[CLE/DET] Eastern Conference Finals discussion

Who will win the Eastern Conference Title?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Billups should be suspended for that shoulder to Anderson's face. If you got it Tivoed I recommend you go back and watch that. Billups never even reached for the ball just lowered his shoulder and BOOOM

Superstar stud in LA crys about needing a better team arround him to win... Superstar in Cleveland playing with what is at best a similar complement of help puts the tema on his back for the season and keeps it up in the finals. Quite a study in character. Props to Lebron on just an incredable job. I still say Pistons close the deal.

Billups should be suspended for that shoulder to Anderson's face. If you got it Tivoed I recommend you go back and watch that. Billups never even reached for the ball just lowered his shoulder and BOOOM
i was surprised nothing was called. that looked like it would have knocked a normal person out.

If this Lebron is here to stay Cleveland will barrel through Detroit & could very well take down the Spurs. That was flat out amazing. You knew he was going to take the shot everytime, and yet you just can't stop him ....

D*mn. I hope Detroit can pull this out. I would love to see Webb take a shot at a ring. He played well tonight, just a bummer this one goes down as an L.
Right there with you, although I doubt the Spurs give up not one, not two, not three, but four crunch time open looks at the rim. Someone on the Pistons needed to step up and wrap Lebron up, and they didn't do it on any of those possessions (particularly the first two dunks in regulation --- Maxiell should've just reached out and fouled Lebron as his ankles were being broken, and Prince should've wrapped him up as well).

Oh well, sometimes superduperstars will have games like that where they will not be denied. As much as I hate it happening to the Pistons and CWebb tonight, it was good to see from Lebron --- now if he can just put forth this type of effort night in and night out, he can truly become King James.

Last edited:
Again, if James is making the same shots he made tonight, the Cavs would beat the 96 bulls.

It was just a night where he took multiple circus shots over double teams and made them all.

Amen to that.

I was pretty young when Jordan was romping through the league, so this performance by LeBron and some of Wade's last year are definitely going to stick.

I am disappointed with some of Detroit's defense though.
Yea...no doubt the performance was increbile, but the defense was embarrassing. Saunders honestly doesn't impress me very much as a coach.

This Lebron guy might be pretty good next year. We should trade Artest for him. :)
I was thinking that it wouldn't take Artest, just Kenny Thomas to get us Lebron. Imagine what their front office could do with the ultimate "flexible piece." :D

All in all- absolutely AMAZING performance by Lebron. Haven't seen something like that in a playoff game since Jordan...

Again, if James is making the same shots he made tonight, the Cavs would beat the 96 bulls.

It was just a night where he took multiple circus shots over double teams and made them all.
Because the only team better than the 2007 Pistons are the 96 Bulls ?

And I don't know why people are so surprised by this... LeBron had a couple of similar 1 vs 5 moments in the last year's series where he would go to the hoop at will. Pistons had Ben Wallace then and he was still finishing strong around the hoop. That was actually the first time that I have seen one player dominate the game since Shaq and Jordan.

Last edited:
Superstar stud in LA crys about needing a better team arround him to win... Superstar in Cleveland playing with what is at best a similar complement of help puts the tema on his back for the season and keeps it up in the finals. Quite a study in character. Props to Lebron on just an incredable job. I still say Pistons close the deal.
Scary that LeBron is only 22 years old.:eek:

Whee, Cavs take the lead and Pistons are in deep trouble.

Have they already started printing pictures of The Switch on milk cartons in Motown? :D

you know the funny thing is, if the pistons lose this series, i'll be here to take my medicine like a man.

But if the Pistons come back to win the series, this bandwagoner won't be seen or heard from again, at least not in this thread.

I have little respect for cowards, which is why I don't take anything this guy says seriously.

If the Cavs win I'm not watching the Finals but I'll be rooting for the Spurs. I hate Cleveland.
I'll be watching the Finals hoping Lebron continues his magical run. I'm not a huge Spurs fan or Cavs fan, but Lebron somehow winning the Finals with this team over the Spurs would indeed be magical.

you know the funny thing is, if the pistons lose this series, i'll be here to take my medicine like a man.

But if the Pistons come back to win the series, this bandwagoner won't be seen or heard from again, at least not in this thread.

I have little respect for cowards, which is why I don't take anything this guy says seriously.
Was this directed at me? I've been - more or less actively - supporting Cavs since back when Z got there. It kind of died down a bit when they got LeBron (funny as it might sound, but that was my feeling at the time), but it's still there and this is what I've been waiting a long time for. Guess that makes me a bandwagoner then. Oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really cool to see that we might have a new consensus "Best player in the NBA," and one that is a much better character guy than Kobe. Tonight LeBron beat anything Kobe has ever done in the playoffs.

Also it's worth mentioning that he put the team on his back and won this thing, but he is known to trust his teammates as well, scrubby as they may be. In fact he was getting criticism for being too unselfish after game one.

I also admired that he didn't do it from the line, as a lot of new-style superstars tend to do. This performance would have been the same performance before rule changes made it so easy to just be agressive going to the hoop with little chance to make a shot and get a call.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I also admired that he didn't do it from the line, as a lot of new-style superstars tend to do. This performance would have been the same performance before rule changes made it so easy to just be agressive going to the hoop with little chance to make a shot and get a call.
Seriously!! Way to not play like Wade!

... and doing it with very little help. I've never bought into the LeBron hype, but that was an amazing performance last night.

I still can't help but look at the rosters of the Cavs and Spurs though and think that the Cavs are just gonna get chewed up in the Finals (should they make it that is).

Cavaliers have better chance against the Spurs that the Pistons do. With the Pistons, you know exactly what you're going to get and that would not be enough to win more than 1 or 2 games against the Spurs.
If LeBron has games like this... who knows.

LeBron for MVP

Too late now? True enough.

How hard would it be for Dirk to call Stern and say, "Look, we both know who deserves this. You arrange the press conference, and I'll pay for the postage. Deal?"

Absolutely unreal. I've been following the NBA since the early 1970s, and this is right up there with anything Rick Barry, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Michael Jordan or Julius Irving ever did.

And he's 22.

And he's not boring, like Tim Duncan.

This is even more cool that what BD did to Dallas. I'm on the Cav wagon now. Go Cavs!

True justice here would be LeBron winning the Finals MVP.

Congrats to Lebron on a fantastic game:

I do not like this brand of basketball at all. One on one basketball will lead me to watch something else. I much prefer to watch great team play with great passing. But I digress.....Lebron played an elite game last night.

officiating last night: a big thumbs down. This is a serious issue for the league every year and it never seems to get better. The zebras look like they are just guessing at calls down the stretch.

The most important thing about James' performance last night, in my opinion, was that he did a lot of the damage with jump shots. He was hyped as being super athletic and super strong. He could get into the lane, take the punishment, and still finish. He was an excellent passer with great court vision. And of course he could rebound simply due to his size and athleticism.

But the jumpers, with people in his face, with time running down, with the game on the line. That's what sticks with me. The great supertars on offense could just take over, and I didn't think he could truly dominate offensively simply by barrelling towards the rim. Last night he dominated for 15 minutes inside and out. It was fun to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.