Kevin martin traded to rockets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem with cap space next summer is everyone has it, and we ought to be pretty low on the Free Agents pecking order.
Yeah for Wade and Labron, but everyone else is fair game as far as I'm concerned...hell, after the last 10 hours, I'm not even sure what we have planned for the draft. :D

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Reading a blog in Houston, the majority of fans down there don't like the trade due to losing Landry. Less than 10% liked getting Kevin and some 60% did not want/like losing Landry. So Kings clear a ton of Cap space, get a starting PF type who plays both ends really well, and reduces the roster as well. Sergio I liked for his role, 3rd PG helping 50% of the time.

L

LWP777

That seems silly to me. JT, Hawes,Landry, and Lee?

Plus he's going to walk next year anyways, i'd rather pick up something for the future like Hill and a pick.
I don't think he would walk for sure. He would be considered one of those 2nd tier FA's and we would have the money to pay him.

Also, you can never have enough quality big men!!

L

LWP777

He is averaging 20 pts. and 12 rebounds and was an All Star. That is special, even if he plays for the Knicks. We would become a GREAT rebounding team.

Haha I just wanna sit in on these convos cuz Petrie trying to get Lee sounds like a hilarious conversation. I guess GP feels like alot of us if we are gonna get forced to deal with NY might as well get something worthwile out of it. Jeffries, Hughes or Harrington is straight terrible.

:mad: Well, if he doesn't want to come to Sacramento....

Chad Ford via twitter said:

Knicks need Lee's permission to trade him. They won't get it
. RT @sam_amick Kings trying to get David Lee in TMac talks with NY.
Chad Ford via twitter said:
Lee is a 1 year Bird player. He can veto any trade. If he consents to a deal, he loses his Bird Rights. Lee & agent won't let it happen
http://twitter.com/chadfordinsider

Last edited:
Yeah...ummm...if Petrie pulls THIS off, he definitely gets that genious tag back!! David Lee AND Landry?!?!? Sick, just sick!!

I think thompson would be considered a 3rd stringer, and a trade piece in the off season if this worked out. Lee and Landry as his back up?? Are you freaking kidding me??? Oh my...PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN!!

L

LWP777

Chad Ford writes that the Knicks need Lee's permission to trade him to Sacramento and that the team won't receive it.
:(:(:(

Chad Ford writes that the Knicks need Lee's permission to trade him to Sacramento and that the team won't receive it.

Why a team would EVER let that be added to a contact is beyond me. Players are assets, your assets shouldn't tell you what you can do with them. That would be like you wanting to sell a house, and the hosue says...yeeeaaah.. I'm not really feelin that. I don't think so.

L

LWP777

Or S+T him. Don't forget that option. If not, hey, it is an expiring, just like T-Mac is now.
Exactly. Why not have an expiring that can actually help us and we can let him play for 30 games before deciding to offer him a huge contract.

Chad Ford on Twitter:

Lee is a 1 year Bird player. He can veto any trade. If he consents to a deal, he loses his Bird Rights. Lee & agent won't let it happen

Status
Not open for further replies.