Draft Combine Measurements !!!!

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Things are still filtering in...No Udoh yet, but looks like a dozen more added in the past few minutes...

Kingster

Hall of Famer
So Alabi's height is greater without shoes than with them? So if we draft him, can he play without the shoes? Any rules against it......? :p

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Yeah, I think that's about the average for males in the US. I could be wrong though.
Actually having been a part of a health club that did body fat measurements on all members, I would say that 16% is average for all men that are in decent to good shape. The average at the club was aroung 23 % for men and 29 % for women. Mine by the way, at that time was 9%.. Probably a little higher now.

Cousins will be fine. He admits that he never lifted weights before. I would imagine that by the time NBA camps start he'll have his body fat down to the 12/13 % range. Shouldn't be that hard for a young guy like him.

Sorry to hear about Dexter Pittmans brothers death last night. Which is the reason he wasn't there today for those that don't know. He was shot to death in the familys garage after being in a heated dispute with someone. Apparently its a pretty crushing blow to Pittman. Word is that he's really worked his butt off to get ready for the combine. My sympathies go out to him and his family.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
In terms of bodyfat%, anywhere from 9%-12% is where your abs start to show, if that visual helps. Most guards in the nba are between 6%-9%. Bigs have a little more. Ideally, I would think Cousins should get down to 12%. That would be in the same neighborhood as Duncan. I spent 6 years as a strength and conditioning coach if anyone is wondering where I got those numbers from.

Aside from that, Cousins has reportedly lost weight since the season, and is working out hard doing boxing/curcuit training/plyometrics. Not the same workout as weights. More for weight loss, explosiveness, quickness, balance, stabilty, core strength, and footwork. Apparently he looks much more toned now than he did during the season.

Wesley Johnson 6'7.25" w/shoes. So he would be 6'8" in NBA height. Legit size for a SF.
Most listed NBA heights are pretty acurate actually. And either way with the combine database you can actually look back the last ten years and really compare.

Not saying that as a negative for Johnson, he's around the median for height, but more importantly he's got a 7'1" wingspan. Which is outstanding.

One guy that stood out is Paul George. 6'8.75" 218 SG/SF. I think with that measurement plus the year he had he just jumped into the lottery.

Actually having been a part of a health club that did body fat measurements on all members, I would say that 16% is average for all men that are in decent to good shape. The average at the club was aroung 23 % for men and 29 % for women. Mine by the way, at that time was 9%.. Probably a little higher now.

Cousins will be fine. He admits that he never lifted weights before. I would imagine that by the time NBA camps start he'll have his body fat down to the 12/13 % range. Shouldn't be that hard for a young guy like him.

Sorry to hear about Dexter Pittmans brothers death last night. Which is the reason he wasn't there today for those that don't know. He was shot to death in the familys garage after being in a heated dispute with someone. Apparently its a pretty crushing blow to Pittman. Word is that he's really worked his butt off to get ready for the combine. My sympathies go out to him and his family.
Wow, I didn't know that. That sucks.

As far as Cousins goes, a high body fat% can be seen as a positive or negative. Depends on your perspective. It could be a negative because it might point at a lack of work ethic, but it could also be a positive and shows that he has the potential to improve on his athleticism with improved body fat %.

One thing I do know is that if he stays where he is, it's going to be bad for his game.

That sucks. I take it the measurements were taken yesterday then?

Most listed NBA heights are pretty acurate actually. And either way with the combine database you can actually look back the last ten years and really compare.

Not saying that as a negative for Johnson, he's around the median for height, but more importantly he's got a 7'1" wingspan. Which is outstanding.

One guy that stood out is Paul George. 6'8.75" 218 SG/SF. I think with that measurement plus the year he had he just jumped into the lottery.

NBA profile heights are usually the w/shoes height and rounded up. Thats why Tyreke is listed at 6'6" when he is 6'5.25" w/shoes.

Last edited:

George is going to really rise up IMO, he's just got so many things going for him. If he improves his ball handling/off the dribble game, he's going to be an awesome player.