Official 2009 Nba Draft Thread

After one good summer league game a lot of the Evan haters will change their tune. Watched it happen with Hawes and Thompson and I'm sure this year will bring more of the same.

I think a legit issue with Evans is where he can find playing time here if he iisnt viewed as a point guard. Im sure this is premature, as there are a hundred more chips to fall this offseason, but dammit! I want to know now!

So, let me get this straight. The Kings were the one team that had Rubio doing a workout for them. They have done truckloads of interviews with him and scouted him possibly more thoroughly than any other team. Isn't it just possible that the workout actually convinced the front office that the drawbacks on Rubio, of which there are several real ones, made him too great a risk, a conclusion that was drawn whilst having the most data anyone had on him.
No, that would make too much sense. ;)

Whether or not he is a pg, he is still going to be better than Douby and I can guarantee that. After his workouts Evans was praised as being an absolute STUD and probably the best player behind Griffin. And I think thats exactly what he will be, a stud...unfortunately there is a possibility his studliness is not in the place we need it exactly.
That's fine, but I believe this is the stupidest thing the Kings could have done, and we did not make this team any better with this pick. We drafted a SG to play behind a SG that gets 40 minutes a night.

Why do people have so much faith in Petrie? Does nobody remember the Webber trade? Re-signing Beno? Drafting Douby over Farmar?
First, no GM is perfect, name me your favorite GM and I will list everyone of their mistakes. It's a very easy game.

Second, if we had to truthfully evaluate Petrie, we would have to give him at least an A-/B+ for the draft, B/B+ for trades, and a C-/D+ for use of the MLE. However, this is a draft pick, his draft record has been very good, so he deserves our trust here. Now if he uses the MLE again this season, then you can question his judgment and track record with no qualms from me.

That's fine, but I believe this is the stupidest thing the Kings could have done, and we did not make this team any better with this pick. We drafted a SG to play behind a SG that gets 40 minutes a night.
Pretty sure he's not gonna play behind Martin.... not for long..... or he might just take over Beno...

Yeah, I'm not going to say that isn't a possibility. We just have to hope that he can play PG. And if not, we might have to go buy our parting gifts for Kevin Martin after this season.

One other note, while again I wanted Rubio and still hope we trade with MN for him. A number of posters here including Brick have noted that it has been a LONG time since a team won a championship with a true PG. So for everyone complaining that we didn't get Rubio, remember that he might make us good without putting us over the top. Now even if you feel Evans may be a bust, he also has STAR potential. STAR potential, I will say it again. You win championships with a star, not with a true PG and a mediocre supporting cast. Even if Evans is no Lebron/Kobe, if he can at least be our Webber, we will have a chance.

Rubio is a player that would have brought excitement and money to the organization through Jersey sales, more tickets sold, more international media..

Oh yes, and to boot he is a stud PG who has been playing pro ball for 4 years.

Evans is just another SG which we have too many of already. The Kings are going to have their out (of Sacramento) now. Ticket sales will still be low, and the money coming in will be as stagnant as ever.

He will start at PG.

Mark this post...

Think about it like this:
Rubio and Martin as our backcourt would have been the softest, most pushed around backcourt in the NBA... Add those two with Hawes/Thompson/? and we would have been bulldozed off the court...

I like Evans size. I like the MISMATCH he will give us against other SMALL PGs...

This will also help KMart..

I think the Kings front office believe that Evans can play PG-----Gavin Maloof said that on 1140 after the pick...

Then we have a bunch of idiots in the front office. As hobby I love to scout.. Evans is not a player I ever considered a PG. Not even in Highschool. He is a player that needs the ball to be effective, and does not have enough PG skills to run an NBA team.