Official 2009 Nba Draft Thread

Attaining Sergio Rodriguez made it pretty clear that we were going to get Evans who isn't a true PG. He will play PG though and possible back up Martin if Garcia is moved as some have speculated.

Why do people think Evan is an undersize SG his wingspan is almost of a 7 footer.
he's 6'5 and plays the SG in the NBA. what are you going to do, put him at C because of his wingspan? jesus... i hope there's going to be a massive overhaul or something because i don't see where this guy is going to play.

I can't tell you how relieved and happy I am with this pick.

Very good draft so far for Kings. Now pick Sam Young at 23 and really hit it out of the park!

he's 6'5 and plays the SG in the NBA. what are you going to do, put him at C because of his wingspan? jesus... i hope there's going to be a massive overhaul or something because i don't see where this guy is going to play.
Same.. This has to be the worst pick I have ever seen, and I saw last years second rounders..

Petrie needs to go now.. TRADE EVANS! I think I will start that thread in the Personnel Moves forum

Obviously with Rubio on the board, there's no question that Petrie believes Evans is the better player. If he was going to be swayed by position or marquee value, he would have taken Rubio. The franchise is nowhere near the point where they can afford to be making high picks based on position.

You can always hope Kings did this with the intention of trading to the T'Wolves who were also high on Evans I believe... Maybe to save some $.... I'm happy with Evans but I'm gonna let this all unfold first

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Why do people think Evan is an undersize SG his wingspan is almost of a 7 footer.
Don't let Kevin Martin and Kobe Bryant fool you: 6'5" is not undersized for a SG.

As for him playing PG... he can't be any worse than Udrih.