[LAL/BOS]Battle of the top seeds!!

Who will win the 2008 NBA Finals?

• Total voters
hehe, yep.

Well, even with *bad* knee injuries the immediate after-effects can be misleading. I tore my ACL last year playing flag football... immediately afterwards I was basically just crawling around, but within a few minutes after the initial pain had subsided I was able to walk with a limp, and a little later even jog a bit. I definitely couldn't have gone back in and played (there was no stability), but most of my friends thought "ohh it's not that bad you're walking around pretty good!".

Kinda why I am a little worried about Pierce... there are lots of other structures in the knee that can compensate (including muscle), but something in there could easily seriously be messed up. There is really no way to know from a lachman's test or other exterior exams...

P

Pau

There's nothing to worry about. It looked like Boston played a script written in Hollywood. Even Perkins got. The Cetics had their game faces on. Game 2 will be different. Adjustments will be made.

There's nothing to worry about. It looked like Boston played a script written in Hollywood. Even Perkins got. The Cetics had their game faces on. Game 2 will be different. Adjustments will be made.

Give me a break, if you think a guy who got stabbed 11 times and was back playing ball after 3 days faked a knee injury THAT WAS CLEARLY VISIBLE then you're insane. Hella people are saying he was "biting Willis Reed" but if you think a guy who has waited his whole life to play in the finals is even THINKING about that, then you are insane.

Give me a break, if you think a guy who got stabbed 11 times and was back playing ball after 3 days faked a knee injury THAT WAS CLEARLY VISIBLE then you're insane. Hella people are saying he was "biting Willis Reed" but if you think a guy who has waited his whole life to play in the finals is even THINKING about that, then you are insane.
Maybe I missed it, did they show in replays where it was "clearly visible". I am not saying he faked it or didnt, but I dont recall any replays that were conclusive. I remember only the halfcourt angle replay which they showed many times. Did you see a different angle, perkins bumped into him, which in many cases should be more than enough for an injury. But still how are you so confident it was "clearly visible", that kind of contact is dime a dozen in the nba

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Heheheheh. Typical Laker fan drivel.

Sorry, Pau, but considering some of the antics of the Brave Little Soldier, you and your ilk should be the LAST fans ever talking about scripts or anything else in that vein.

Last edited:
1) Ive never seen Kobe get taken off the court in such a dramatic manner, and come back three minutes later.

(Memo to myself, never feel bad for Paul Pierce again.)

2) Arnie is married to Maria Shriver Kennedy. I would not be surprised if the guy was actually rooting for the Celts. :)

Maybe I missed it, did they show in replays where it was "clearly visible". I am not saying he faked it or didnt, but I dont recall any replays that were conclusive. I remember only the halfcourt angle replay which they showed many times. Did you see a different angle, perkins bumped into him, which in many cases should be more than enough for an injury. But still how are you so confident it was "clearly visible", that kind of contact is dime a dozen in the nba

Yeah they showed a couple angles, you could see Perkins foot come down on the back of Pierce's leg when he landed and he twisted it when he was falling down.

Heheheheh. Typical Laker fan drivel.

Sorry, Pau, but considering some of the antics of the Brave Little Soldier, you and your ilk should be the LAST fans ever talking about scripts or anything else in that vein.
So you believe the scripts of the brave little soldier but not Pierce ;)

Either you believe there are no scripts in the nba , which would mean that Pierce did not play to a script , which should mean that the brave little soldier is not acting to scripts.

Or you should believe that the lakers, nba and the brave soldier play to scripts, which would mean that Pierce had a very high possibility of playing to a script.

If you think Pierce did not play to a script, but the brave soldier does it all the time and its just one team, then it just shows that you just hate one team and are willing to ignore the rest and I am trying to resist calling you something else.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
So you believe the scripts of the brave little soldier but not Pierce ;)

Either you believe there are no scripts in the nba , which would mean that Pierce did not play to a script , which should mean that the brave little soldier is not acting to scripts.

Or you should believe that the lakers, nba and the brave soldier play to scripts, which would mean that Pierce had a very high possibility of playing to a script.

If you think Pierce did not play to a script, but the brave soldier does it all the time and its just one team, then it just shows that you just hate one team and are willing to ignore the rest and I am trying to resist calling you something else.
Excuse me?

I don't think there are scripts but I do believe Kobe Bryant has, for a very long time, overplayed his injuries to make the most of miraculous recoveries.

My comments to Pau were reflective of that feeling, which should be no surprise to you or any other Laker fan. I've never hidden them - or disguised them in any way.

And for the record? Believing that Pierce didn't play to a script only means I don't believe Pierce played to a script. I don't believe the NBA is scripted. I've watched it for too many years.

Now excuse me. I have to go put on my Celtics green and watch them kick some Laker arse.

So far Boston has managed to withstand LA's initial run (I was a bit worried when they fell behind 7 early). Pierce looks pretty good out there too.... and they've managed to get Kobe into early foul trouble.

Now if they can just quit turning the ball over! Yes, that means you Ray Allen -- enough stupid passes!

Celts are doing a pretty good job of keeping the Lakers out of the paint (namely, Kobe), hence the foul numbers. Plus the Lakers inexplicably fouled Powe a bunch of times -- take those away and the foul numbers are a little closer.

I'd definitely say the Celtics are the aggressors thus far and probably getting the benefit of the doubt on the calls as a result, but the Lakers are far from being screwed.

Kobe did get a ticky-tack one called on him with the push-off on Ray Allen early, but he's also committed some pretty obvious (and dumb) ones as well. He's got to play smarter.

Game 1 was a tale of two halves, so we'll see if the Lakers come out a different team after the break. I think they will. Right now Pau is the only effective one out there.

Nice halftime story on Leon Powe. I knew his tough background from when he was a H.S. McDonalds All American and later a star at Cal. Hopefully, the Kings can find a young man with his drive and character when they likely select a PF somewhere in this years draft. Of course, Powe was a 2nd round pick.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
I tune in and the Lakers begin to shorten the lead, so I change the channel again. When I look again, the Celtics have widened the lead. So now, I am just checking in for a few seconds at a time. I like the results when I watch something else. It's a sacrifice not to see the Lakers lose, but I'm willing to make it for all my fellow Laker haters out there. :p

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I have a good friend up here who happens to be a Laker fan. He called me a few minutes ago and said he was actually embarrassed about the abysmal effort on the part of the Lakers. In fact, he used the word about five times... and then he said I could take my best shot because the Lakers deserved it.

I could have been magnanimous about it and not said anything. Emphasis on the words "COULD HAVE" ... Suffice to say I wasn't magnanimous.

GO CELTICS!!!

gunks

Hall of Famer
I think its time to start talking about game 3 haha.

Lakers probably go 2-1 in Lala Land. But I think the Celtics only need to steal one there to win the series.