Official 2009 Nba Draft Thread

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Good Pick!

just hurts my brain

he selects a project at 23 who needs 2-3 years to develop but wanted someone to play right now at the 4th...
Uhh... isn't that usually how it's supposed to go? Traditionally teams that pick 20-30 don't have a need for a player that can make an immediate impact.

After watching a lot of him in HS, and a lot of him in College I do NOT think he can play the PG for an NBA team. I said in another thread Evans is a mix between Dickerson, and Salmons. Now if our need was SG I wouldn't be so upset, but it's not.

So we have..
PG-Beno-Sergio
SG-Martin-Evans
SF-Nocioni-Garcia
PF-Thompson-?
C-Hawes-?

Looks an awfully lot like the team that won 17 games or whatever they ended up with last year.
I get where your coming from Gary. I watched Evans a lot this year. I'm not sold on Evans at the point, especially next to a poor play maker and ball handler like Martin, but I think he is more talented then you give him credit for. The kid is so creative handling and finishing around the basket. You saw him a lot this year, you should know he can run a break. We are going to have to run the offense through our bigs in the half court, luckily we have the talent to do that. I wouldn't be surprised if this ends with Martin getting traded but I could see this working.

Uhh... isn't that usually how it's supposed to go? Traditionally teams that pick 20-30 don't have a need for a player that can make an immediate impact.

but again, no certain direction. Petrie made it clear he wants to win now and he passes on Blair who could help now(post D, won't back down) for a project..

I guess he's happy with 28 wins

Wow what a surprise. A typical Petrie pick unlike Rubio. Petrie probably went away from Rubio because the owners liked him. The owners couldn't possibly know anything about basketball. I like Dallas' drafting better than ours the last few years.

I don't even know what's going on with the Kings.. They didn't really fill any needs with the picks tonight. We got a SG, and a SF. Someone has to be moved or the team is shaping up to look like last years team with a few added bench players.

Blair is similar to Diogu so if we're keeping Ike then I can understand there is no need for Blair.

Don't sleep on Casspi though, the guy can play. He reminds me of Noc so if we're trying to trade Noc then this pick makes a lot of sense.

I don't even know what's going on with the Kings.. They didn't really fill any needs with the picks tonight. We got a SG, and a SF. Someone has to be moved or the team is shaping up to look like last years team with a few added bench players.

yup, you hit the nail on the head there

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
According to SI.com's comments, Casspi had already said he will stay another yr in Israel. So he won't be here next season.
My recollection is that in an interview a few weeks ago, Casspi said he'd prefer to come over this year, but if the team that drafted him asked him to stay in Israel for a year he would. I'd expect we'll bring him over this year. We need players.

but again, no certain direction. Petrie made it clear he wants to win now and he passes on Blair who could help now(post D, won't back down) for a project..

I guess he's happy with 28 wins
I'm glad we didn't pick Blair. He did a fantastic job in college, but his height and his knees are a major concern.

We need a 3rd big, and it needs to be a defensive guy. If we're going to go with one with good post D, I'd rather have one with better height (though Blair does have good length) and more importantly no major injury concerns.

Hopefully we can pick up someone on the cheap in Free Agency.