Official 2009 Nba Draft Thread

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
I like the fact that all of you who have, at most, seen RR in a few youtube videos and maybe a game or so in the olympics are so upset that the GM didn't pick the player you wanted.

Did you watch all the player workouts? Were you in the psych evaluations? I assume you really are not happy to have the starting PG for a team that finished 27-1. I also assume that you think that a GM with the good drafting record of GP all of a sudden doesn't know how to select talent - is this correct?

Chill out, see how the rest of the draft and offseason trades go, and let's see how the team looks when camp starts.

Rubio is a player that would have brought excitement and money to the organization through Jersey sales, more tickets sold, more international media..

Oh yes, and to boot he is a stud PG who has been playing pro ball for 4 years.

Evans is just another SG which we have too many of already. The Kings are going to have their out (of Sacramento) now. Ticket sales will still be low, and the money coming in will be as stagnant as ever.
I'm sure our ticket/jersey sales will be fine if Evans turns out to be Dwayne Wade kind of superstar.

He will start at PG.

Mark this post...

Think about it like this:
Rubio and Martin as our backcourt would have been the softest, most pushed around backcourt in the NBA... Add those two with Hawes/Thompson/? and we would have been bulldozed off the court...

I like Evans size. I like the MISMATCH he will give us against other SMALL PGs...

This will also help KMart..
question is.. how will he facilitate the ball? i dont want another pointguard project weve been there done that.

we better do something seriously

To be fair, let's at least wait till a few games into the season when we've actually seen Tyreke Evans play for us before we start regretting the pick. Sound good?

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Evans is just another SG which we have too many of already. The Kings are going to have their out (of Sacramento) now. Ticket sales will still be low, and the money coming in will be as stagnant as ever.
Why the h*** does everyone think the Kings want to move? Do none of you listen or pay attention at all to current events????

To be fair, let's at least wait till a few games into the season when we've actually seen Tyreke Evans play for us before we start regretting the pick. Sound good?

I have seen enough of his HS and college play to know what the Kings just got themselves into.

Why the h*** does everyone think the Kings want to move? Do none of you listen or pay attention at all to current events????
It would be much easier to move if they had slumping sales and a losing team which I suspect will be the case for a long long time with these owners/front office running things.

Im gonna tell you who wants Tyreke to succeed more than anyone... the front office. If Tyreke turns out to be "okay" and Rubio becomes a star... there will be civil unrest in the streets with Petries head at the end of a wooden stake.

Rubio is a player that would have brought excitement and money to the organization through Jersey sales, more tickets sold, more international media..

Oh yes, and to boot he is a stud PG who has been playing pro ball for 4 years.

I agree that would boost ticket sales in the preseason; however, as others have said, ultimately the Maloofs will make more money by selecting the player who performs the best on the court and helps us win games.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
OK, so I love how Brandon Jennings rushed down to MSG after he got picked. Didn't want to be the last guy the Green Room, but doesn't mind jumping onto the stage at his first opportunity!

just thought id weigh in on our pick.

i was all for drafting rubio at number 4. as soon as i saw him play i knew that was the guy i wanted on our team. i think he is exactly what this team needs, a player who can distribute the ball and make everyone else better players. but he is also what the CITY needed. all of the disappointment and hard times we've been through over the past couple years starting with the horry shot and most recently, losing the lottery and gaining the number 4 pick. when it all shook out and there was a chance rubio might fall to 4, i was VERY excited. i haven't been to a kings game in a really long time, and the possibility of rubio coming to sac would've pushed me to buying a ticket and checking him out. now, im sure evans is going to be a great player, but rubio would have created so much buzz and enthusiasm around this team. with the attendance at arco dwindling, they needed to draft someone who would put butts in the seats, and rubio would have done exactly that.

just my opinion =)

I'm not liking the Larry Hughes comparison for Tyreke on Draft Express...
Makes sense in terms of skill level coming out of college, but the comparison only works for college skill set. Hughes has been known as a cancer who does not work very hard on his game. Evans is known as a hard worker who is loved by his coach and teammates. If anything, Evans will be a tease for 76ers fans who will see what Hughes might have been if he had any heart.

In other news, still on the board:

Holiday, Lawson, Maynor, Blair, James Johnson, Austin Daye, Jeff Teague, Sam Young, B.J. Mullens.

Did I miss anybody? I wouldn't mind having one of the above.