he can shoot the rock.
Mixed bag. Some really good solid defense plays one on one, and then moments where he completely leaves the man in the corner he's supposed to check. There is nothing I hate more than seeing your PG helping off his man in the paint!!!! WHY?!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
first half overreactions ...

Ball movement is garbage. We are LETTING them hedge out on the screens and double the ball handler anytime they want. We need to pass way it off way earlier. Everyone is trying to 'get theirs' right now ..sucks to watch.

Whiteside and Hickson don't even look like NBA players right now. Fumbling everything and always out of position.

I like Jimmers compete level on defense. He's getting scored on a ton, but I see an honest effort.

Our bigs in general are playing terrible. Obviously we don't have our starters, but still. Thompson and Hickson have real NBA track records and are just getting destroyed.

WE NEED DALEMBERT.

Word.