[Game] Nuggets @ Kings 01/06/11 Game Thread

That's not a valid argument. There's a big difference between being on pace to break the franchise record for least wins in a season and aspiring to 43 wins. We do not expect to be a playoff team, but we do have more talent than our record suggests and that's on the coach. You can also say that Phil Jackson won't win a championship with the Clippers, but that doesn't mean he won't do a better job than Vinny Del Negro.
But all he said was that Red, Phil, and Pat couldn't make this team a winner. And that's correct. Why? Because they don't have the talent and maturity, not because of deficient coaching.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
That's part of who Cousins is. It's not going to change so might as well get used to it.
He's 19, you can certainly hope it will change.

And it needs to -- he almsot singlehandedly dismantled our moemntum there in that quarter. Anybody else catch Tyreke's expression after he started melting?

He's 19, you can certainly hope it will change.

And it needs to -- he almsot singlehandedly dismantled our moemntum there in that quarter. Anybody else catch Tyreke's expression after he started melting?
He's 20. He may learn to manage it better as he gets older but he's always going to have a Rasheed Wallace like disposition. That's just who he is.

None of those teams are less talented than The Kings. Phoenix, Detroit, and Charlotte all have more talent. The Kings may have more "potential" but at the moment, they're not more talented.
Man, if you think Detroit and Charlotte have more talent than the Kings do, then I don't think we'll ever agree on anything. What is it about having Greg Monroe, Charlie Villanueva, Ben Gordon and Tayshaun Prince as your core that is more inspiring than what the Kings have?

I stated those teams because I think with all things considered, if the Kings were playing any of those teams and both were playing at their best, very few of them (outside of Brook Lopez and maybe Andray Blatche) would be able to stop our best weapons. I think right now they're more talented than those teams. Not talking about potential. Rough edges and all, we're more talented right now. Until recently, we simply didn't play up to (or near) it.

But all he said was that Red, Phil, and Pat couldn't make this team a winner. And that's correct. Why? Because they don't have the talent and maturity, not because of deficient coaching.
That doesn't prove anything. According to that theory no team not named the Celtics, Lakers, Heat, or Magic should ever fire a coach, because no coach can get them to win a championship...

Just because a team doesn't have enough talent to get to the playoffs, doesn't mean their coaching staff is not to blame when they are 7-25.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Don't forget. Washington is one of, is not the least talented team in the league. They really have nothing good going for them besides John Wall and McGee, that's about it really. The rest of the team is a bunch of overpaid vets or a out of shape PF that doesn't want to play to his potential 6 years into the league.

That doesn't prove anything. According to that theory no team not named the Celtics, Lakers, Heat, or Magic should ever fire a coach, because no coach can get them to win a championship...

Just because a team doesn't have enough talent to get to the playoffs, doesn't mean their coaching staff is not to blame when they are 7-25.
It proves that making the coach a scapegoat doesn't work. How many coaches has this team gone through? And look at the raiders. How many coaches can you run through before you realize the problem's don't start and stop there?

Man, if you think Detroit and Charlotte have more talent than the Kings do, then I don't think we'll ever agree on anything. What is it about having Greg Monroe, Charlie Villanueva, Ben Gordon and Tayshaun Prince as your core that is more inspiring than what the Kings have?

I stated those teams because I think with all things considered, if the Kings were playing any of those teams and both were playing at their best, very few of them (outside of Brook Lopez and maybe Andray Blatche) would be able to stop our best weapons. I think right now they're more talented than those teams. Not talking about potential. Rough edges and all, we're more talented right now. Until recently, we simply didn't play up to (or near) it.
Pistons have Hamilton, McGrady, Wallace, Stuckey, and Prince. Bobcats have Wallace, Jackson, Diaw, and Tyrus Thomas. I wouldn't trade places with them because The Kings are set up better for the future, but as of right now, I honestly think they're just as talented or a little more than The Kings because The Kings have a steep drop off after Evans and Cousins.

Pistons have Hamilton, McGrady, Wallace, Stuckey, and Prince. Bobcats have Wallace, Jackson, Diaw, and Tyrus Thomas. I wouldn't trade places with them because The Kings are set up better for the future, but as of right now, I honestly think they're just as talented or a little more than The Kings because The Kings have a steep drop off after Evans and Cousins.
OK, you just used 2010-2011 Tracy McGrady, Ben Wallace and Rip Hamilton as proof that their team is more talented than the Kings. I think we're done with this conversation. Like I said, don't think we'll ever agree, so why let this snowball? Back to the great game we've got going in front of us.