Kings @ Timberwolves game Thread, 3/31, 5 p.m. PST

WTF moment of the game?

• Somebody get Evans a smaller mouthpiece!

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • The Kings fall so badly after being up 15.

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • Troy Murphy. Why us?

Votes: 12 31.6%

• Total voters
L

LWP777

JT: Once again, do not put the ball on the floor or try to make a post move. You'll get rejected or turn the ball over 90% of the time. Shoot your 18 footer and layups you get from offensive rebounds.

Thanks.

Just watching the box score from the office, I can't help but notice that the Kings are shooting .556 and the T'wolves are shooting .625.

Is it safe to say that no effective D is being played in this game?

It's going to be tough to pull out a lin against a team that has lost 16 games in a row. I do have a small glimmer of hope, though... in the last 13 calendar years, we've only won 5 games in Minnesota.

They *used* to have our number, maybe they can dig it up again.
Thats mostly because we've been terrible for the past few years and the years when we werent terrible the Wolves still had Garnett. Garnett used to hand it to our hobbled/soft/old bigmen.

This is going to be a hard one to lose.
Apparently the team doesn't feel the same way. Down at the half by 9 is a pretty sad sight. I knew that without Hawes, Jefferson and Love would be hard to contain. Not that Hawes does a very good job of that, but he is our ONLY true center. Hawes would maybe have gotten a few more rebounds or forced a few more difficult shots by their centers.

I expect the Kings to come out in the second half and play exactly the same as the first. They are FLAT, TIRED, and DISINTERESTED. The last game of a very long road trip. AND the T-Wolves apparently WANT this game badly. I don't see the Kings coming out in the second half with the kind of energy needed to play catchup AND win the game. I can see them making a run, just like every team in the NBA makes a run, but I don't believe they have enough in the tank to pull off a win.

I guess in the grand scheme of things, a loss isn't so bad, but the teams they have been losing to really have tainted the Kings already low image. If you lose to all the teams that people say are the worst teams in the league, doesn't that make YOU the worst team in the league? The record says they are the worst, the games against the bottom feeders that they have lost say they are. Lets just come right out and say it. The Kings are the WORST team in the League! Now if that equates to a better draft pick, then so be it. But I was really thinking that the Kings would have improved a bit more than they have this season. Sure, they have eclipsed last years win total, BUT are they a better team than last year? They are a younger team. They are a faster team. But are they a better team? I don't think so.

Hopefully the draft will bring a big man that can rebound and defend the paint. It is hard to watch Carl Landry try and defend Jefferson. But who else would you have defend Jefferson? Landry is totally over matched in weight and size. If Hawes was playing, he would be outmatched in speed and weight. So the Kings need to draft a big to help them in the paint. Bring in a free agent to help them toughen up the softest interior defense in the league. We are a bad team that is unable to play interior defense. The Kings need a lot of help in the paint. Hopefully the Draft and Free Agency will help them get better. :eek:

The Wolves have lost 16 in a row...and are whoopin us
to be honest this is the best thing that could happen to us.. right now were sittin in the 6 spot with just separating us 3 wins separating us from 9th.. looking at our upcoming schedule, if we lose this one, were somewhat comfortable.. of our next 7, 6 are against portland, san antonio, dallas, houston, and lal.. thats six tough teams fighting for playoff position.. the other game is with lac who have 3 more wins than us currently.. if we're sitting in the top 6 were definitely going to have a chance to get one of wall, turner, cousins, favors, johnson, and worst case having to choose between udoh and aldrich.. for me thats a pretty large turning point in the draft and we need to secure our spot there.

I understand that the draft is very important and we are in somewhat of a close contest for futility.....but suffice it to say I will be relieved when we stop talking about the draft and start talking about the playoffs!!!