The Kings and Freeagency:

Reports from dally's camp are that he's considering a 3-4 year deal From houston for $9m per. That's something we should be all over.
That is more than reasonable! If we don't go with that then we are a bunch of fools! People, and this includes our front office, need to realise the price of these guys reflect their importance to the winning team! I would be extremely disappointed if our offer is not similar to that one! We just can't afford to lose Dally until we have his replacement! In time when Dally starts slowing down, Whiteside should be coming into his own

Entity

Hall of Famer
we subtracted darnell jackson and Sam Dalembert. We addes JJ Hickson and Chuck Hayes. You guys acting like your going to be oh so mad if we don't sign Dalembert should get your mad shoes on. The writing is on the wall if you can't see it then your eyes are closed.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Thabeet was apparently just amnestied.

Of course the thing is that we already have 5 bigs, with the 5th being a shotblocking project, and I have argued that we don't need to just have a shotblocker on the roster, we need to have one good/accomplished enough to start alongside Cousins. Hard to see Thabeet being more than a project player right now.

Last edited:
Getting Thabeet could easily mean the end to Whiteside's future in the Kings.
IMO, Cousins will definitely help Thabeet grow.
Cuz is a smart low post player that even if double teamed, he makes nice outlet passes.
This worked with Dalembert and has a chance to work is Thabeet.

Charlie Bell has also been amnestied by the Warriors. He could be a good vet PG on this team.

Getting Thabeet could easily mean the end to Whiteside's future in the Kings.
IMO, Cousins will definitely help Thabeet grow.
Cuz is a smart low post player that even if double teamed, he makes nice outlet passes.
This worked with Dalembert and has a chance to work is Thabeet.

Charlie Bell has also been amnestied by the Warriors. He could be a good vet PG on this team.
I would say NO to the idea of getting Thabeet. I think that Whiteside has much more potential will have a much better career than Thabeet. As for Charlie Bell, he wouldn't be a bad veteran guard to have on the bench (and probably wouldn't cost too much).

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Its so hard to assess players from a junkball system, but I am assuming if we did it would be purely for his 3pt shooting. Don't see how he'd ever get any minutes though.
Insurance. Deep rotations due to the compact schedule. If ever there's a year it's useful to be deep, this is it.

Insurance. Deep rotations due to the compact schedule. If ever there's a year it's useful to be deep, this is it.
This. Short season full of back to backs = injuries galore. We have absolutely no guard depth at the moment and if we don't go after some guys like him, we will likely end up with some scrubs from training camp that sign for the league minimum.

How do you know? Do you have a bug in every NBA GM's office?

If you watched the playoffs, you know the impact this guy can make.
Barea had some great games in the playoffs, but if i remember correctly, he also had some games where he was terrible. Every player has some off games, but i honestly don't see him being very valuable to non-contenders. I don't really think the wolves need him either, with Rubio and Ridenour, except maybe to be a mentor for Rubio or something.

Kahn actually has been pretty sane in his last few moves...scary. Wolves might be better than Kings
Definitely possible, but i don't think thats gonna happen. They have talent, but i don't really see Wesley Johnson, Beasley, and Derrick Williams having very good chemistry, seeing as how they are all small forwards. Now if they traded one of those guys for a center to play with Love and put Darko on the bench, then i think they would be much more competitive. So unless Brad Miller somehow gets younger, the wolves will probably still be garbage.

Reggie Williams - the guy can flat out ball... and versatile... and unselfish. One of the more underrated in the league. He can play three positions, even PG. In the event that someone is hurt, he can step right in and adequately fill the gap. He can give you 20 pts, 4 assists, 5 rebounds and does it in an unselfish, team-first, non-John Salmons way. On the flip side, he's slightly undersized (6'-4" in shoes, more of a combo guard) and he can't guard anyone. No chance in hell he signs with the Kings, he's going somewhere he can get 25+ mins and more than a few teams will be happy to give him that. And if the contract is reasonable, the W will match it. He's not coming. A nice thought though.

AK47 - I'm so relieved the Kings are chasing him (and I think we have a good chance at landing him too!), because it shows that the OF is realistic that John Salmons ain't going to cut it. Prediction: next summer, the Kings will be trying to unload Salmons, with or without AK47 on the team.

Wondering why the Kings aren't going after Joel Przybilla as that big body in the middle. Maybe they are. Snicker all you want about Joel; but he plays hard, rebounds, defends, block shots and is over 7-foot tall. More importantly, is reportedly healthy.

Btw, one thing worst than having one super whino on the team is having two super whinos on the team. I say no to Rudy Fernandez too.

Wondering why the Kings aren't going after Joel Przybilla as that big body in the middle. Maybe they are. Snicker all you want about Joel; but he plays hard, rebounds, defends, block shots and is over 7-foot tall. More importantly, is reportedly healthy.
I like what Przybilla can do, but the big question with him is his health. I can't remember the last time he was healthy.

Reggie Williams - the guy can flat out ball... and versatile... and unselfish. One of the more underrated in the league. He can play three positions, even PG. In the event that someone is hurt, he can step right in and adequately fill the gap. He can give you 20 pts, 4 assists, 5 rebounds and does it in an unselfish, team-first, non-John Salmons way. On the flip side, he's slightly undersized (6'-4" in shoes, more of a combo guard) and he can't guard anyone. No chance in hell he signs with the Kings, he's going somewhere he can get 25+ mins and more than a few teams will be happy to give him that. And if the contract is reasonable, the W will match it. He's not coming. A nice thought though.

AK47 - I'm so relieved the Kings are chasing him (and I think we have a good chance at landing him too!), because it shows that the OF is realistic that John Salmons ain't going to cut it. Prediction: next summer, the Kings will be trying to unload Salmons, with or without AK47 on the team.

Btw, one thing worst than having one super whino on the team is having two super whinos on the team. I say no to Rudy Fernandez too.
What makes you think that?!

The offer would have to be in excess of $10 million per season for AK47 to think that its worth it. He signed on with CSKA for 3 years and truck loads of money. In Europe the contact value is after tax and his deal is reportedly worth 12-15 million euros over 3 years (after tax) not to mention the endorsements and other perks he gets along with it. He plays on a team that is stacked with talent for Europe and have only lost of the first time this season over the weekend. They are the red hot favorites in every competition they are in.

It would have to be one heck of an offer for Kirilenko to consider it. He is VERY comfortable in Moscow.

I like what Przybilla can do, but the big question with him is his health. I can't remember the last time he was healthy.

“Honestly, this is the most happy I’ve been in a long time. I just had my first Halloween with my kids,’’ Przybilla said. “But there’s a side of me that doesn’t want to look back and regret that I didn’t play for one or two more years. Because I wake up now and my back doesn’t hurt, my knees don’t hurt, and I haven’t had that in a long time.’’

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2011/11/former_trail_blazers_center_jo.html
I realize it's a first-hand account and maybe pure BS from a free agent seeking a contract.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
He seems to be leaning towards retirement, saying he's really enjoying being a father. My guess is that he'll walk away from the game - he's made his money and is set to have a heck of a retirement.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Barea had some great games in the playoffs, but if i remember correctly, he also had some games where he was terrible. Every player has some off games, but i honestly don't see him being very valuable to non-contenders. I don't really think the wolves need him either, with Rubio and Ridenour, except maybe to be a mentor for Rubio or something.
I don't recall any games where he was terrible. There were a few games where he wasn't as effective as others, but he wasn't terrible. I like Barea. He's a very good basketball player who only has one negative. He's short! Thats it! For his size he a pretty good defender, the word pesky springs to mind. But he's outstanding at penetrating and breaking down the other teams defense, expecially in man coverage. The games in the playoffs where he wasn't as effective were games the opposing team went to a zone defense. But in general, he's very effective. He's a good spot up shooter, and a good passer as well as having a variety of shots around the basket.

Having said all that, I'm glad he signed with Minny. Not because of what I think of him, but because selfishly, I don't want Jimmer's minutes screwed with, and they would be with Barea on the team. If the Kings aquire another PG, then I want it to be someone that will play behind Jimmer, and not comptete for his floor time.

I know a lot of you haven't really seen Jimmer play very much, if at all. I think you'll be surprised. At BYU, he had little or no space from the moment he touched the ball. He was double teamed every game, and sometimes triple teamed. I think he'll find the spacing in the NBA to his liking, and some of his game will actually be easier for him than it was in college. In all the games I watched last season, I can only remember a few times when Fredette didn't have a hand or two in his face while shooting. I can count on one hand the amount of times he had a wide open spot up three, and a couple of those were from just across the halfcourt line when no one had picked him up yet.

So from my prospective, I didn't want a Barea here interfering with his development.

Of course the thing is that we already have 5 bigs, with the 5th being a shotblocking project, and I have argued that we don't need to just have a shotblocker on the roster, we need to have one good/accomplished enough to start alongside Cousins. Hard to see Thabeet being more than a project player right now.
No no no no no no no NO!

I have been against this guy ever since he's been in college. He sucks, and I have had arguments with many of you people because you failed to see how crappy he was..

I still say no. This guy is, and always will be, a bust.