Welcome Paul Westphal

well if the maloofs want him to succeed give him the assistants THAT He wants right?

i can imagine westphal at the helm porter and elie at his side and pete carill as consultant.. AND SAR of course dont forget reef :D
It is from Sam Amick's sources. Amick reported that a while ago. I just don't want to anyone to assume anything is already a done deal. They have to want to come here as assistants, too. I expect it, but will wait and see before I act like it's a fact already.

yeah well see whats up... well at least petries the one who picked this time. i can imagine him on the phone while maloofs are interviewing rambis in person...

if petrie went under the tunnel while he was driving next thing we know maloofs are already hiring :D

yeah well see whats up... well at least petries the one who picked this time. i can imagine him on the phone while maloofs are interviewing rambis in person...

if petrie went under the tunnel while he was driving next thing we know maloofs are already hiring :D

that last statement makes you sound like Johnnie Cochran with the rhyming.
:D

Welcome, Coach!

My personal hope is that you don't listen to all these people who want a defensive-minded team. Capable of getting stops, yes. And out-rebounding opponents on a regular basis, yes. But we want a team that is exciting to watch and competes every night, and that gives us hope for the future. Give us that kind of basketball and we'll see you in three years.

he plays small ball? is it westphal small ball or nellie ball?
Well, when you have Charles Barkley as your PF, you are playing smallball. ;)

Actually, Westphal had to play the cards he was dealt. He had no seven footer on his Phoenix team, so he started a frontline of 6'10, 6'6, and 6'5 guys. It worked out well.

When he was at Seattle, his starting frontline was at various years: Vin Baker, Olden Polynice, Hornace Grant, Detlef Shrempf, and Patrick Ewing. So he's not afraid of going big.

hes an offensive coach.. which means hes going to get defensive assistants...can tom thib and porter be our assistants alongside elie?? that would be awesome

Welcome to Sacramento Coach Westphal! I KNOW you know loud we can be given the right team, it hasn't been THAT long. Now...please...let's get back to winning!!!

Edit: Hey Coach, guess what? Your old starting PG is your mayor now!

Last edited:
Well, when you have Charles Barkley as your PF, you are playing smallball. ;)

Actually, Westphal had to play the cards he was dealt. He had no seven footer on his Phoenix team, so he started a frontline of 6'10, 6'6, and 6'5 guys. It worked out well.

When he was at Seattle, his starting frontline was at various years: Vin Baker, Olden Polynice, Hornace Grant, Detlef Shrempf, and Patrick Ewing. So he's not afraid of going big.
THANK the heavens! i dont want to see nocioni at the 5 trying to post up dwight :eek:

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Rubio would be a perfect fit for an up-tempo, fast breaking Westphal coached team. I'm excited because at the very least this team will be more entertaining to watch, and the young guys should learn a lot under him. Bringing in experienced assistants like Ellie and Porter will help our defense and the growth of our young guys.

S

sactownfan

WELCOME!!! whew... that was a close one.... Rambis you were soooooo close!!! thank the lord!

S

sactownfan

Welcome Paul Westphal.

Can't complain for this hire considering the $ situation and the choices.

Besides, Westphal is a lakers beater.

Back in 1993 with his team down 0-2 to the lakers in a best of 5 series, Westphal's quote

“The next game is over there Tuesday. We’re going to win that,” Westphal said. “Then the next one is Thursday. We’ll win there, too. Then we’re going to come home next Sunday and win that one, and everyone will say what a great series it was.”

He kept his word in winning 3 straight. I know that Suns team was a #1 seed that went to the finals. But its good to have a coach that beat the lakers before. :D
OK couldn't be a more perfect quote to read at this moment! WOW pure awesomeness!

hes an offensive coach.. which means hes going to get defensive assistants...can tom thib and porter be our assistants alongside elie?? that would be awesome
I doubt thib is gonna come to be an assistant in Sac. Westphal's gonna be the lowest paid head coach in the league so I don't think we're luring thib away based on money. And why would you give up the Celtics who have 1 last shot for the same job with the Kings when there's no money

Welcome, Coach Westphal. You have nowhere to go with this team, but up. Please bring energy, passion, smarts, high expectations and excitement back to Kings basketball.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Welcome, Coach Westphal! I wish you oodles of success! Now let's go out and get those kids to play some defense!