TEAM USA schedule and NBA TV

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Team USA and our Tyreke start practice Monday in Cox Pavilion in sessions closed to the public, NBA TV will broadcast a practice session on Tuesday and an Intersquad Game at 7 pm Saturday July 24. Full schedule for Team USA can be found at:

http://www.usabasketball.com/mens/national/

They then get a week off before going to New York City for a "friendly game" with the French National team at MSG on August 15.

Last edited:

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
oh i didn't realize Omri was playing with the national team. Thats not good.
I have no problem with it. You really expect Omri to sit out the World Championships? You do realize the World Championships mean if not as much, than more than the Olympics to European countries right?

Well it's the qualifyers right now.. and I doubt we will actually advance to the world championships :D

A solid 6-8 place in the Europian championship is more then fine by me :D

Entity

Hall of Famer
Yeah I understand why he is doing it. I just hurts him on the kings. want reasons? good when he is on the national team he is the star and does alot of the scoring that hurts him because it doesn't help him adapt to his role in Sacramento. Also he hit the wall last year harder than any I have ever seen. Rest for him is a plus.

well Casspi wont be playing at the World Championships... Israel Participates in the EuroBasket Qualifires which leads to the Eurobasket 2011 Next summer - Which will be the Tournament that gives that pass to the Olympic games.
so its still not the MonduBasket (the world championships) but its still and important competition Omri cant miss, cause he missed the last Eurobasket.

Ugh ... even less reason for Tyreke to be with team USA now that none of the superstars are going to be there. There goes the whole Tyreke would do well to learn from Kobe's work ethic argument

I just hope he ain't gonna make a pact there with anyone ala Lebron... and if he does, then it should be in the kings :D (NY already got the 2nd pact with melo stat and CP3 :D)

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Tyreke shows up at USA training camp with 2 huge diamond earrings. I don't know if that is a way to make a good impression.
I'm sure that will be the deciding factor as to whether or not he makes the team. Should D Rose cover his tattoos also? And what the hell were D Wade and Kobe doing on the 08 team with their earings?

Mod note: No politics.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also have no problem with Omri and tyreke playing with national teams this summer.

In a perfect world, you want these guy working on there flaws all summer. You want Evans taking a million jumpers a day and Omri working on everthing.

But when you give these young 20 year olds millions of dollars .. who knows how they would spend there summers if they had no basketball to play. At least now we can guarentee they ARE working. The ARE playing basketball. Thats enough for me.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Well personally I am hoping for some blatant disrepect here so he can get back to training.

do find it amusing how the whole "USA Basketball" program has just fallen right back to the same old patttern. We used to dominate play with our college kids, but the world got better so our top guys got mad and we put together The Dream Team to restore order. Then we lost interest again and just sent out various groups of stars, but not the big superstars, and not with a mission, and sometimes we did well, sometimes we got embarrassed. So finally a new group of young stars gets together to plot how to team up in Mi....er....I mean, go win again (and always the Olympics for us because unlike the rest of the world we don't consider the Worlds worth worrying about). The Redeem Team pulls it off. And what do you know? All of a sudden we lose interest again, all those stars clear out, and its back to a pack of younger lesser lights to win. Or not. We really won't care until we get beat 3 or 4 more times. Then we will probably put together another super team etc.

Last edited:
I think working with guys like Billups and Kidd can help Evans with his game, but I also fear an injury and fatigue. If he does make the team, he will probably be forced into playing a lot of 2 and 3, which can be helpful in him learning more off the ball movement, along with just giving him more experience against those type of players.

Well personally I am hoping for some blatant disrepect here so he can get back to training.

do find it amusing how the whole "USA Basketball" program has just fallen right back to the same old patttern. We used to dominate play with our college kids, but the world got better so our top guys got mad and we put together The Dream Team to restore order. Then we lost interest again and just sent out various groups of stars, but not the big superstars, and not with a mission, and sometimes we did well, sometimes we got embarrassed. So finally a new group of young stars gets together to plot how to team up in Mi....er....I mean, go win again (and always the Olympics for us because unlike the rest of the world we don't consider the Worlds worth worrying about). The Redeem Team pulls it off. And what do you know? All of a sudden we lose interest again, all those stars clear out, and its back to a pack of younger lesser lights to win. Or not. We really won't care until we get beat 3 or 4 more times. Then we will probably put together another super team etc.
Well ... They could just make the Olympics and Worlds the Miami Heat's preseason or something ....