June 6th: Greg Monroe

June 7th:
Jordan Crawford, 6-4, 195, Xavier
Dominique Jones, 6-4, 205, South Florida
Ben Uzoh, 6-3, 200, Tulsa
Sherron Collins, 5-11, 190, Kansas
Armon Johnson, 6-3, 195, Nevada-Reno
Ryan Wittman, 6-7, 215, Cornell

June 8th: Group workout with Udoh, Whiteside, Aldrich, Richards, Patterson, Orton

June 12th: Derrick Favors, Demarcus Cousins

Friday, June 18

Tiny Gallon, 6-foot-8, Oklahoma.
Stanley Robinson, 6-foot-9, Connecticut.
Nic Wise, 5-foot-10, Arizona.
Tweety Carter, 5-foot-11, Baylor.
Omar Samhan, 6-foot-11, St. Mary’s.
Ike Okoye, 6-foot-9, Boise State.

June 19th Morning:
Hamady N’Diaye, 6-foot-11, Rutgers.
Landry Fields, 6-foot-7, Stanford.
Stephen Dennis, 6-foot-6, Kutztown University.
Sylven Landesberg, 6-foot-6, Virginia.
Dominique Johnson, 6-foot-3, Azusa Pacific.
Jerome Dyson, 6-foot-3, Connecticut.

June 19 Saturday afternoon

Ekpe Udoh, 6-foot-10, Baylor.
Hassan Whiteside, 7-foot-0, Marshall.
Greg Monroe, 6-foot-11, Georgetown.
Brian Zoubek, 7-foot-1, Duke.
Donald Sloan, 6-foot-3, Texas A&M.
Jeremy Wise, 6-foot-1, Bakersfield Jam.

June 22nd:
Luke Harangody, 6-8, 250, Notre Dame
Jon Scheyer, 6-5, 180, Duke
Ben Uzoh, 6-3, 200, Tulsa
Mike Gerrity, 6-1, 180, USC
Michael Washington, 6-9, 239, Arkansas
Dominique Johnson, 6-3, 190, Azusa

Last edited:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Any News on what player workouts the Kings have planned? Seems like things have been very quiet from the Kings front. I can start a compilation if you guys have any news.
The only thing that I heard reported is that the Kings would start their workouts at the beginning of June. As to the exact dates or who, I have no idea. I'm sure something will be released from the Kings in a few days.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
That's interesting. Hayward is a decent player, but I just don't understand how he can be in the mix at #5 at all. He's unlikely to fall down to #33, so I'd guess this is all about contingency planning if we trade down/acquire another pick.

doubt Petrie is looking at him at #5. Petrie may be looking at him later in the draft, perhaps in case we trade down or obtain more picks.

This is very good news, because it basically means that Geoff is definitely considering moving down. I honestly think that moving down might be the smartest play overall, depending on what we get for dropping down. I'd love Geoff to work out a deal with Memphis.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Hayward could be a very good player but he's another SF.

Oh and I was hoping his shot during the NCAA title game would go in.
I like Hayward quite a bit. He's a shot maker, not afraid to take the big shot and take the game into his hands. Pretty darned good at getting space for his shot, high BB. Also, I haven't heard one negative thing about the guy. No red flags. I think he's going to be a good player in the NBA.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I like Hayward quite a bit. He's a shot maker, not afraid to take the big shot and take the game into his hands. Pretty darned good at getting space for his shot, high BB. Also, I haven't heard one negative thing about the guy. No red flags. I think he's going to be a good player in the NBA.
Very good basketball player. Sort of a baby faced asassin. The only glich in his game is that his 3pt shooting fell from 45% his freshman year to close to 30% last season. No explaination for the drop off. He did well in the shooting drills at the combine for whats that worth. Good rebounder, ball handler and passer. Been called a poor mans Larry Bird. I think I like Babbitt better, but wouldn't be upset with Hayword..

Jason Jones blogging today:

Greg Monroe individual workout on the 6th

Group workout on the 8th with Ekpe Udoh, Hasan Whiteside, Cole Aldrich, Ryan Richards, Patrick Patterson, and Daniel Orton.

Might want to add to the top post to maintain a running list.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Jason Jones blogging today:

Greg Monroe individual workout on the 6th

Group workout on the 8th with Ekpe Udoh, Hasan Whiteside, Cole Aldrich, Ryan Richards, Patrick Patterson, and Daniel Orton.

Might want to add to the top post to maintain a running list.
Well, I'd sure like for us to see Monroe work out against somebody...

The group workout on the 8th is a really high-powered one. Might be five lottery guys there.

Oh dear GOD... Greg Monroe with a private workout? Please, NO NO NO!

Where is Aminu and Johnson? Where is Cousins?

I am glad that Jordan Crawford is coming in, I wouldn't mind him at 33 overall. I'd love to see Gani Lawal come in sometime as well, as a possible 33 overall selection.

That's interesting. Hayward is a decent player, but I just don't understand how he can be in the mix at #5 at all. He's unlikely to fall down to #33, so I'd guess this is all about contingency planning if we trade down/acquire another pick.
Or it means Petrie is going to pick Hayward at 5, everyone will boo and call for Petrie's head, then Hayward be the MVP runner up and everyone will pretend they loved him from day 1.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Very good basketball player. Sort of a baby faced asassin. The only glich in his game is that his 3pt shooting fell from 45% his freshman year to close to 30% last season. No explaination for the drop off. He did well in the shooting drills at the combine for whats that worth. Good rebounder, ball handler and passer. Been called a poor mans Larry Bird. I think I like Babbitt better, but wouldn't be upset with Hayword..
See, this is the kind of guy, that if you're an aggressive GM, you target this guy as a guy you want. You make a deal, you get the extra pick, and you get 'er done. Sigh....

I know it goes against the conventional wisdom, but with the game on the line, who do you want taking the shot - Hayward or Johnson? Me, I take Hayward. Who do you want taking the key free throw in the 7th game of the Championship series? Me, I take Hayward. I guess I'm contradicting myself because I do like those uber athletes, but if you ask me who I want in that
7th game - Hayward or Johnson, I'll take Hayward every time. The guy has winner written all over him.

Last edited:

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
See, this is the kind of guy, that if you're an aggressive GM, you target this guy as a guy you want. You make a deal, you get the extra pick, and you get 'er done. Sigh....

I know it goes against the conventional wisdom, but with the game on the line, who do you want taking the shot - Hayward or Johnson? Me, I take Hayward. Who do you want taking the key free throw in the 7th game of the Championship series? Me, I take Hayward. I guess I'm contradicting myself because I do like those uber athletes, but if you ask me who I want in that
7th game - Hayward or Johnson, I'll take Hayward every time. The guy has winner written all over him.
Hayward certainly has that quality about him. He's not the greatest athlete on the floor, hell, he's not the greatest athlete on the team, but he knows how to get the job done. He'll be a good fit in the right system, but I'd be crazy to call him a top 10 pick at this time. I reserve the right to edit this statement with 20/20 hindsight, and request mod powers to do so should the time come.

I'd take Johnson for the 7th game and more importantly I'd take him for the 110 some-odd games it takes to get there. I can foresee a scenario where Johnson is about the 3rd best player on a championship contender. Its tough for me to see Hayward as anything but a 7th or 8th guy. I wouldn't trade Donte Greene or Casspi for him either.

Nice player, but I think he's seriously overrated if he's in the top half of the first round.

Doesn't sound like anyone impressed Jason Jones in yesterday's workout. Either that or did Jason didn't have access to the workout.

Just curious.

I got a little bit confused by your pronouncement. Correct me if I am wrong, but my impression is - if you were to pick you want Hayward more than Johnson to wear the Kings uniform this coming season. And I find it a little bit absurd that you are saying Hayward has winner written all over him, as if you consider him the better player than the top 5 ( or 6 ) pick Wesley Johnson.

Without regard to what place in the draft we are picking or if we are to draft one of the two only, who between Wesley Johnson and Gordon Hayward do you want to see wearing the Kings uniform next season and why?

Wesley Johnson - FG% (50.2), 3P% ( 29.4), FT% ( 82.9 )
Gordon Hayward - FG% (46.4), 3P% ( 41.5 ), FT% ( 77.2 )

I consider you as one of those knowledgeable people in this board when it comes to basketball. Maybe you can share your reason why you are so high on this Hayward kid to the point of seemingly ignoring the fact Wesley Johnson is the top 5-6 concensus pick.

Just looking at the 3P%s, I think you have switched labels on your players. Hayward was the guy who shot 29% this year.
Ooops.

You are right. I got some numbers switched. Thanks.

Corrected numbers:

Wesley Johnson - FG% (50.2), 3P% ( 41.5), FT% ( 77.2 )
Gordon Hayward - FG% (46.4), 3P% ( 29.4 ), FT% ( 82.9 )

Oh dear lord. Monroe doesnt have to workout against anybody?? Yikes! How can you bring in that group on the 8th and not make Monroe go toe to toe with any of them?