Magic @ Kings Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ESPN praised the Magic for their big 3-0 start to this road trip saying it's hard to win at Utah, Seattle and Portland. Um, well. I'll say it's now hard to win at Utah, but Seattle and Portland? Are they kidding?

Now, if the Clippers can beat the Magic, there's no reason on earth that we shouldn't win tonight.

The Magic don't have the shooters that the Mavs have nor the defense of the Spurs.

If Artest is healthy and if Brad starts (PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!) then we should be able to win without a lot of trouble.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
ESPN praised the Magic for their big 3-0 start to this road trip saying it's hard to win at Utah, Seattle and Portland. Um, well. I'll say it's now hard to win at Utah, but Seattle and Portland? Are they kidding?

Now, if the Clippers can beat the Magic, there's no reason on earth that we shouldn't win tonight.

The Magic don't have the shooters that the Mavs have nor the defense of the Spurs.

If Artest is healthy and if Brad starts (PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!) then we should be able to win without a lot of trouble.
The Clippers beat the Magic because, 1) western conference > eastern conference, and 2) at this point in their respective careers, Clippers starting 5 >>> Magic starting five. That's not likely to be true five years from now, and possibly not two years from now, but it's true today.

As far as "the Clippers can beat them, so it should be easy for us," we mostly beat the Clippers because they have the kind of mind control over us that Smokey had on Deebo; when they're not playing us, they're actually a pretty good team... The Magic, on the other hand, don't have such an affliction, and strong bigs have been our kryptonite for quite some time...

The Clippers beat the Magic because, 1) western conference > eastern conference, and 2) at this point in their respective careers, Clippers starting 5 >>> Magic starting five. That's not likely to be true five years from now, and possibly not two years from now, but it's true today.

As far as "the Clippers can beat them, so it should be easy for us," we mostly beat the Clippers because they have the kind of mind control over us that Smokey had on Deebo; when they're not playing us, they're actually a pretty good team... The Magic, on the other hand, don't have such an affliction, and strong bigs have been our kryptonite for quite some time...
I'm not so sure the Clippers are "a pretty good team" whether or not they are playing us at ARCO.

Nor do I give a lot of weight to the Magic beating the Sonics and Blazers as ESPN did.

The Magic are playing better than last year, although as I recall, they started out strong last year and fizzled. I think Howard is a beast, but I'm taking in their roster as a whole and not seeing much we should fear.

Howard had a season high 23 rebounds in Memphis and they lost. Last time I checked, Memphis didn't have Gasol nor someone that could stop Howard but Memphis still won.

So if Howard gets 18 rebounds, who else on that team will get any?

I don't think the magic is a weak team, but I do think we should beat them with no excuses.

Actually, the Clippers didn't just beat the Magic, they pretty much blew them out last night.

Now that could be trouble if the Magic feel they need to redeem themselves.

We just can't come out flat tonight. And PLEASE!!! Let Artest be able to play.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I'm not so sure the Clippers are "a pretty good team" whether or not they are playing us at ARCO.
That's your prerogative. You're wrong, but that's your prerogative.

Nor do I give a lot of weight to the Magic beating the Sonics and Blazers as ESPN did.
You misinterpreted that remark by ESPN; it's a great start precisely because they beat Utah. If you start a road trip 3-0, and one of those games are against the team with the best record in the league, then it IS a great start, even if the other two teams you played are in the d-league.

The Magic are playing better than last year, although as I recall, they started out strong last year and fizzled.
The Magic were above .500 for exactly twenty four hours, all of last season. They started the season 0-3, and were 7-10 after 18 games. So... no.

... I think Howard is a beast, but I'm taking in their roster as a whole and not seeing much we should fear...
How about the fact that they have a rising talented young point guard, and a real point guard coming off the bench? How about the fact that they have two do-everything veteran swingmen? How about the fact that they can line up two guys that each average 2+ blocks a game to erase the piddling interior game that we have?

Howard had a season high 23 rebounds in Memphis and they lost. Last time I checked, Memphis didn't have Gasol nor someone that could stop Howard but Memphis still won.
There was also a game where he only had eight rebounds against Denver (a decidedly better team) and won... so, what's your point?

So if Howard gets 18 rebounds, who else on that team will get any?
If Howard gets 18+ rebounds, who else needs to get any?

I don't think the magic is a weak team, but I do think we should beat them with no excuses.
And I think that you are 1) grossly underestimating them, and 2) grossly overestimating us.

That's your prerogative. You're wrong, but that's your prerogative.

You misinterpreted that remark by ESPN; it's a great start precisely because they beat Utah. If you start a road trip 3-0, and one of those games are against the team with the best record in the league, then it IS a great start, even if the other two teams you played are in the d-league.

The Magic were above .500 for exactly twenty four hours, all of last season. They started the season 0-3, and were 7-10 after 18 games. So... no.

How about the fact that they have a rising talented young point guard, and a real point guard coming off the bench? How about the fact that they have two do-everything veteran swingmen? How about the fact that they can line up two guys that each average 2+ blocks a game to erase the piddling interior game that we have?

There was also a game where he only had eight rebounds against Denver (a decidedly better team) and won... so, what's your point?

If Howard gets 18+ rebounds, who else needs to get any?

And I think that you are 1) grossly underestimating them, and 2) grossly overestimating us.
That's your prerogative. You're wrong, but that's your prerogative. :rolleyes:

If we can't beat the Magic, then we're a lot worse off than I hoped.

Actually, I was thinking of the year before when they got Christie from us. And then went downhill from all their injuries.

Last year, they sucked the entire season. My mistake.

That's your prerogative. You're wrong, but that's your prerogative. :rolleyes:

If we can't beat the Magic, then we're a lot worse off than I hoped.
Have you watched any Magic games this year? BTW they are a different team this year then the start of last year. They went like 16-6(post Darko trade) at the end of last season and are 13-5 the start of this year. They are no push over that is for sure. If we stick to the game plan(zone deffense) then we will do damage.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Its a back to back for the Magic, so maybe they will be a bit tired. Then again, since they got blown out last night, the only guy who logge major miuntes was Howard, and he's 20. Not sure you get tired legs at 20 no matter what you do. But they're young -- maybe the blowout can shake their confidence a bit.

Think our bhst chance is that the Magic have weak perimeter defenders. Mike and Kevin may be able to have big nights, just so long as they politely stay out of the lane and shoot jumpers rather than pad the Magic's shotblocking stats.

I say that we will win tonight. Of course, I have said that before every game.:eek: Oh well, I still think we are going to win!!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.