Official 2009 Nba Draft Thread

Rebound is one of the bball skills that transfer from college to pro nicely... if hes the all time lead rebounder of his team, he should be good for our lack of rebounding.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Remember during the Great Hawes Debate when it was common to point out that Hawes' rebounding numbers were so low because of Brockman? He just got his excuse back! :D

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Well at least Petrie continues his trradition of treating second round picks as trash to be thrown around willy nilly. This one was apparently used to appease Spencer.

Bricklayer

Rebound is one of the bball skills that transfer from college to pro nicely... if hes the all time lead rebounder of his team, he should be good for our lack of rebounding.

He can probably rebound, but he's going to be helpless defensively. Classic college big man. Not so big in the NBA. Think poor man's Mark Madsen. No word yet if he's as bad of a dancer.

Not really a fan of this pick. No Heytvelt?

Brockman is undersized and underathletic. He's tough and skilled, but I really don't see how his game is going to translate to the NBA.

Bricklayer

an interesting theme for the kings draft this year.... all 3 players are associated with the word: Tough

Don't think that was by accident -- we were pansies of the highest order last year. Its a start but we'll need more changes to the core if we truly want to change that.

This guy will never be anything... What a complete waste of a pick...

Seriously, wtf?!

I would have been happier with someone I hate, but at least have heard of (Chase B.)...

Sigh. 1 pick away from Blair :(

I doubt Brockman makes the team. At least we managed to get Sergio with a 2nd round pick, much better value with him then the players Petrie wastes second rounders on typically.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
BPA is a relative term

I remember Marvin Williams being taken before CP3 and Williams.

You take what You need unless the talent difference is crazy.
1. We needed everything.

2. There is no Chris Paul or Deron Williams in this draft. There isn't even a Marvin Williams in this draft.

Not really a fan of this pick. No Heytvelt?

Brockman is undersized and underathletic. He's tough and skilled, but I really don't see how his game is going to translate to the NBA.
As someone else pointed out rebounding usually translates. Ever team needs a big man who can get dirty. He is just going to come off the bench and make a impact with his his hustle and toughness. Great kid as well, never saw him take a play off over his 4 years at Washington.

As someone else pointed out rebounding usually translates. Ever team needs a big man who can get dirty. He is just going to come off the bench and make a impact with his his hustle and toughness. Great kid as well, never saw him take a play off over his 4 years at Washington.
That's true, rebounding does usually translate.

We'll see, I suppose. I always did admire how he brought it against the Lopez twins, he was really difficult for them to handle. I like him, I just don't know if he was the best on the board at that point.