Kings @ Clippers Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

piksi

Hall of Famer
It doesn't do any good to get angry. We're Kings fans. We should be used to disappointment by now.

I hope when new Arco is built they make sure and include an Indian shaman to bless the site. I think it's the only real solution to our basic core problem. The Kings are cursed...

:(
does it really have to be every single damn time ?

On top of everything we almost clinched the PO spot for the Lakers:rolleyes:

This is so wrong

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Thanks to this worthless win, it's almost a lock that they'll end up drafting another BPA SF that won't get off the bench much next year. Huge win?
Sure, JB. You KNOW it's all about spoiling another team's chances. I thought it was Grant that said it and not Jerry, but the bottom line is the same.

Blech. Just blech.

does it really have to be every single damn time ?

On top of everything we almost clinched the PO spot for the Lakers:rolleyes:

This is so wrong
And we are close to putting a lock on mediocrity for another year. Yay.

I think our only hope now, lies in getting a much, much better coach. *sigh* We should be so lucky.

This is the most pathetic thread of all time on KF.com.

Supposed "fans" cursing players, cursing the team, saying who they hate when they do something well, all because of the intense desire to lose...just pathetic.

And all in the name of getting to draft 3 or 4 or 5 positions higher...as if that will make or break our future fortunes. :rolleyes:

Muss gets hammered for not substituting for the young guys early, then he gets hammered for for not taking out the young guys performing. Bibby's cooking throughout, he doesn't return. Starters stay on the pine for the entire end run when the Clips came from way back, sheesh...

I mean, I want Muss gone too, but the overblown need to lay blame at someone's feet... come on...

I enjoyed that game and how so many players performed so well.

Will that give us a few less ping pong balls in the bucket? Maybe, maybe not.

Did it cost us a notch or 3 on the draft pick ladder? Maybe, maybe not.

Even if it did, so what...

This team needs to get better by trades in TDOS, not by getting the #7 pick rather than the #11 pick...

Supposed "fans" cursing players, cursing the team, saying who they hate when they do something well, all because of the intense desire to lose...just pathetic.

And all in the name of getting to draft 3 or 4 or 5 positions higher...as if that will make or break our future fortunes. :rolleyes:

Muss gets hammered for not substituting for the young guys early, then he gets hammered for for not taking out the young guys performing. Bibby's cooking throughout, he doesn't return. Starters stay on the pine for the entire end run when the Clips came from way back, sheesh...

I mean, I want Muss gone too, but the overblown need to lay blame at someone's feet... come on...

This team needs to get better by trades in TDOS, not by getting the #7 pick rather than the #11 pick...
Thanks for posting this. I agree with you 100%. Although I don't know if this is "most" pathetic because there have been lots like this lately.

piksi

Hall of Famer

You are kidding - right ?:rolleyes:

piksi

Hall of Famer
We allowed today for Wolves, Knicks and Blazers to get in front of us in the lottery race

Last night we were tied for 7th PO spot - today we are tied for the 11 PO spot. Tomorrow when we woss against the Hornets - hello #13

GIVE ME A BREAK. That pick is the difference between Roy Hibbert(a big man) and some European unknown or SF like Corey Brewer who can't get off the bench. We had NOTHING to play for. This all about the Kings future and we are NOT making the POs so WHY are we winning. 6th/7th teams HAVE won the lottery before, 10/11 teams don't, won't and HAVN'T won the lottery. So EXCUSE ME for hoping we might have some succes before I die instead of more garbage mediocrity.

I really hope you're joking.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Nope, why???

Did I miss something?

Is everyone else here just kidding?
No, we are sick and tired to be mediocre and that is where this win will get us. All we had to look forward this season was a decent pick to provide some hope. This pathetic team can't even do that right. Next season will be just like this. Yay for 30-35 wins.

And I hope You are celebrating the fact that we clinched the PO spot for the Lakers:rolleyes:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
You apparently have no idea what you are talking about, but thanks for chipping in. The difference between #7 and #11 is huge. The difference between a 1 in 4 or 1 in 5 chance at a surefire superstar vs. a 1 in 50 chance equally so.

Trades are simply ONE component of a rebuild. Big draft picks and free agency are the others...except now we have just about completely eliminated those arrows from our aresnal. We have an MLE, and a rapidly dwindling pick. And everything matters now. Every little step back makes it that much harder. And today was a considerable step back. Not only dropping us out of contention for the best picks, but dramatically lowering the value of our pick to potential trading partners.

GIVE ME A BREAK. That pick is the difference between Roy Hibbert(a big man) and some European unknown or SF like Corey Brewer who can't get off the bench. We had NOTHING to play for. This all about the Kings future and we are NOT making the POs so WHY are we winning. 6th/7th teams HAVE won the lottery before, 10/11 teams don't, won't and HAVN'T won the lottery. So EXCUSE ME for hoping we might have some succes before I die instead of more garbage mediocrity.
Oh come on, you act as if the draft is important to a rebuilding team.

Except finishing at #7 would give us a better shot at #1, 2 or 3 pick. Maybe not a lot, but we could use all the help we can get. 7 = 5.3%, 11 = 0.8%. The farther down we finish, the worse our shot at a 1, 2 or 3 pick.

I don't really blame the players for anything, nor do I hate any of them at all. However, I can't say the same for the coach.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
This team needs to get better by making trades AND getting a top pick; don't get it twisted.

We're never going to be able to luck into a trade like the one that got us Webber again... And, lest it be forgotten, we had to trade a #5 pick (who was still playing at a high level at the time) and a #9 pick to get that #1 pick, so let's not pretend that we can really just trade Kenny Thomas and Brad Miller and get back someone that's going to make this team relevant again.

It'd be great if we can get some guys like Mo Williams or Varejao or Milicic in the offseason, but none of those guys are going to make us an elite team again, even if we picked up all three of them. We need to have a Star, capital S, to build around if we're going to be an elite team, and we're not going to get a Star in a trade.

Majority of that game was played by bench players...and Artest.

Musselman is coaching for his job.

Those kids know nothing other then effort and are also playing for their job.

They don't care what pick the Kings get.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985

While all of that is true, you can't blame the fans for caring.

We aren't against winning, we are against being a mediocre border line playoff team for years to come. Those trades are going to be there no matter what happens on the court. The only thing under their control is losing out and increasing the odds of getting a top 3 pick. So in that case, it is more important to have more ping pong balls. I don't have much faith in those trades at this point. The guys being mentioned as trade bait are being viewed as bargain hunting by other teams. We aren't going to get a lot of value out of trading Ron or Mike. The best scenario was to get a lucky bounce in the lottery. That just went from long odds to getting hit by a falling satellite odds. I get no satisfaction out of spoiling other teams playoff hopes.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Well considering we have no money to offer a free agent and we really have nothing to trade for a superstar, the draft would go a long way to helping this team rebuild, if we had a good draft pick.
Vlade4GM has been quite vociferously pro-tank/pro-draft for some time now; I'm sure that he/she was being sarcastic.

While all of that is true, you can't blame the fans for caring.
Oh, I'm not...it's just...they're somewhat dammed if they do, dammed if they don't.

Young guys are getting time and doing very well...which ironic enough, is hurting us as well.

The worst part is it took the staff 78 games to figure it out.

We'd most likely be celebrating our locking up of a playoff spot today, not being upset over a win knocking us further back in the lotto had they had some smarts.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

Okay, here's how I view it:

I'm glad the kids played well. I really am. Unfortunately, this was a game that we did NOT need to win. It doesn't do a thing for us. Do I hate the players for trying to win? No. It's not about hating a player.

The people here may not be voicing their opinions in a manner you would like, but they're fans. And they have tried desperately to find something to be happy about. At this point, a lot of them have tied their hopes for the future to the draft pick as have, by the way, a good number of people on the inside of Maloof Sports.

I think the main frustration is that if we can see this kind of effort NOW, then why couldn't we see it when it might have made a difference?

This is a message board. People voice frustrations. Can you honestly say you aren't frustrated about the product we watched for most of this year?

IMHO that kind of comment doesn't help anyone or do anything to further discussion.

It's not about an intense desire to lose. It's about an intense desire to have something in the future to look forward to.

You might not agree with how some of these people feel, but they're not alone, 1kingzfan. A top draft pick would go a long way towards restoring some people's faith in the team. AND it might well mean the difference between more sellouts and a lot of unsold seats in the stands.

So, please. You can disagree all you like but please avoid passing judgment on people simply because they voice their frustrations about what I think everyone can agree is a very disappointing Kings season.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat

Well aware of all that...and screw the little ****s.

Mentioned before, there is not ONE person in that entire lockerroom who a) can be sure they wil;l be back next year; and b) who shares the interests of the franchise at this moment. Not one. They all have selfish interests, personal goals that all make sense for them. But not for us. And they are pursuing those personal goals at our expense. Only people thinking about the long term future of the franchise at this point should be the fans, and maybe Geoff, if he's definitely coming back. We're the ones who have to live with the results of our merry band playing for personal pride, their next contract, whatever.

I knew I'd be peeing on the KF.com tank-parade with my remarks, but that's how I feel.

I have not calculated the odds, like some here, of how much better a #7 vs. a #11 is, knowing that there's no way you CAN calculate them...all subjective and a matter of opinion.

If we were "fighting" for a top 3 vs #11, the case is easily made without quoting baseless and meaningless odds.

With our "competition" down at #5, the realistic lowest tanking level, that was going to be a tough one, regardless...and maybe there's another Dwayne Wade sitting there this year, but maybe not...

If you wanted to tank today to increase our odds by a couple or few % of the big hit with an Oden or Durant defy-the-odds ping pong ball pull, well so be it, but it's not very much more of a chance.

I'm not here to change your minds, but I think the "hate" and cursing statements about your supposed team were out of line.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

Mentioned before, there is not ONE person in that entire lockerroom who a) can be sure they wil;l be back next year; and b) who shares the interests of the franchise at this moment. Not one. They all have selfish interests, personal goals that all make sense for them. But not for us. And they are pursuing those personal goals at our expense. Only people thinking about the long term future of the franchise at this point should be the fans, and maybe Geoff, if he's definitely coming back. We're the ones who have to live with the results of our merry band playing for personal pride, their next contract, whatever.
I actually think the kids are also playing for that most emotional of reasons - spite.

What I'm seeing is people saying "See? If you would have played me all year, you would have been much better off!!!" In fact, Garcia as much as said so in his actions on the court today.

And it's spite, unfortunately, against the martinet who allowed the kids way too few minutes back when things still mattered.

That's my two cents, anyway...

:)

I don't disagree with that.

But, the players don't care...I'm not sure any player on any team would really care.

They play to win...thats their mindset.

Effort is varied from player to player, but, their goal is to win.

Guys like Williams, Price, Douby, Garcia, they're playing for a roster spot on a new team/starting slot/more time...so obviously they're going to go play hard as they can...and that tends to end with good results.

If I'm Williams or Price, that's what I'm trying to do. I want a contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.