OFFICIAL 2007 Draft selection/discussion thread

heh. so now they have Tiago Splitter and Luis Scola. And Scola is probably the best power forward in Europe. Not sure why they needed Splitter.
I don't think Scola is ever coming over. He is just too big a name in Europe to come over. He will earn more in europe than he would in the NBA.

Splitter is a great pick by the Spurs. He can stay in europe for a year and come over next season to be a ready made recruit for the already potent Spurs.

It's almost 4am. I think I'll go to bed. Hopefully when I wake tomorrow I will find that the Kings made some sort of trade. I don't dislike Hawes, but I dislike the pick. We will all look back in a few years and wish we had taken Thad Young and Julian Wright. Hold me to it.

Jason Richardson just got traded for Brandan Wright.

Nice move by the Warriors. The Bobcats have tons of cap space and they waste it on Richardson?

Nice job MJ, way to validate the fact that you're a horrible GM

Oh and by the way its official, we get to keep Aaron Brooks.

It was ADELMAN, who made the choice. He wanted Brooks.

ok Adelman, you BETTER BE RIGHT.

I'm also assuming that other trades have to be in the works. No sane team has 7 point guards.

piksi

Hall of Famer
It's almost 4am. I think I'll go to bed. Hopefully when I wake tomorrow I will find that the Kings made some sort of trade. I don't dislike Hawes, but I dislike the pick. We will all look back in a few years and wish we had taken Thad Young and Julian Wright. Hold me to it.
Your day will start with a disappointment

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Jason Richardson just got traded for Brandan Wright.

Nice move by the Warriors. The Bobcats have tons of cap space and they waste it on Richardson?

Nice job MJ, way to validate the fact that you're a horrible GM
I might just jump across the way to the Warriors.

Nor really though...But still...Look at their frontcourt!

Jealous...

Y

y2kings

how many BIGS Are they going to draft in portland1!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!!! this is so annoying. they have to trade away some of them...this is becoming ridiculous

Philadelphia:
Thad Young, Jason Smith, Kyryolo Fesenko.

A;SLDKJF;ALKJSD; ;LAKSJD;F A;SLKDJF;L AKS;DLF KA;LSKDFJ ;ALKSJDF ;LK JA;LSKDJ F;ALKJS FD;LKAJS;DFL KJA;SLDFKJ ;ALKSJ F;LKAF DS

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Philadelphia:
Thad Young, Jason Smith, Kyryolo Fesenko.

A;SLDKJF;ALKJSD; ;LAKSJD;F A;SLKDJF;L AKS;DLF KA;LSKDFJ ;ALKSJDF ;LK JA;LSKDJ F;ALKJS FD;LKAJS;DFL KJA;SLDFKJ ;ALKSJ F;LKAF DS

AND Koppenon.

Its completely amazing. They had our entire draft.

Liek I say, my #2 team...maybe time I renew old acquaintances. ;)

S

sactownfan

Acie Law and Spencer Hawes are best to be avoided. Both are viewed as late-lottery picks, but they look like solid second-rounders from here. Hawes has an unimpressive rebound rate, which is a huge red flag considering he was bigger than everyone he played against. And for all the talk of his great post skills, he had a run-of-the-mill 55.0 true shooting percentage and didn't even have the best PER on his mediocre team (that belonged to Jon Brockman). A lot of folks think he can become a quality pro post player; based on his numbers, I just don't see it. ESPN