Kings sign Mikki Moore!!!

32 yr old 7ft 223lbs forward. Somebody in the Kings organization is straight drunk....WTF.

Next, How about we sign Homey The Clown :mad::mad:

http://www.nba.com/kings/news/kings_sign_mikki_moore.html

KINGS AND MIKKI MOORE REACH AN AGREEMENT ON A CONTRACT IN PRINCIPLE
SACRAMENTO, CA, Friday, July 13, 2007 --- The Sacramento Kings and forward/center Mikki Moore have agreed to terms on a contract in principle today, it was announced by Kings' President of Basketball Operations Geoff Petrie.
“We’re really excited to come to an agreement with Mikki Moore,” said Petrie. “He brings athleticism, length, skill and experience to our team and we’re looking forward to watching him play for the Kings.”
Moore, a 7-0, 225-pound, nine-year NBA veteran, enjoyed careers highs with the New Jersey Nets last season, averaging of 9.8 points (.609 FG%, .681 FT%) and 5.1 rebounds per game through 79 contests (started 55). He also averaged 14.8 points and 4.7 rebounds in six Eastern Conference semifinal playoff games versus Cleveland last season.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
omfg

Because you just don't know if you can keep on signing guys to the MLE every reason right Geoff? Because a 3 year deal expiring in 09-10 for a 32 yr old vet makes perfect sense when you are theoretically trying to clear space for 08-09 right Geoff?

But hey:

1) has jumper? CHECK.
2) played career game against us? CHECK.

woot.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Moore is solid player.

So we have Miller, Moore, Thomas, SAR, Hawes, Williams for 3 maybe 4 spots in the rotation. Nice planing. And we are about to have zero PGs on the roster.

He's 32 and we signed him for a guaranteed 2 and a half seasons?? I ...I..hmm...I just really hope there is something much bigger here that we aren't seeing. I mean he's solid and he plays with passion.

Adding size for the sake of size with a bit more atheticism with vets is not really the best plan. I want to say wtf...but at the same time....maybe there's something hear we don't know about for the future.

piksi

Hall of Famer
omfg

Because you just don't know if you can keep on signing guys to the MLE every reason right Geoff? Because a 3 year deal expiring in 09-10 for a 32 yr old vet makes perfect sense when you are theoretically trying to clear space for 08-09 right Geoff?

But hey:

1) has jumper? CHECK.
2) played career game against us? CHECK.

woot.
games

I feel so sick that I renewed my tickets. Seriously I feel defrauded - every representation was that the roster would be retooled, in a positive way to either win more or to rebuild.

I'm so dumbstruck I am near tears. I almost saved my money.... this close.... but I convinced myself the Kings would do something positive in the offseason.

This sucks.

IF Brad and Kenny disappear out of this and we have Hawes, Moore, Williams Shareef...I won't be too uhappy about that. BUt ONLY if those 2 guys were to disappear.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Oh, just shoot me now....

Why did they spend it? Just resist the dark side and not use the MLE for once, OK GP? :mad:

Edit - unless, of course, GP has something up his sleeve to get rid of a couple bigs like Doc said. Even so......Mikki Moore?!?!?

dude12

Hall of Famer
I really....

hope that this is leading to another move. Best case scenario is that KT is gone in another trade....or Miller. Miller? Could Miller be moving somewhere?

Oh, just shoot me now....

Why did they spend it? Just resist the dark side and not use the MLE for once, OK GP? :mad:

Edit - unless, of course, GP has something up his sleeve to get rid of a couple bigs like Doc said. Even so......Mikki Moore?!?!?
He's big he's athletic, he can back up Hawes, or start, or split time evenly and let the kid develop. In a few years Hawes is coming into his own and hopefully we've lost enough games to pick up another good big man as well.

I wouldn't mind that for the future. But Kenny and Miller would have to go, or Mikki and a combo of others in a bigger move.

IF Brad and Kenny disappear out of this and we have Hawes, Moore, Williams Shareef...I won't be too uhappy about that. BUt ONLY if those 2 guys were to disappear.
That would make it all better for me... if he ships out Brad and Kenny then it makes sense and I'm fine. Actually delighted.

But for him to go out and spend a 3 yr MLE contract now on anybody is just stupid.

A washed up SAR, Salmons and Moore. This is the caliber of guys Geoff Petrie is acquiring for us the last three years at 5M'ish/yr??? Why does anyone have confidence in him anymore? I wish the Maloofs would fire him I really do.

That would make it all better for me... if he ships out Brad and Kenny then it makes sense and I'm fine. Actually delighted.

But for him to go out and spend a 3 yr MLE contract now on anybody is just stupid.

A washed up SAR, Salmons and Moore. This is the caliber of guys Geoff Petrie is acquiring for us the last three years at 5M'ish/yr??? Why does anyone have confidence in him anymore? I wish the Maloofs would fire him I really do.
Be carefuly what you wish for. I understand your sentiment. We've seen a few Gm's in the last few years making great moves for their teams, that is now starting to really pay off, and well, we haven't seen that.

But, you can only do with what you have to work with. I do agree some smarter decisions could have been made, or just refrained from altogether, but I'm just hoping their is a greater plan here.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
This smells of something happening soon, facilitating the need to pick him up. *crosses fingers and jumps up and down*

boy oh boy you guys are bunch of cry babies...

When the season started you guys were crying "oh we need to get more athletic" "oh KT and SAR are getting owned" "oh SAR's knees" etc...

Finally Petrie is doing something to address the problem and you guys are crying.... When the rumors had it that we were looking at Mo Pete, you guys started crying "oh come on Petrie we need Bigs!!"

Just allow Petrie to finish his offseason moves i assure you he has something up his sleeves :)