[LAL/BOS]Battle of the top seeds!!

Who will win the 2008 NBA Finals?

• Total voters
The defenders Jordan faced were weaker than the ones Kobe has faced. Kobe entered into a league that gotten stronger defensively in response to Jordan. I'm not trying to say Kobe is better than Jordan, I'm saying you can't just compare the two straight up because there are different circumstances. I do think Kobe is definitely in Jordan's league though. As a Kobe fan, I'm disappointed that he hasn't been able to pick up the load of his teammates quite as well as he's capable of. However I don't think he's playing that bad, just not as good as he could be. The series isn't over yet, he can still show what he's got; I doubt it will end in a series win though at this point.

Kobe fan? That says it all hahahahaha.

Seriously though I don't see how you can be a fan of the lakers(or how their other 5395938590385309858 fans like them) but whatever.

Kobe fan? That says it all hahahahaha.

Seriously though I don't see how you can be a fan of the lakers(or how their other 5395938590385309858 fans like them) but whatever.
I'm not a laker fan, I'm a Kobe fan. I don't hate the lakers like I used to during the rivalry, but I don't have strong feelings towards them either way. However, I've followed Kobe since he was a rookie in the SPL, I think he's a great player, and I think he catches way too much ish.

Last edited:
That was awesome. I'm not a huge Ray Allen fan, but I was for that play as I'm not a fan of the Machine. And imho it seemed as if the Machine wanted to blame someone for Allen getting that easy layup, but he knew there was no one to blame but himself (especially for letting Ray go right and just blow by him as if his feet were in concrete at the free throw line). For that play alone (and if the Celtics end up winning the Finals), I think Sasha has to relinquish his little nickname. While I'm at it, Black Mamba will be dead as well (or should be) if the Lakers can't bring home the trophy.
I actually enjoyed it to. Because it showed me he cared. He is not one of the guys that are just collecting a paycheck, sasha has showed me that he gives a crap (as much as the fans) and he shows it on the court.

(For the record he doesnt call himself the machine that a nickname his teamates gave him in practice and which stu lantz picked up on.)

The defenders Jordan faced were weaker than the ones Kobe has faced. Kobe entered into a league that gotten stronger defensively in response to Jordan. I'm not trying to say Kobe is better than Jordan, I'm saying you can't just compare the two straight up because there are different circumstances. I do think Kobe is definitely in Jordan's league though. As a Kobe fan, I'm disappointed that he hasn't been able to pick up the load of his teammates quite as well as he's capable of. However I don't think he's playing that bad, just not as good as he could be. The series isn't over yet, he can still show what he's got; I doubt it will end in a series win though at this point.
Just ask Joe Dumars what he thinks:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop...ordan-Unguardable-with-Current-NBA-Rules.html

And for those who are not familiar with the "Jordan Rules":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Rules

The east was a very tough and a very physical conference during that era(just to mention a few teams: Knicks, Pistons, Heat, Pacers). But Jordan took all those hits and grabbed 6 rings as the leader of the Bulls. Sure some people would say that Jordan couldn't have done it without Pippen, but you could argue the same thing against Pip too. The bottomline is Jordan was the best player, playing in the best team, with all the other team's defenses focused entirely on him, but still able to pull it off six times(as in six championships). Until Kobe does that, I don't think you can compare him to Jordan yet. Skillwise, he is up there with Jordan, but everything else, he is not in Jordan's league yet.

Does anybody know when the last time that a team that did not make the playoffs won the Title the next year?
That would be a rare event indeed. My guess = the 70s. Possibly Portland. Just running through all the champs back until the early 80s I can't think of any. Don't remember how Houston did the year before they won their first, but think they finished it strong at least. KNow that the Spurs, Heat, Pistons, Lakers, Bulls all had been there before getting over the hump. Ditto the Lakers and Celtics of the 80s obviously, and the Bad Boys. The 82 Sixers...don't recall how they were the year before they won it. Some similarity to the Celtics there as they made a massive pickup in the offseason to suddenly catapult them as well (Moses Malone in his MVP prime).
The answer is... GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS. I went to several games during those days... contests at Oakland Arena and Cow Palace. Wow, that was a long time ago. But some fond memories as an old Warriors fan way back then, before the Kings of Sacramento.
Well, I looked it up and as best I can tell, Brick gets the prize as the last time that a team that did not make the playoffs won the title the very next year was in 1977. The team was the Blazers. The Celts are 1 game away from what has not been accomplished in 31 years.