[SAS/NOH] - who will Bowen injure now ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I respect the hornets and WTG hornets. classy team and they are really taking it to the champs.

Love the hard fouls on bowen more than anything, that idiot needs to be put on his rear many more times. Even in game 1, loved the way they went underneath his 3 point jumper to show him that he cant try that with them as they can do it to him as well. I am for physical play and keeping the offense honest but is dirty tricks need to be put on notice. He has been non existent the two games played. Hopefully they will really get under his shot and send him to an early fishing trip. Since the thread is about bowen, little rant here ;)

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Kobe can guard Paul. And he probably will, if it comes to that.

:: hopes it doesn't come to that ::

Kobe would ahve a helluva time with Paul's quickness, and its a good way to get him into foul trouble. They may do it in spots, but if that was the main answer L.A. would be in trouble.

Kobe's defense is somehwat a mtater of myth at this point anyway. He can be a very good defender for stretches when he wants to be, but he's got other things on his mind much of the time and you can't D Paul parttime -- he's going to have the ball and be looking to create on almost every single play.

Love the hard fouls on bowen more than anything, that idiot needs to be put on his rear many more times. Even in game 1, loved the way they went underneath his 3 point jumper to show him that he cant try that with them as they can do it to him as well. I am for physical play and keeping the offense honest but is dirty tricks need to be put on notice. He has been non existent the two games played. Hopefully they will really get under his shot and send him to an early fishing trip. Since the thread is about bowen, little rant here ;)
Bowen had one of his best offensive playoff games in game 1 (at least from what I remember). But I agree, he's not doing so much of defense, but I would still be careful, all it takes is one of his dirty moves...

Kobe would ahve a helluva time with Paul's quickness, and its a good way to get him into foul trouble. They may do it in spots, but if that was the main answer L.A. would be in trouble.

Kobe's defense is somehwat a mtater of myth at this point anyway. He can be a very good defender for stretches when he wants to be, but he's got other things on his mind much of the time and you can't D Paul parttime -- he's going to have the ball and be looking to create on almost every single play.
Agreed. Kobe also sometimes struggles getting through the picks, and I'm sure you'd see a lot of those if he was to guard Paul.

Agreed. Kobe also sometimes struggles getting through the picks, and I'm sure you'd see a lot of those if he was to guard Paul.
And to add, Kobe's the only guy I see the Hornets having trouble guarding. If he's tired from chasing Paul around, well, good for them...

I could see Phil Jackson trotting out Sasha whatshisname to pester Paul, just like he's used guys like Lue and Pargo in playoffs past.

And to add, Kobe's the only guy I see the Hornets having trouble guarding. If he's tired from chasing Paul around, well, good for them...

I could see Phil Jackson trotting out Sasha whatshisname to pester Paul, just like he's used guys like Lue and Pargo in playoffs past.
Well, Kobe can beat the Hornets all by himself (see 81 points), but I think the Hornets would have a lot of trouble with both Odom (noone on the Hornets team matches up well against him) or Gasol (Chandler is a good defender, but Gasol has both size and skill advantage).

On the other side of the court, Paul, Stojakovic and West would do anything they want...

Well, Kobe can beat the Hornets all by himself (see 81 points), but I think the Hornets would have a lot of trouble with both Odom (noone on the Hornets team matches up well against him) or Gasol (Chandler is a good defender, but Gasol has both size and skill advantage).

On the other side of the court, Paul, Stojakovic and West would do anything they want...
First of all, Kobe scored his 81 vs. the Raptors. Secondly, as the past 2 Laker seasons have unquestionably indicated, if Kobe tries to do it on his own, his team loses. Plain and simple.

Lastly, Odom is not the matchup problem in that series (its still Kobe). He could be guarded by West and especially Bonzi. Odom has trouble with strong smallish guys with a low center of gravity (see: Ron Artest).

I guess all the criticism leveled against Jason Kidd for not being able to stop Paul may have been a bit unfair. If someone can do this to the champs, you are talking about a seriously ungaurdable player. As the saying goes, team defense may beat team offense, but individual offensive players always beat individual defensive players.

Kobe never won a title without Shaq,so he's not going to win it this time either,mark my words.If Hornets win one game in San Antonio this series is over.
Btw,I don't understand why so many people underestimate Hornets?They have the best point guard in the league,great shooter and all-star PF.They also have some decent players like Chandler,Peterson,Wells and Pargo and the other players who are backups.It's not about expirience anymore,Hornets are contenders!

yeah, that's what i'm thinking, the PG platoon of fisher, farmar, and vujacic, with kobe in spots to guard paul. fisher is pretty strong, and the other two are quick, and kobe will probably close out the game on him if it's a close one. i think that group vs. paul is probably better than what the spurs have (who is their back up point, anyway?), and certainly better than what dallas had.

I saw last night something I have never seen before. Peja almost went into the crowd hustling for a lose ball!! :)
... and played help defense. Even though he'd get "confused" at times at least we saw him play help defense and double teams. Before this season the most he ever did on help defense was stretch one arm in a general direction of open player instead of rotating.

piksi

Hall of Famer
I saw last night something I have never seen before. Peja almost went into the crowd hustling for a lose ball!! :)
You can see how much he has fun playing this game again. He still has his moments where someone takes the rebound out of his hand or where he is afraid of contact and rushes a layup but he has played "insane" over these 7 games. Everyone is waiting for it to drop off but so far so good. If by any miracle Pedja can continue to do this every night especially shooting percentages which are ridiculous from three - Hornets can only be beaten by Dick Bavetta and co. I mean - he is the 3rd offensive option on that team. You already have to deal with CP3 who isn't really guardable when he is hitting midrange shots, Then You have West who is streaky but he can beat You by himself. The You have another guy in Pedja who You just can leave open. It is a nightmare defending them when they are on.
Best part of their game - defense. I have watched them a lot this season but the never defended like this.

You can see how much he has fun playing this game again. He still has his moments where someone takes the rebound out of his hand or where he is afraid of contact and rushes a layup but he has played "insane" over these 7 games. Everyone is waiting for it to drop off but so far so good. If by any miracle Pedja can continue to do this every night especially shooting percentages which are ridiculous from three - Hornets can only be beaten by Dick Bavetta and co. I mean - he is the 3rd offensive option on that team. You already have to deal with CP3 who isn't really guardable when he is hitting midrange shots, Then You have West who is streaky but he can beat You by himself. The You have another guy in Pedja who You just can leave open. It is a nightmare defending them when they are on.
Best part of their game - defense. I have watched them a lot this season but the never defended like this.
Kind of nice to a have a 7 footer in the middle that only cares about protecting the rim and grabbing rebounds. Where can we get one of those?

Kind of nice to a have a 7 footer in the middle that only cares about protecting the rim and grabbing rebounds. Where can we get one of those?
Good point. Chandler was also most campaigned for player on this board for a while (in various trade scenarios). He gets props for his defense and board work but I think he is also underrated on offense. Almost every trip down the floor Tyson will selflessly setup those high screens and picks and get that body in the way of defenders, plus all those put-backs and alley oops. When he was with the Bulls he was basically doing the same thing and Heinrich looked like a real PG and was even labeled as next John Stockton. Since Tyson's been gone Heinrich has not been able to run the point with any sort of consistency.

until this moment - I thought they had a shot. Too bad - it was a nice run though
If Kings' precedent holds, one of the Hornets is destined for at least an injury that ends his participation in these playoffs. Let's just hope it's not Paul or any injury more serious than that...

Status
Not open for further replies.