What is your take?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Well, since it's an Artest poll, he probably should have included "all of the above."

I'm sorry...

I'm happy he is here and I hope they offer him a 2 year deal. He's done nothing but earn his paycheck by giving it 100% every night on the court.

Wish he was traded but glad it wasnt for garbage, we cant keep letting guys walk like we have done in the past, maybe if denver misses the playoffs or gets beat in the first round (one of those will happen) and we give ron a two year deal, Nene will be offered in the offseason or something.

i dont really fit into any of these.. i would choose number 1 but if denver offered jr smith, najera and a first i think that would have been good value.. so i wouldnt say that is 'anything you can get '

Kings HAVE to resign him now. Why? Because then if worse comes to worse we can trade him later. Teams won't take him now because he can opt out and that's risky. However, if the Kings can resign him to a 3-4 year deal at 12-14 mil a year then a team in need of a reasonably priced star will take him. A team like Houston, Cleveland, Orlando, Dallas, etc. in the next season or so could make a major move for Artest for a chance at a championship.

Letting Artest walk lowers the overall assets of the Kings tremendously. And on another note, who doesn't like the adrenaline rush during the trade deadline when Artest rumors start?

L

Lafayette

RESIGN HIM! He is one of the best SF in the game and with him and Kevin Martin (along with future center Hawes and young talented PG Beno) we are set aslong as we get a PF this team will be raw and the way they are playing now it shows that getting rid of Bibby was the right move.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Kings HAVE to resign him now. Why? Because then if worse comes to worse we can trade him later. Teams won't take him now because he can opt out and that's risky. However, if the Kings can resign him to a 3-4 year deal at 12-14 mil a year then a team in need of a reasonably priced star will take him. A team like Houston, Cleveland, Orlando, Dallas, etc. in the next season or so could make a major move for Artest for a chance at a championship.

Letting Artest walk lowers the overall assets of the Kings tremendously. And on another note, who doesn't like the adrenaline rush during the trade deadline when Artest rumors start?

NOBODY ius touching Ron Artest owed $12-$14 mil a season for 3-4 years. He will be our own very special little gift forever under that scenario.

Entity

Hall of Famer
NOBODY ius touching Ron Artest owed $12-$14 mil a season for 3-4 years. He will be our own very special little gift forever under that scenario.
And a great gift that would be. A player that can takeover a game overpower his oponent on either end. Ladies and gentleen you wanted a superstar I give you Ron Artest.

Are you kidding me? Lets look at some of the other contracts that similar SF have received in the league (approximates):
1. AK-47: 4 year $61 million
2. Richard Jefferson: 4 year $54 million
3. Rashard Lewis: 6 year $115 million
4. Peja: 4 year $53 million
5. Lamar Odom: 2 year $27 million

Ron Artest's abilities are arguably equal to if not better than any of these players. Ron's combined ability on both sides of the court are probably superior to any of them. His attitude has gotten better over the past couple years. I also believe that things will get better with him once he's in a stable contract that fits his abilities. Not to mention that bad players make nearly 10 million a year (KT for example) and I highly doubt that Ron's abilities will decline that badly.

As of now, Artest is the only player on our team that requires a double team in the post. He's also still young enough to be important on a team a few years in the future.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Are you kidding me? Lets look at some of the other contracts that similar SF have received in the league (approximates):

Ron Artest's abilities are arguably equal to if not better than any of these players. Ron's combined ability on both sides of the court are probably superior to any of them. His attitude has gotten better over the past couple years. I also believe that things will get better with him once he's in a stable contract that fits his abilities. Not to mention that bad players make nearly 10 million a year (KT for example) and I highly doubt that Ron's abilities will decline that badly.

As of now, Artest is the only player on our team that requires a double team in the post. He's also still young enough to be important on a team a few years in the future.

Ah but He got into a fight 3 years ago so he doesn't deserve to make the same money as those choir boys. And to this day I dare somebody take a cup of beer in the face and not want to hit the guy that threw it.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Ah but He got into a fight 3 years ago so he doesn't deserve to make the same money as those choir boys. And to this day I dare somebody take a cup of beer in the face and not want to hit the guy that threw it.
For six million dollars, you could hold a "Throw Beer at Mr. S£im Citrus" night every year, if you want to. Hell, I'd give a grand to whoever got me with the most beer.

Entity

Hall of Famer
For six million dollars, you could hold a "Throw Beer at Mr. S£im Citrus" night every year, if you want to. Hell, I'd give a grand to whoever got me with the most beer.

Easy to say sitting behind a keyboard and not growing up in a neighborhood such as Artest. i didn't grow up there and if you Mr. Slim threw beer at me I would do the same as Artest. hell if you just showed up at my house rigth now I might do the same.:D

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
And I'd open a cream-pie-to-the-face booth right next to Slim just hoping to cash in on a tenth of the money.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Easy to say sitting behind a keyboard and not growing up in a neighborhood such as Artest. i didn't grow up there and if you Mr. Slim threw beer at me I would do the same as Artest. hell if you just showed up at my house rigth now I might do the same.:D
So what does that indicate? Poor impulse control and anger management issues? :rolleyes: Whee.

Entity

Hall of Famer
So because you make alot of money. you would just let ppl throw **** at you?? Wow you guys need some moral standards.

call it what you will somebody throws beer in my face and 90% of heterosexual men your getting your *** handed to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of people I like and respect disagree with me, but I have always been in Ron's corner - I think he is a hell of a ballplayer and his off court stuff does not freak me out. I would not mind if he got a nice extension.

I agree 100% on this and on the beer in the face thing. :D

Here's what Wikipedia has listed in it's first two sentences as CONTROVERSY in the bio for Ron Artest:

"In spite of his abilities, Artest has been the subject of much controversy. During his rookie season with the Chicago Bulls, he was subject to criticism for applying for a job at Circuit City, just to get an employee discount. He once attended an Indiana Pacers practice in a bath robe."

So prior to the brawl at Auburn Hill, Michigan, Artest was the ultimate NBA bad boy (before him it was Dennis Rodman!) because he wanted a job a Circuit City, wore a bath robe (once!) to practice and got into to it with Pacer's Coach Rick Carlisle a few times over some missed practices. Of course, they list in detail all his various legal problems, but there are times you would almost assume the dude's a multiple violent felon, hardened ex-con, and probably one-strike away getting sentenced to life in prison:eek:

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Easy to say sitting behind a keyboard and not growing up in a neighborhood such as Artest.
How the hell do you know where I grew up? Black man can't raise up out the ghetto unless he plays ball?

i didn't grow up there and if you Mr. Slim threw beer at me I would do the same as Artest. hell if you just showed up at my house rigth now I might do the same.:D
You might try... but I know where the smart money is...

Here's what Wikipedia has listed in it's first two sentences as CONTROVERSY in the bio for Ron Artest:

"In spite of his abilities, Artest has been the subject of much controversy. During his rookie season with the Chicago Bulls, he was subject to criticism for applying for a job at Circuit City, just to get an employee discount. He once attended an Indiana Pacers practice in a bath robe."

So prior to the brawl at Auburn Hill, Michigan, Artest was the ultimate NBA bad boy (before him it was Dennis Rodman!) because he wanted a job a Circuit City, wore a bath robe (once!) to practice and got into to it with Pacer's Coach Rick Carlisle a few times over some missed practices. Of course, they list in detail all his various legal problems, but there are times you would almost assume the dude's a multiple violent felon, hardened ex-con, and probably one-strike away getting sentenced to life in prison:eek:
Great post. It is puzzling how Artest has this image of a vicious thug, for honestly no good reason.

He worked at CC. He punched a guy. Sure, he makes millions of dollars, but why does that mean he cant have normal (if maybe slightly hightened) emotions that lead to normal human reactions?

I mean seriously, as some posters have said before, I'd like to see if any of you on here havent retaliated with some sort of violence to someone who has wronged you. In the heat of things, it happens.

If someone threw a beer at you, there likely wouldn't be near the danger of setting off a major riot, that could have gotten out of control and had people, including innocent bystanders, get seriously hurt. Maybe you also didn't notice the terror and tears on the faces of children near that brawl. Yeah, that's my idea of a man...terrifying children and risking people's lives.:rolleyes: It was stupid, indefensible and showed a complete lack of mature control.

Status
Not open for further replies.