Training Camp 2024

Hopefully that's the case. I can't wait for Carter to get back on the floor, the potential of a Keon, Carter, and Keegan combo on defense is going to be nutty.
Totally with you on this. I'm eager to see Carter in action and beyond bummed that it's going to be a while til that happens.

Those three could form a nice defensive trio. And of course Swipa is no slouch on that end either.

This is off topic, but since the Kings and Lakers play a week from today, in the last preseason game: Bronny James has to be the most overhyped draft pick in years. He played 6 minutes against the Bucks, missed all four shots, and was -12. Against Phoenix, he missed his only shot, had 4 turnovers and 3 fouls in 13 minutes, and was -16 on the night. Yikes.

Last edited:
This off topic, but since the Kings and Lakers play a week from today, in the last preseason game: Bronny James has to be the most overhyped draft pick in years. He played 6 minutes against the Bucks, missed all four shots, and was -12. Against Phoenix, he missed his only shot, had 4 turnovers and 3 fouls in 13 minutes, and was -16 on the night. Yikes.
I don’t think most people have hyped him up at all. It’s been the other way around. Anyone who remotely knows basketball understands he’s only there because of who his dad is. Most people have called for him to go to the G league and rightfully so, he’s not even close to ready. If you ask me, he’s not an NBA talent.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don’t think most people have hyped him up at all. It’s been the other way around. Anyone who remotely knows basketball understands he’s only there because of who his dad is. Most people have called for him to go to the G league and rightfully so, he’s not even close to ready. If you ask me, he’s not an NBA talent.
Trying to view Bronny objectively (which is tough) I'd say he's definitely an NBA talent, but that he should have returned for his sophomore year. Undersized SGs who aren't elite shooters generally have a tough road to carving out an NBA career. James is an above average athelete and with the tools and mindset to be a good defender, but if he were any other prospect he would have been told by his college coaches and NBA front offices to go back to school and work on his ballhandling and shooting.

Whether he can develop those in the G league and NBA to the point where he can hang on an NBA roster after LeBron retires remains to be seen.

Trying to view Bronny objectively (which is tough) I'd say he's definitely an NBA talent, but that he should have returned for his sophomore year. Undersized SGs who aren't elite shooters generally have a tough road to carving out an NBA career. James is an above average athelete and with the tools and mindset to be a good defender, but if he were any other prospect he would have been told by his college coaches and NBA front offices to go back to school and work on his ballhandling and shooting.

Whether he can develop those in the G league and NBA to the point where he can hang on an NBA roster after LeBron retires remains to be seen.
Nope!

The media has hyped him up.

The game against Portland is at 3:00 PT. The team hardly has any chance to practice, with one off day in between games. They really need it. Then comes a whole week before the season opener on October 24.

I am trying to stay even-keeled, knowing that preseason games do not count in the standings, but there are some definite areas of concern thus far: 1) Three-point defense, a carryover from last season 2) Three-point shooting, at only 28.4% 3) End of the bench 4) Turnovers against Portland 5) Reintegration of players who were injured or absent--McLaughlin is an exception.

I am trying to stay even-keeled, knowing that preseason games do not count in the standings, but there are some definite areas of concern thus far: 1) Three-point defense, a carryover from last season 2) Three-point shooting, at only 28.4% 3) End of the bench 4) Turnovers against Portland 5) Reintegration of players who were injured or absent--McLaughlin is an exception.
I think last years problems with length and in attention to detail against bad teams seems to be continuing.

that pick for Huerter could be a steal for Atlanta if they can’t get their crap together.