Trade the #4 for?

Crappy #4 in a weak draft (after #2 pick) should get us a player the caliber of Jarron or Jason Collins..

Pull the trigger Petrie :rolleyes:

Crappy #4 in a weak draft (after #2 pick) should get us a player the caliber of Jarron or Jason Collins..

Pull the trigger Petrie :rolleyes:
Don't be so quick to blow off that #4 pick though, i can see Petrie picking a surprise player like Tyreke Evans who might end up be the best player in the draft in a few years.

or..... memphis could just take jordan hill. We still have a chance at Rubio without having to trade anything. OKC will definitely take Thabeet. So Memphis is the only wildcard. They could take Rubio but they have Conley already.

rubio wont play if he isnt top 3 or something he needs the money to buy off his contract something like that..

i see us trading with memphis

the only good thing im seeing today is that nuggets are beating LA

or..... memphis could just take jordan hill. We still have a chance at Rubio without having to trade anything. OKC will definitely take Thabeet. So Memphis is the only wildcard. They could take Rubio but they have Conley already.
They're going to take Rubio, he's not going to fall to us. I think we just need to wrap our heads around this fact.

Sorry, but Rubio will not fall out of top 3. Memphis would take him, but I don't think they want him as much as the Kings do. Jordan Hill would be great for them and we would probably have to give up some picks and players to get Rubio.

I don't see us moving up. The pick could be used to get a established player but really the 4th pick doesn't have a lot more value then the 8th in this draft.

I dont even give a crap...trade IT and Kenny thomas for a bowl of cheerios for all i care. Webber is officily bad luck, the maloofs are insane for asking him to fly down to new jersey.

trade for #5

Well the good news is that Washington got the 5th pick. They don't want to spend the money. I say we pick Hill with the 4th and trade the 23rd, 31st and KT if they want the expiring contract or a player such as Francisco and then draft either Evans or Jennings with the 5th pick.

only thing i dont like is that memphis might keep rubio with the fact that marc gasol and rubio has a history of playing together...

but what the heck trade who ever we can!!!

would you be willing to trade JT noc and 31st for rubio and jaric?

Trade it for anything, just get that ugly number out of my sight.
Ditto.. That pick represents everything horrible about this team right now. If we keep it and pick the player I am sure something bad will happen..

So trade it, give it away, anything... Just DO NOT KEEP IT!

For a team with zero chance of contending in the next couple of years, I can see no advantage to trading for an older player.

How about we pony up $50K and join the ABA instead?

only thing i dont like is that memphis might keep rubio with the fact that marc gasol and rubio has a history of playing together...

but what the heck trade who ever we can!!!

would you be willing to trade JT noc and 31st for rubio and jaric?
I myself would.. I am not that high on Thompson in the first place because he's kind of old to be in the "still developing" stage. Career roleplayer imo.

But at the moment I would trade #4/houstons pick/#31 for Rubio then trade KT expiring, and JT to Washington for the #5.

Ditto.. That pick represents everything horrible about this team right now. If we keep it and pick the player I am sure something bad will happen..

I'm so pissed right now I just want to negate everything. I hope whoever we pick flames out in his rookie year, Whisenant is hired as head coach, and we end up in a 11 way tie for the worst record then lose the tie breaker to end up 11th and then drop to 14th in the draft. Then the Kings get tossed out of the league for being so pathetic and becoming an even bigger laughingstock than the Clippers.

At least we got to live in fantasyland for a little while and dream for a second that we may be relevant for one night. I guess that's too much to ask from those stupid ping pong balls.

I'm so pissed right now I just want to negate everything. I hope whoever we pick flames out in his rookie year, Whisenant is hired as head coach, and we end up in a 11 way tie for the worst record then lose the tie breaker to end up 11th and then drop to 14th in the draft. Then the Kings get tossed out of the league for being so pathetic and becoming an even bigger laughingstock than the Clippers.

At least we got to live in fantasyland for a little while and dream for a second that we may be relevant for one night. I guess that's too much to ask from those stupid ping pong balls.
Glad someone feels like I do right now.. This pick = Kings attendance staying low because we will continue to suck and then the Kings lose the Arena deal, and the team leaves within 3 years..

No more basketball for Sacramento unless we steal Reno's DL team lol.

All these trade scenarios are going to drive me crazy. We all know on draft night Stern is going to waddle up to the podium and say with the 4th pick in the 2009 NBA draft, the Kings select mr. flameout nobody, and then we'll evaluate the loser for three years before dumping him to the twolves for flexible pieces.

bajaden

Hall of Famer

Excuse me, but what the hell are you talking about. Go sit down and have a cervesa or something. There's a lot of irrational thoughts being thrown around right now.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
... when's the last time Petrie traded a first round pick? Capt. Factorial?
You mean an existing pick rather than a future pick? Since Petrie has been around, we've made our own first round picks except in 1999, 2002, and 2003. The 2003 pick (#27) was traded to the Magic in 1999 for Nick Anderson. The 2002 pick was sent to Atlanta so that Atlanta would fulfill our debt to the Pistons resulting from the Barry-Cleaves trade in 2001 (yes, we traded Jon Barry AND a first-rounder to get Cleaves...ugh). The 1999 pick was part of a trade for Officer Polynice in 1994.

So aside from the switcheroo 2002 pick, Petrie (as Kings GM) has never traded away a first-rounder that wasn't out in the future. That was also the only time Petrie has traded FOR a first-rounder (though we only used it to get rid of an old debt).