There is no topic

I'm watching a Idaho/San Diego St. suckfest on my local programming here and they're mentioning a Mike Lamb being the commentator. This is a Idaho broadcast team and feed. KHTK's bio of him doesn't mention Idaho and I can't find any info online on him being the same guy. I don't listen to him on KHTK and they haven't shown him on this broadcast. Is this probably gonna be the same guy?

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Aspiring Chef Dies After Eating Red-Hot Chili Sauce as a Dare

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,429473,00.html

An aspiring chef died after eating a super-hot chilli sauce as part of an endurance competition with a friend.
Andrew Lee, 33, challenged his girlfriend’s brother to a contest to see who could eat the spiciest sauce that he could create.
The fork-lift truck driver, who wanted to cook for a living, prepared a tomato sauce made with red chillies grown on his father’s allotment. After eating it, however, he suffered intense discomfort and itching. The following morning he was found dead, possibly after suffering a heart attack.
Toxicology tests are being conducted to try to establish if he suffered a reaction to the food.

more....

Warhawk

Staff member
World's Largest Jigsaw Puzzle

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,429742,00.html

RAVENSBURG, Germany — Some 15,000 enthusiasts have assembled the world's largest jigsaw puzzle in the southern German town of Ravensburg, Europe's biggest puzzle maker said.
Puzzle maker Ravensburger AG said 1,141,800 pieces were put together in only five hours on Sunday, forming a nearly 6,500-square foot (600-square meter) puzzle that nearly covered the town square.

more....

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I saw the puzzle on TV and it's really misleading. It wasn't a single huge puzzle. It was a lot of little puzzles that were then fitted together to make some kind of montage. I don't think it should have the record. That's like saying putting together 4 puzzles of 500 pieces each is the same as managing to put together one puzzle of 2,000 pieces.

I have recently discovered something called "Chocolate Chewie Cookies" in the Safeway bakery.

Not quite a cookie, not quite a brownie, but hokey smokes do they ever taste nummy.

Warhawk

Staff member
I have a deposition to give on Thursday - I thought it was Friday. :eek: That means the practice session is tomorrow instead of Thursday. I found this out a few hours ago. :eek:

Looking at the bright side, I guess this just gives me one less day to be nervous about it.

And now you can probably figure out why I am working late again, going through a 4-inch stack documents I thought I could review tomorrow.....

This sucks. No offense, Brick, but there are times I think lawyers suck, too......

Warhawk

Staff member
Man picks up 'dead' fox, wrecks after it revives

http://www.theleafchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008810060325

Tommy Fox was driving home from his job in Dover Wednesday at about 11 p.m. when a beautiful red fox dashed in front of his SUV.
After he ran over the fox, he stopped his GMC Jimmy to get the fox to cut off its tail for a souvenir, and he put it in the back seat, said Dale Grandstaff, a Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency wildlife officer.
"The tails are real bushy and pretty and thick this time of year," Grandstaff said.
Things took an odd turn when Fox heard a noise coming from his back seat and realized the fox was alive — and not happy.
The driver desperately searched for something to hold the fox back and prevent him from climbing into the front seat and biting him, he told Grandstaff.
As he looked in the back seat to get a blanket to block the fox, he took his attention from the road.
The SUV crossed the center line and wrecked in a ditch, flipping once and landing upside down in the 3900 block of Lylewood Road, Grandstaff said.
Fox suffered minor injuries and bruises and was treated at the scene by Montgomery County Emergency Medical Service.
The fox was found dead in the SUV. Grandstaff said it was not clear whether the fox died of injuries caused by being hit by the SUV or if it died in the wreck. It was also not known if Tommy Fox got to keep the tail.
Fox could not be located for comment, and the complete Tennessee Highway Patrol report was not available Thursday. His vehicle is registered in Beaumont, Miss., said Laura McPherson, Tennessee Highway Patrol spokeswoman.
The wreck was handled by Trooper Vincent Turocy.
Never cage a fox

Grandstaff said foxes can be found in many places in Montgomery County.
"They're around — they're just really shy and reclusive animals," Grandstaff said. "They do get run over this time of year."
Grandstaff said there was nothing wrong with Tommy Fox taking the animal after striking it.But foxes don't like to be caged, especially when they are alive, he said.
"They are a wild animal — they don't want to be picked up or touched. They just want to be left alone," Grandstaff said.

Warhawk

Staff member
spooky pic of shark and head, circled, taken at Hull's aquarium

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1804838.ece

IT’S just what you’d expect to see in a snap from an aquarium. A shark, blue water — and a disembodied HUMAN HEAD.

Emma Place, 21, took this eerie photo on her phone at Hull’s £53million attraction The Deep.
Boffins at the aquarium admit they are baffled by the appearance of the man’s face, which appears to be gawping up at a shark
Dentistry student Emma, of Doncaster, only spotted the ghoulish face when she arrived home.

more, including photo.....

Warhawk

Staff member
Flaming Squirrel Blamed For Redding Wildfire

http://www.kcra.com/news/17713428/detail.html

REDDING, Calif. -- With southern California fighting wind-driven flames and spot fires breaking out across northern California, firefighters have fingered at least one arsonist: an unlucky squirrel.

Redding firefighters said the squirrel set off the blaze when it shorted out a power line, caught fire and dropped into dry vegetation.

more....

http://www.kcra.com/news/17713428/detail.html

REDDING, Calif. -- With southern California fighting wind-driven flames and spot fires breaking out across northern California, firefighters have fingered at least one arsonist: an unlucky squirrel.

Redding firefighters said the squirrel set off the blaze when it shorted out a power line, caught fire and dropped into dry vegetation.

more....
Poor squirrel...can't even defend itself from this scurrilous accusation. It's so easy to blame the dead. ;)