Kings after Ingram

I think it's a ton of smoke personally. I think Kuz is the real target, barring signing Naji.
Why it smoke and not the other way around?

It makes more sense for the KK crap to be false than the BI rumors, as BI is a superior talent and fit.

A good share of the “run it back” naysayers finding the notion of trading for KK appealing remains puzzling to me. That’s making a move for the sake of making a move. And arguable worse than just staying idle.

Ooh, you know the Kings have been linked to Capela for awhile now. Wonder if taking protections off the Kings pick and sending filler would work?
Not sure taking protections off the Atlanta pick would be wise with a good draft class coming up. If somehow, the Kings bomb the next year you want to keep the pick. The year after that, the 1st rounder turns into 2 2nd round picks if somehow the Kings miss the playoffs 2 years in a row.

If Ingram is willing to sign a less than max deal now with the Kings, he may be worth the swing. However, I'm not paying BI max money.
And I’m not paying KK 23M or anything close to it.

I also wouldn’t champion BI at a max money, but if given a choice between bad or worse, I’ll opt for bad.

BI max contract >>> KK at 23M (or any amount really)

There are better options out there than either of those.

Why it smoke and not the other way around?

It makes more sense for the KK crap to be false than the BI rumors, as BI is a superior talent and fit.

A good share of the “run it back” naysayers finding the notion of trading for KK appealing remains puzzling to me. That’s making a move for the sake of making a move. And arguable worse than just staying idle.
Nobody is saying KK is more appealing, just more realistic and those rumors came first. Most likely Washington wanted more so Monte moved on to Ingram even if we don’t have enough to get him but word gets out we are trying making Washington realize whatever our KK offer was is take it or leave it.

Not sure taking protections off the Atlanta pick would be wise with a good draft class coming up. If somehow, the Kings bomb the next year you want to keep the pick. The year after that, the 1st rounder turns into 2 2nd round picks if somehow the Kings miss the playoffs 2 years in a row.
This would be the time to cash in then. If the Kings bomb that means something went horribly wrong. The West just got a little more balanced towards the play in area. Make it unprotected and get this thing done.

And I’m not paying KK 23M or anything close to it.

I also wouldn’t champion BI at a max money, but if given a choice between bad or worse, I’ll opt for bad.

BI max contract >>> KK at 23M (or any amount really)

There are better options out there than either of those.
23 mil for KK is that bad. It’s basically what HB makes and KK is an upgrade from HB

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Didn't anyone watch the Pelicans in the playoffs this year? They got swept in the first round and Ingram was essentially a no-show in all four games. We get one swing at moving all of our assets for a significant talent upgrade. Ingram has some skill in creating off the dribble and if you give him enough shots he'll put points on the board but look at the drawbacks -- his 3pt shooting is all over the place year to year, he's a safe bet to sit out 20 games a year, and his defense is average at best. He's not the guy fam. New Orleans doesn't even want this guy anymore and he's a 26 year old former All-Star.

Can't we just trade Huerter for Isaiah Stewart instead?

Nobody is saying KK is more appealing, just more realistic and those rumors came first. Most likely Washington wanted more so Monte moved on to Ingram even if we don’t have enough to get him but word gets out we are trying making Washington realize whatever our KK offer was is take it or leave it.
Here's the thing, future picks right now are what teams are looking for. The deeper the better. Most teams didn't really want to stockpile '24 picks, the draft wasn't a bad draft at all, but there was no clear superstar that teams saw in the year or so leading up at the top end picks. Now to make a Kuz deal the Kings would have to trade a deep future pick and if rumors were true, maybe 2 of them. Monte most likely doesn't see Kuz as being worth that. Ingram? Sounds like he might be. I would easily say Ingram >> Kuz as a talent.

Didn't anyone watch the Pelicans in the playoffs this year? They got swept in the first round and Ingram was essentially a no-show in all four games. We get one swing at moving all of our assets for a significant talent upgrade. Ingram has some skill in creating off the dribble and if you give him enough shots he'll put points on the board but look at the drawbacks -- his 3pt shooting is all over the place year to year, he's a safe bet to sit out 20 games a year, and his defense is average at best. He's not the guy fam. New Orleans doesn't even want this guy anymore and he's a 26 year old former All-Star.

Can't we just trade Huerter for Isaiah Stewart instead?
Yeah, but they did a little too good scouting players like Jones and Murphy. Everyone has known the Ingram or Murphy standoff was coming. If they don't move Ingram it still is.

Here's the thing, future picks right now are what teams are looking for. The deeper the better. Most teams didn't really want to stockpile '24 picks, the draft wasn't a bad draft at all, but there was no clear superstar that teams saw in the year or so leading up at the top end picks. Now to make a Kuz deal the Kings would have to trade a deep future pick and if rumors were true, maybe 2 of them. Monte most likely doesn't see Kuz as being worth that. Ingram? Sounds like he might be. I would easily say Ingram >> Kuz as a talent.
No doubt Ingram is more talented. But Kuzma more realistic.Hence why now we are hearing NO wants a third team cuz Sac doesn’t have what it takes on our own.