Kings @ Bucks Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have they given any updates on his wrist? what exactly is wrong with it?
Actually Muss said last night they are concerned with it. They have examined it and tested and can't seem to figure out what's wrong. They are concerned becasue it isn't getting better. Post-game last night, Muss says Bibby has had trouble just catching the ball in practice. Its that bad.

I forgot about Christie's bout with the plantar fasciitis. Ugly and very painful problem. Unfortunately, the primary cure for it is rest, altho that ultrasound treatment is an option. Works sometimes and sometimes doesn't.

Perhaps its better if you don't know. If you really want to know it went something like this (3rd quarter)---Bucks hit a 3, kings travel, Bogut with a layup, Ron misses a 30 footer, Bucks with another 3, Bibby misses, ally oop to charlie V, kings timeout and a miss after, another 3 for the bucks, SAR travels and so forth...
Did you notice that our team was hit with those "cheapy" travel calls all night and they didn't get called once?

KMoney got called once. SAR got called twice (or was it 3 times). Miller got called on it once.

It's really a foolish thing to call. I know technically it's the rule, but these guys have been playing this way for years now. It's killing the game. Call the TRAVELS ... like Karl Malone taking 5 steps before his shots. That's what needed to be called ... not the ticky start dribble travels. Those don't impact the play.

OK. I did not get to watch or listen to this one. I just got home and saw that score. I read through VF's PBP (THANKS!) and looked at some posts in this thread. From what I can see, we lost it in the third qtr. Other than Brad being out, what else was different? Were the shots just not falling or did they revert back to one-on-one like the other night? Basically, what in the world happened?
Played really well in the 1st half, used the post, kicked it out every thing was clicking. Then in the second half we jack up j's, stoped using the post. To make matters worst Brad went down, so with no back up centers, sar and thomas had to guard Bogut and they could kill. And also add they could not miss in the 3rd qt was also a problem.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Umm.

I saw a period of time where K9 was playing center.

That is where I draw the line.

Especially when going against 7 foot Andrew Bogut, 6-10 Villanueva, and 6-9 Skinner on the floor all at once...There size is what seperated us...Then add the dead on shooting that followed, but every miss was recovered by a Milwaukee big...

We need bigs...Badly...And not 6'7 bigs, 7 foot bigs...

ugh...Ugly game.

ahhh the ups and downs of the season.

i just realized i've been waiting about 7 months for this. this is what it's all about.

go kings! :D

good night to all. :)

Did you notice that our team was hit with those "cheapy" travel calls all night and they didn't get called once?

KMoney got called once. SAR got called twice (or was it 3 times). Miller got called on it once.

It's really a foolish thing to call. I know technically it's the rule, but these guys have been playing this way for years now. It's killing the game. Call the TRAVELS ... like Karl Malone taking 5 steps before his shots. That's what needed to be called ... not the ticky start dribble travels. Those don't impact the play.
I wasn't counting, but I know they called at least one traveling call on the Bucks. It was after we'd pretty much ceded the game, tho. It was noticed last year that SAR has a problem dragging his pivot foot. He was called on it last year on occasion.

Not trying to star this whole KT thing again ... but what is Muss' obsession with him?

When Muss pulled SAR in the first half, he was on fire and had only played 9 minutes. He had 6 rebounds, 10 points in 9 minutes. What was the reason for this move?

Then in the second half, sitting SAR so KT could body up Bogut?

I just don't understand those calls. I don't know what Muss thinks KT is bringing us.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Not trying to star this whole KT thing again ... but what is Muss' obsession with him?

When Muss pulled SAR in the first half, he was on fire and had only played 9 minutes. He had 6 rebounds, 10 points in 9 minutes. What was the reason for this move?

I just don't understand those calls. I don't know what Muss thinks KT is bringing us.
Neither of them could contain Bogut, though...

Muss was going hobbit to counter their big line-up, whcih failed misserably.

K9 at center is where the line needs to be drawn.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
I haven't read through all the posts here but got home to catch part of the second Q and all of the second half.

We need a backup center. Bad. Our PF playing center just can't keep big guys from getting position low and then they are too short to challenge any shots.

Ugh.

i liked the spark Price brought. Mike needs to rest the wrist and get healthy. Play PG by platoon for a couple games and give Mike some bench time.

Just win on Monday, though, 'cause I'm going to be there. :D

piksi

Hall of Famer
\

Oh god no! Nor should they be expected to.

They needed to zone him out or double on him. The problem was Redd was scorching ... so we were in a conundrum.
Doubling Bogut doesn't really sound like a successful strategy. Sounds jest like doubling KT.

Doubling Bogut doesn't really sound like a successful strategy. Sounds jest like doubling KT.
Bogut is no joke. He's young, but he's good.

He's coming alive this year and continued to do so against us.

You double him because there was a crazy mismatch. Bogut has enough talent to expose that.

The only way you have that type of mismatch with KT is if the opponent had a team of Mike Bibby's.

Considering this was a back2back game and we had play our asses off to win the Chicago game i wouldn't put to much stock on this game however Ron's offense is one of the worst i've seen he should stop shooting its painful.

hmm i agree with you on that JOKER.. he needs to stop shooting outside and go INSIDE.. i dont know why ARTEST wont use his BIG body to go inside.. :confused:

i was watchin in NBA LEAGUE PASS and even the Bucks commentators suggested for him to go inside...

BMiller52 said:
What did Muss say after the game?
What do you actually expect him to say? Ron Artest is hurting us right now and i hope he realizes this sooner then later.

Eric Musselman needs to use Ron in a propert way if i see another bad game from Ron ( shooting-wise ) & efficiency-wise i'm gonna stick a needle in my eye and suffer. :mad:

What do you actually expect him to say? Ron Artest is hurting us right now and i hope he realizes this sooner then later.​

Eric Musselman needs to use Ron in a propert way if i see another bad game from Ron ( shooting-wise ) & efficiency-wise i'm gonna stick a needle in my eye and suffer. :mad:

And I still want to know what he said, you didn't answer my question...

BMiller52 said:
And I still want to know what he said, you didn't answer my question...
Same thing he always says every game. i'm not sure if this is a adjustment period for him and he needs time to get this team going because Ron seems horrible in his offensive game and even though he was never a pure shooter his shooting % right now must be 30-35% right now, again i'm curious if Ron is just having a bad game... in general or hes still adjusting to Erics coaching either way its not looking good.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You didn't hear Musselman's interview, did you Joker?

And it wasn't what he says every game. You're making a big mountain out of something you obviously know NOTHING about.

Same thing he always says every game. i'm not sure if this is a adjustment period for him and he needs time to get this team going because Ron seems horrible in his offensive game and even though he was never a pure shooter his shooting % right now must be 30-35% right now, again i'm curious if Ron is just having a bad game... in general or hes still adjusting to Erics coaching either way its not looking good.​

How come we're always hearing you say how the sky is falling and Ron's a scrub and we're the worst team ever and the team'll be lucky if they get 5 wins. I asked a question.

VF what did Muss say?

Piksi-awesome job as always
I've been catching up reading the game threads and I'm sitting here with tears rolling down my face, I'm laughing so hard. Great work, I forgot how much I missed "piksimism";)

You will notice this post was ignored:

It's getting really, really old!

Status
Not open for further replies.