Kings after Ingram

Think would pass on Brandon Ingram - more consistent offensive game, but average defense.....and some injury issues if I recall. As noted keep in the 'coloring book lines' - use the MLE on someone steady - Unless - another team is just giving a fire-sale type thing.

Looking foward to Carter playing, the new 'Tasmainian Devil'.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
There's an article on Thunder getting the best of the Paul George deal......and history of teams overpaying in draft capital for win-now, that doesn't quite materialize. Too lazy to look it up again....
I believe the Clippers gave up Shai Gilgeous Alexander (this season's MVP runner-up) and 4 first round picks for Paul George. Plus swap rights in two other drafts maybe? And it ended up only being a rental with no Finals appearance to show for it. It seemed like an overpay at the time even before SGA blew up into a superstar. Now it looks like an all-time blunder.

I believe the Clippers gave up Shai Gilgeous Alexander (this season's MVP runner-up) and 4 first round picks for Paul George. Plus swap rights in two other drafts maybe? And it ended up only being a rental with no Finals appearance to show for it. It seemed like an overpay at the time even before SGA blew up into a superstar. Now it looks like an all-time blunder.
Okc definitely won the trade but I think it’s worth acknowledging that The Klaw demanded that PG join him as a condition of his signing. Maybe it was a bluff and he never would have signed with Toronto but I’m guessing most GMs would have made that trade. Two 6’7+ wing shot creators with elite defense is a pretty good bet to build around in the modern NBA. I also don’t think a five year run would be fairly characterized as a rental. Lastly, Okc is in a great position moving forward, maybe even the best, but they have zero finals appearances themselves in the 5 years since that trade.

First off, the 1st two things you mentioned negate the last. It’s not a “run it back” situation, nor was it last season. It’s as if many KINGS fans are under the delusion that half the roster or most the starting lineup has to change for it not to be.

Secondly, have you discussed it with Vivek? Or do you have a close personal contact that has (and shared that info with you)?

If not, you have no idea what Vivek’s thought process is or what he will accept. You’re simply speculating w/o any first hand info to base the your speculation.
Yep, Vivek is my neighbor so we talk regularly.

Of course I’m speculating. Virtually everything on this board is speculation.

The term “run it back” is shorthand for bringing the same core back. I love the Carter pick, but if Carter over Davion is the current roster upgrade then yes, I believe/it’s my opinion/I am speculating/I prayed to the NBA gods and have determined in my specific mind that Vivek will not be happy.

I definitely have mixed feelings on BI. I’ve historically not been a huge fan of his as a 1 or a 1A. He wouldn’t have to be that here so that could look different. The injuries suck. Going from Mr 82 to Mr 55 isn’t super appealing. He doesn’t have the swag that we need in a room full of gamers, readers and chicken breast eaters. With the arrival of the High Friar, maybe we don’t need as much of that. I’m a fan of the go go gadget arms and his work in the midrange. That skill set really diversifies our offense. I don’t love potentially stunting Keegan’s growth but at some point he is just going to need to take it for himself if he is going to reach his ceiling. The talent of all the teams is absurd, we don’t have enough as currently constructed so maybe it’s worth the risk.

I get Ingram comes with warts but so does almost every player in the NBA, and the ones that don’t, we have a close to zero percent chance of obtaining them. At some point, you have to take a swing if you wanna hit big. Fox and Sabonis aren’t getting any younger, the time to win is now.

I do get that Ingram is a bit injury prone, although I’ll point out that two of his sub-65 games played seasons were shortened seasons. So he played 62/72 games twice. Also, if he can be healthy for the Playoffs, I think the roster can sustain Ingram missing games here and there during the regular season.

People are hesitant to pay him but who do you wanna acquire that you would pay? All Stars gets paid the max, and Ingram is a 1x All Star who could easily be a several time All Star but he plays in a historically stacked conference. Gotta pay to win man.

I would love to have BI on the Kings but maybe I feel the Same way I was about Cousins.
I would like to believe if Cousins was not hurt and was missing parts of a season either by penalty or injury we would of broke our play off slump a few years back.

Now having said that we are a better team as we are right now by far than back then.
if we make the trade I sure hope we have the horses to carry us if he becomes hurt.

I have to keep telling myself it's still early in the process. Time will tell if the joke is on me.
Honestly, I'm in a fairly binary place with this off-season. Monte knows he has to make moves, otherwise, it's a failed off-season. I was a big proponent of running it back last year, with how close we were to the 2nd round and our 2 stars were both hurt in that playoff series. But we stalled out, it didn't work and we just can't try to run it back for a third season.

-Brown extension was huge
-Monk for pennies on the dollar was huge
-Carter is a home-run pick.

But if nothing else major happens, you just can't give this off-season any sort of successful grade.

DLo definitely has a legitimate source but I wish they would just say who we are in trade discussions for instead of the cryptic message. There is nothing to “work on.” Ask your source, confirm and relay the info.
Yeah, for better or for worse, the radio guys (Dave is just as bad) don’t see themselves as traditional journalists so they throw this kind of stuff out there. It would be nice if the Bee still had someone like Amick to do some actual reporting, but the next good scoop Jason Anderson gets will be the first as far as I can tell, so this is what we’re left with.

Yeah, for better or for worse, the radio guys (Dave is just as bad) don’t see themselves as traditional journalists so they throw this kind of stuff out there. It would be nice if the Bee still had someone like Amick to do some actual reporting, but the next good scoop Jason Anderson gets will be the first as far as I can tell, so this is what we’re left with.
The more I know, the more disappointed I will be when it falls through. Of course I love the rumors, but at this point I’m just curious what actually happens….because SOMETHING will be happening (if not today then I would think soon).

Throwing out the years he played the most (his rookie year) and the least, the average number of games played per year over the five remaining years is 58, or 70% of the season.
Plus two of those seasons where he played just over 60 games are the Covid shortened seasons that were only about 70 games. So that’s very good attendance there

Naw we’re all just being played. “Trade discussions” LOL
As is tradition in Sacramento.

Less than 1 in 20 "discussed" trades finally happen. A lot of things have to align at the right time for a trade to be executed. It also doesn't help that Sacramento is typically viewed as a fallback plan and our offers are used to drive up player valuations in FA and trades.

Really not a fan of Ingram on this team.
  • I don’t like his mentality and energy (especially for someone who is supposed to be one of your stars/leaders).
  • Brown has been emphasizing physicality and toughness. Ingram strikes me as the exact opposite of that type of player
  • Ingram takes the majority of his shots between 0-16ft which isn’t an ideal offensive fit considering how Fox & Sabonis like to score/attack. I’d prefer someone who is more perimeter oriented to complement those guys
  • Ingram’s size/strength will likely push Murray to PF which I’m not in favor of. Sabonis is already below average length-wise at C. I’d prefer to have a bigger and longer PF next to him to help cover those weaknesses
  • Ingram is not really known for his defense. He’s probably average at best.
  • Ingram misses a fair amount of games each season.
  • He’s reportedly seeking a max extension but isn’t a max level player. Would hate to be in the position of having to pay him the max or lose him for nothing
I agree here. I think the two biggest drawbacks are pushing Murray a bit out of position at the 4 and him missing 25-50% of the games every single season.

On his own he's a really good player but his warts don't get covered up by the rest of our roster very well.

Less than 1 in 20 "discussed" trades finally happen. A lot of things have to align at the right time for a trade to be executed. It also doesn't help that Sacramento is typically viewed as a fallback plan and our offers are used to drive up player valuations in FA and trades.
IMG_3816.jpeg

Thinking if we pull off a trade Monte’s face will become my sig. if not I’m going with this…

by the way if we get Ingram, Laurie or Wiggins by trading Keegan the peanuts pick goes up as I don’t consider it a win.

Vivek hasn't forced anything insane yet, he might be due.

Ok, no more doomer posts from me.

IF we get BI and keep Keegs that Fox/Ellis/Keegan/BI/Domas starting 5 is niiiice.

If I'm the Pels though, why would they go for any deal that doesn't include Keegan? HB and Huerter are garbo and our 1st rounders (which we can't even trade, right?) are gonna be mid round until the late '20s (hopefully).
Huerter is going to have a nice bounceback year, whether it's with us or not. He's valuable in this league and is gonna prove it again next year.

Is that 1/20 an actual number, or is that conjecture?

Totally agree!

I'm just unsure getting BI without giving up Keegan is within the realm of possibility, unless the Pels hired Vlade as GM and I missed the announcement?

Well, either way we got some excitement around here, and I'd love to eat crow on this one!

Edit: ok considering the fact that BI is an expiring contract I'm gonna allow myself a little hope. Not redacting Vlade catching strays in my post though! :p
“we had a better deal a couple days ago….” (Vlade probably)

Huerter is going to have a nice bounceback year, whether it's with us or not. He's valuable in this league and is gonna prove it again next year.
If he bounces back I certainly hope it's with us! For the trade value if nothing else (this is me being optimistic about Carter earning mucho minutes btw).

Hopefully a bench role with less pressure helps Kevin return to K'Von form. It seems like his issues are all mental, but I still like the guy as he always puts in the effort to make an impact in other ways when his shot isn't falling.