[Game] Nuggets @ Kings 01/06/11 Game Thread

It was cool of Garcia to go over to Carmelo and show great sportsmanship. Garcia FTW! Hopefully I get to meet these guys when they come down to Atlanta.

Last edited:
Tyreke's a helluva warrior. Gimpy left foot all night and for weeks - really all season. Still, he goes to war and leads to best of his ability this young team, finally limping off court tonight bit (or a lot depending on how you see it) after his player of the game interview with David Aldridge. REKE RULES!!

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Wow, I thought that 3 was late since they didn't add it to TNT's scoreboard....
Same here. Honestly, I thought that the buzzer had gone off before the shot and it was just Darnell jacking one up before getting into the locker room. Of course, I wasn't paying attention at that moment.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Melo has looked sad all season, moreso now that his sister died.
What I'm saying though is that earlier in the game he just kept smiling and smiling, chuckling about Omri playing defense on him. Then towards the end there, he just sat there and had a KG type of look, staring out into space.

I doubt Barkley has seen any Kings games or who is even on the team. He just sees the record and that his boy Westphal is struggling as a coach and automatically assumes the team has no talent. And he should be the last one talking about banners because we all know how many banners he won for his teams.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Exactly why it doesn't disappoint me that Jackson tossed it up there. If you're going to play with an ego--like it's too easy--be ready to be embarrassed every so often.
Yeah but the game was still close or in reach for Denver so it's not like it was a big deal. Melo did the same thing when the Kings were in Denver and so did JR Smith, but when your up 20 points or more just run the clock out, it's not like you have to smack their entire team in the face when just one guy acts childish.

Lawd...I hate TNT games with no local broadcast. Listening to these analyst offer their opinion of the Kings is just.....:rolleyes:
??? c-webb and reggie had mostly good things to say about the kings. how can you prefer a local broadcast over the game on tnt? unless you are talking about the postgame show...but comcast doesnt have a postgame show to compare it to

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
PS; I feel bad for the guy that had to work with Kenny and Charles tonight. He's actually a non bias, give credit where its due type of analyst. These two guys are just making joke after joke after joke, mostly Barkley, but still. It's extremely painful to watch those two guys blab on about this and that. I used to like Barkley to an extent, but it seems he still is the same prick and just goes with the good and hops on and off bandwagons.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
PS; I feel bad for the guy that had to work with Kenny and Charles tonight. He's actually a non bias, give credit where its due type of analyst. These two guys are just making joke after joke after joke, mostly Barkley, but still. It's extremely painful to watch those two guys blab on about this and that. I used to like Barkley to an extent, but it seems he still is the same prick and just goes with the good and hops on and off bandwagons.
KEnny I can tolerate (Mostly because of his time in Sac). Barkley though, makes me want to do criminal things.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Barkley just hates The Kings. He hated them even when they won 61 games so no one should really be surprised that he doesn't give them any credit tonight.
Well I can understand saying the Nuggets played awful and they lost two games in a row to the worst teams in the league, respectively, but to acknowledge that they don't even have talent and didn't want to mention one word about Tyreke or Cuz when last year he was pretty high on Tyreke and this year he just randomly doesn't even want to mention him. I mean I know he hasn't been the same Reke, we all know that, but give some credit and stop acting like a child when they expect you to say something, it's your job to comment not give your opinion.

??? c-webb and reggie had mostly good things to say about the kings. how can you prefer a local broadcast over the game on tnt? unless you are talking about the postgame show...but comcast doesnt have a postgame show to compare it to
Its not about good things or bad things said about the team, its about inaccurate things said about the team. And really its just the national prespective as a whole who know little to nothing about the Kings.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Its not about good things or bad things said about the team, its about inaccurate things said about the team. And really its just the national prespective as a whole who know little to nothing about the Kings.
I thought Webb and Reggie actually knew all of their stuff tonight.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Man, if you think Detroit and Charlotte have more talent than the Kings do, then I don't think we'll ever agree on anything. What is it about having Greg Monroe, Charlie Villanueva, Ben Gordon and Tayshaun Prince as your core that is more inspiring than what the Kings have?

I stated those teams because I think with all things considered, if the Kings were playing any of those teams and both were playing at their best, very few of them (outside of Brook Lopez and maybe Andray Blatche) would be able to stop our best weapons. I think right now they're more talented than those teams. Not talking about potential. Rough edges and all, we're more talented right now. Until recently, we simply didn't play up to (or near) it.
Pistons have Hamilton, McGrady, Wallace, Stuckey, and Prince. Bobcats have Wallace, Jackson, Diaw, and Tyrus Thomas. I wouldn't trade places with them because The Kings are set up better for the future, but as of right now, I honestly think they're just as talented or a little more than The Kings because The Kings have a steep drop off after Evans and Cousins.
You're crazy, that's all there is to it. The Bobcats are my second-favorite team; I've seen every single game they've played over the past four years, that wasn't in direct scheduling conflict with a Kings game. Anybody who thinks that the Bobcats have more talent than the Kings is either lying, or is just looking at the standings, and has never seen the Bobcats play. Not only does Charlotte not have more talent than Sacramento, they don't have three guys that would start on our team. Hell, they only have four guys (Wallace, Jackson, Augustin, Thomas) that could play on our team... and hell no, Diaw couldn't play on this team, not unless you were replacing him with Jackson in the 11th-man spot; he's not better than any of our rotation (such as it is) players, and neither is anyone else on that team. I'm not even convinced that their two best players are better than our two best players, and Gerald Wallace is my favorite player in the entire league.

If you don't think so, let Petrie offer Landry for Diaw, or Dalembert for Mohammed, and see how ****ing fast Charlotte would jump on that deal; they'd probably throw in a draft pick.