good things about not signing bonzi

F

Fillmoe

more time to develop douby, garcia and possibly salmons... kevin martin gets to show us what he can do with starter minutes....

i honestly think garcia and douby are gonna turn out to be really good. garcia showed us that he can play good perimeter defense and block shots with his long arms... douby is a lethal jump shooter... has really good range...

I think Martin will get the start and salmons will be playing back pg, sg, and sf. He will be the floater. We definately have depth at our wings. All we need know is a solid back up center and I am excited about the upcoming season.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Another good thing about not signing Bonzi? All the question about allowing Kevin to show his full potential have now been removed. And, should he continue to develop the way we think he will, we won't be faced with having to sign him as a FA with an aging Wells sitting there.

I definitely like our swing/guard rotation with Bibby, Martin and Artest starting; Garcia and Salmons taking most of the backup minutes, and Douby and Price getting more and more time as they develop.

A lot of quickness and versitility. And as VF said, Muss was high on Salmons. Could be useful for the defensive press and other schemes he may have in mind. I'm optimistic.

As for the frontcourt? Well, that's another story...

A bit pre-mature isn't it? There's still a ton of time left in the off-season, and who knows how the team will look on opening night.
that's what i said last season when we got hart and decided to keep the philly trio.

i'm converting to piksimism for the upcoming season.

that's what i said last season when we got hart and decided to keep the philly trio.

i'm converting to piksimism for the upcoming season.
Um, Hart was not given a good oppurtunity here by Adelman. His defense and hustle was not valued by Adelman becuase he didn't fit into the offense, and lacked it.

We have a new coach with a new mind-set.

No one knows how Salmons will turn out for us.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Hmm..good things...the proper approach to clearing up a minutes crunch amongst multiple talented players at the same position is to intentionally replace that talent with overpriced less talented players so that there is no longer any debate. That is how you get good in this league. :rolleyes:

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Well, at least agents know that when Geoff is pulling a deal off the table he means business.
There may be a LOT of truth in this. GP and the Maloofs may well have wanted Bonzi's agent and others to take note that when they say final offer it's not a bluff. Sucks today but may be invaluable down the road.:cool:

^^And if that is part of the reason, then good for GP and the Maloofs. Get more teams to do this, maybe there would be a whole lot less overpaid players. As far as I'm concerned, GP was plenty patient....Bonzi and/or his agent jerked the team around long enough. As for a S&T, why be bullied into spending a lot of money on junk.