sactownfan

very solid draft!!!!

C- Hawes
PF- Thompson
SF- Greene , Casspi
SG- Martin , Garcia
PG- Evans , Rodriguez

Trade!!! these 2 guys!

Beno, Noc for most likely a vet PF or vet C ???

Kingster

Hall of Famer
That's unfortunate really. We need help now. This could be another miserable season if we can't even add in any draft picks.
It's going to be a miserable season even if we do. It doesn't bother me at all. All that matters is if the guy has talent. This year or next, I don't care.

I travel to Israel and have seen him a number of times. He's a very tough, scrappy, slashing player. He's not a shooter yet and he'll need to put on some pounds, but clearly the Kings are trying to add some toughness. Congratulations to all the basketball fans in Israel. They love the NBA and have been waiting for a first-ound pick for years. The Kings are a great fit and Andres Nocioni should be the perfect mentor for him.
Chad Ford on Casspi ..

ps, not saying I agree with Ford when I posted the Info on Evans, I just thought it was worth posting, as is this.

My recollection is that in an interview a few weeks ago, Casspi said he'd prefer to come over this year, but if the team that drafted him asked him to stay in Israel for a year he would. I'd expect we'll bring him over this year. We need players.
I remember the same thing, and I agree that it would make more sense for him to come over this year.

I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

I get where your coming from Gary. I watched Evans a lot this year. I'm not sold on Evans at the point, especially next to a poor play maker and ball handler like Martin, but I think he is more talented then you give him credit for. The kid is so creative handling and finishing around the basket. You saw him a lot this year, you should know he can run a break. We are going to have to run the offense through our bigs in the half court, luckily we have the talent to do that. I wouldn't be surprised if this ends with Martin getting traded but I could see this working.
No I think the kid is talented.. If you read any other threads I was comparing him to Dickerson/Salmons. But teams that are floundering like ours shouldn't go into a draft thinking BPA when we have so many glaring weaknesses to fill (although I thought Rubio was bpa). We are drafting like we have a 60 win team and can afford to stash a few players away for a couple years. That's what had me upset. Then you get people talking about Evans as the next great PG for the team.

I have no doubts he can bring the ball up most of the time, but his weaknesses are that he is turnover prone when doubled, no real outside shots, not a play maker, does not make people around him better, and has limited court vision. That's the weaknesses I gave him towards the end of the college year. Put in the comparison of Michael Dickerson, and Salmons mix and also had him listed as a SG not a PG..

Last edited:
I believe Omri Casspi is in the IDF reserves (I know he has extensive military trained background) and subject to being called up in an emergency, although I think he may be able to get waiver for "working" overseas - i.e., NBA.

I saw the fans waving the Israel flag at MSG and jumping up and down for joy. Congratulations to Casspi and Israeli BB fans. It's a great day for them. :)

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
The only reason you don't take the best player available is if you have a player that's untouchable. Nobody's untouchable on a seventeen-win team. Nobody.

The only reason you don't take the best player available is if you have a player that's untouchable. Nobody's untouchable on a seventeen-win team. Nobody.

Well we have to disagree on who was BPA then. Seems half of the fans are Rubio homers, and half are Evans homers. So let us be pissed off for a couple days, and we will get over it. We are used to disappointment.

True, but on the other hand, the only reason for signing Mikki Moore would have been if we were immediately trading away one of our other bigs, which didn't happen. All he did was to ensure that younger players wouldn't get many minutes.

If we trade Kevin now, I'll say it all made sense, but I'm really not expecting that.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Agreed. We now have more talent to trade and get a PG if we need to.

Maybe they think Beno can become more agressive again? when Beno is on, he is not bad. He just needs to be on more often.

Well we have to disagree on who was BPA then. Seems half of the fans are Rubio homers, and half are Evans homers. So let us be pissed off for a couple days, and we will get over it. We are used to disappointment.
I think it is more like half of the fans here are Rubio homers and half are Rubio/Evans homers.....

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
See, when that JT & Cisco for the #2 thing turns out to be reality, and when we follow it with Kevin to Boston for Rondo, we suddenly trot out

C-Thabeet
PF-Hawes
SF-Nocioni
SG-Evans
PG-Rondo

and go from worst to Top 10 in defense in one year. :p

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Has nothing to do with being a "homer". In the poll a while back I said I would want Rubio chosen. Doesn't mean I can't appreciate them picking who they think is the BPA after going through the workouts and Q&A, etc. I trust their research and workouts better than youtube highlight videos. Can't get too upset about the choice.....