2009-10 Kings draft position thread

I guess I'm just amazed that this is being tracked so heavily. I can't remember being excited about Linning.
Not been watching the personnel forum much? Three of the ten threads to top 20,000 views here have been my annual draft position threads.
last year's: http://forums.kingsfans.com/showthread.php?t=29699
The year before: http://forums.kingsfans.com/showthread.php?t=17708

And why not get excited about linning, when we've been doing it so well? Lemonade, and all that? It beats coming up with new designs for bags to wear on our heads. :p

why is there no talk of Greg Monroe?

The guy is a 6'10 250 lb PF/C who reminds me a lot of Vlade Divac w/ his passing ability, IQ and craftiness..

he has all the talent, but he's too passive..which is a huge concern..he doesn't insert himself in the game to be anything more than a "super role player", but his ability/skill set is extremely rare for someone his size.

Think of a late career Vlade Divac imo...

The guy is a 6'10 250 lb PF/C who reminds me a lot of Vlade Divac w/ his passing ability, IQ and craftiness..

he has all the talent, but he's too passive..which is a huge concern..he doesn't insert himself in the game to be anything more than a "super role player", but his ability/skill set is extremely rare for someone his size.

I have said I think Petire picks Monroe. I like the kid.

Not many talk about drafting him because he has a softy reputation. Lack of interior defense has plagued the Kings for a decade and most fans would like to see the team make an effort to improve it. Greg Monroe doesnt look like a defensive force.

There was talk about him earlier in the year when we were playing better in the first 1/2 of the season and it looked like we could pick in the 9-11 range. Monroe would be a legit candidate then. However, right now we are looking at 3-7. Maybe Monroe would be a possibility at 7, but his stock seems to have slipped enough that unless he had some amazing workout, we just seem to be drafting in the range of a higher caliber of prospects.

Monroe has stated he's staying another year in college. I actually think he might be the best bigman in the draft. I see him as a young Pau Gasol,

Monroe has stated he's staying another year in college. I actually think he might be the best bigman in the draft. I see him as a young Pau Gasol,
All lotto picks say they are staying another year just to please fans, then come out and get paid. With the lockout season next year I believe all lotto picks will come out.

Two great match-ups tonight, as far as the ping pong balls are concerned.

Warriors at Wizards: Somethings gotta give. Both teams come in red hot, the Warriors with a two game streak and the Wizards with a win of their own. Both teams sit at 23 wins just barely "ahead" of us in the standings. Warriors need just 1 win to make Nellie all time winningest coach, I'm thinking the Warriors might pull this one out something along the lines of 162-159.

Pistons at Sixers: I'm afraid the Pistons are done. There may be no way of "catching" these guys in the standings. They're getting the job done having lost 11 in a row. Sadly, the Sixers most likely win this game.

Two great match-ups tonight, as far as the ping pong balls are concerned.

Pistons at Sixers: I'm afraid the Pistons are done. There may be no way of "catching" these guys in the standings. They're getting the job done having lost 11 in a row. Sadly, the Sixers most likely win this game.
That's actually still cool. It'll give us a little breathing room from dropping if Philly wins... just in case we get a wild hair and end up with another win or two...

I think we've all mentally prepared for 6th... moving up would be cool (maybe a tie breaker)... but moving down would suck.

Warriors at Wizards: Somethings gotta give. Both teams come in red hot, the Warriors with a two game streak and the Wizards with a win of their own. Both teams sit at 23 wins just barely "ahead" of us in the standings. Warriors need just 1 win to make Nellie all time winningest coach, I'm thinking the Warriors might pull this one out something along the lines of 162-159.
Then again, GSW are playing Minny tomorrow. Since nobody but the Nets or Kings can lose to Minny, they could slack off tonight and save their Nellie-pleasing win for tomorrow.

I'm not sure what to hope for, I wish I knew whether we were going to end with 24 or 25! :(

Code:
[FONT=Courier New]9. L.A. Clippers    27-50     L 5
8. New York         27-49     W 1
7. Philadelphia     26-50     L 3
6. Sacramento       24-53     L 7
5. Washington       23-53     W 1
4. Golden State     23-53     W 2
3. Detroit          23-53     L 11
2. Minnesota        15-62     L 2
1. New Jersey       11-66     L 1
[/FONT]
(standings from nba.com)

Can Kings beat these Lakers?

MBenga
Morrison
Powell
Farmar
Vujacic
Walton

If so, they will finish the season 26-56 with the 6th picks. Lakers will not show up for final game, play only these guys, and it will cost the Kings.

The Wizards won, and so did the Pistons.

SO glad the Wizards won, I think GS has the better opportunity to win then the Wizards from here on out.

And with the pistons winning just was icing on the cake.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
The Wizards won, and so did the Pistons.

SO glad the Wizards won, I think GS has the better opportunity to win then the Wizards from here on out.

And with the pistons winning just was icing on the cake.
I agree. GS will try to get Nelson at least 1 more victory so he becomes the alltime leader. We're now tied with Detroit and Washington. Things are looking good.

I still think that we'll win 2 out of the last 4 games. The Clippers are in full tank mode again, and then it's Dallas (loss), fan night with Houston (could be a win), and the Lakers in LA (uh oh).

I don't know where all the pessimism related to the Lakers game is coming from.

Last year, we played them in the last week of the season, totally meaningless game, and they trounced us, with their starters in for the first 3 quarters. They played their starters right through the last game of the season.

The year before, they played us for the last game of the season. Used their starters, won.

In their most recent game, which was meaningless, they played their starters for full minutes even though they were getting whipped by the Spurs, and could have just let it go.

I really doubt that they're going to throw away a game to us in Staples. It's not their pattern. Jack Nicholson would be beating the snot out of Phil Jackson, but nobody would be able to hear the fight over the booing, y'know?

I just can't see it going that way. Clippers? Sure. Lakers, no.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Of 1000 lottery combinations, the Kings have guaranteed at least 22 (tie 8th-9th), and at most 156 (3rd).

Games to watch tomorrow:
NEW YORK @ Indiana (NY clinches better record than Kings with victory)
WASHINGTON @ Orlando (WAS is tied with Kings in win column)
Atlanta @ DETROIT (DET is tied with Kings in win column)
PHILADELPHIA @ Miami (PHI is 2 wins ahead of Kings)
GOLDEN STATE @ Minnesota (GS is one win behind Kings)
Portland @ LA CLIPPERS (LAC clinches tie with Kings with victory)

All the teams we are jockeying with are in action tomorrow.

S

sactownfan

wow i think with Hawes down we have a real shot at the 3rd pick spot...

its possible we could lose to the clippers... if Kamen is playing, he could single handedly destroy us... he has in the past...

wow i think with Hawes down we have a real shot at the 3rd pick spot...

its possible we could lose to the clippers... if Kamen is playing, he could single handedly destroy us... he has in the past...
caveman destroys our frontline everytime LOL. i'm sure he has us circled on his calender to bump up his stats.

Code:
[FONT=Courier New]9. New York         28-49     W 2
8. L.A. Clippers    27-50     L 5
7. Philadelphia     26-51     L 4
5. Washington       24-53     W 2
5. Detroit          24-53     W 1
4. Sacramento       24-54     L 8
3. Golden State     23-54     L 1
2. Minnesota        15-62     L 2
1. New Jersey       11-66     L 1[/FONT]