Kings after Ingram

Yes, but someone that is already under contract for a few years in the $18-30 mil/yr range would be better than having to sign BI for something like 4 years $200 mil next off season.

I think the rumor is BI wants the max and that NO is not willing to do that and is why he is being shopped.
There were already signs that Murphy might be up for grabs at some point, but with getting Murray I think they know Ingram is expendable. In making that trade the Pels pushed Jones to the bench. Them having both Jones and Murphy on the bench doesn't seem realistic long term.

Not at this point, but maybe down the line. Ingram is a proven scorer and is a difficult matchup. One of the most difficult to guard when he has it going. His issue has been injuries, but offensively the edge goes to Ingram. Averaged 20-5-5 last season. Nothing to scoff at.
Offensively yes, I agree, but defensively with Keon, Carter, and Keegan the Kings have something unique brewing.

Seriously, let's add a rim protector and play some freaking defense.
And Carter/Keegan have enough combined offensive upside. See what it looks like. I mean, seriously, the only thing I can honestly say that Carter has issues with are potentially being a full time PG (doesn't need to be here) and a little touch. That's it. There isn't anything offensively that he can't do at least somewhat well. He is super well rounded in all facets offensively.

Losing to a team 6 times in a year before the playoffs isn't just an anomaly, it's a record
Ok, so it’s both. Who cares. My point is still valid.

The fact that they played 6x this past season w/o playing head-to-head in a playoff series is in itself an “anomaly”. Which is why it had never happened before, because it was previously mathematically impossible (at least since the 80’s). Had the KINGS had the opportunity to play LAL 2 more times, perhaps they tie the record by going 6-0 again them? But the opportunity wasn’t there.

IIRC, the most a team could play another during the regular season was 5, and that was a long while ago. It’s been a max of 4 games for something like 20-30 years or more. Until this in-season tourney thing was put into place, making it possible (however remote).

Further, I find it hilarious how KINGS fans here and the Nat’l media focused on the KINGS losing 6x to the Pels while in now way shedding the same type of light on the Lakers losing 10 consecutive to Denver before finally winning one this postseason.

Considering how the KINGS fared against the same Pels team in the 2-3 years prior most definitely supports the anomaly argument. Not that long ago Swipa was averaging 40+ against that same team and winning season series. Things change and will change again.

It’s always been much ado about nothing.

Last edited:
Offensively yes, I agree, but defensively with Keon, Carter, and Keegan the Kings have something unique brewing.
One of our weaknesses is when the DHO is disabled by great defense, we have had issues scoring reliably. We don’t get to the line much and when we do, we aren’t great at that either. Those aren’t qualities you want to have if you have aspirations of a deep playoff run. Ingram would help in those scenarios, there’s no question about that.

One of our weaknesses is when the DHO is disabled by great defense, we have had issues scoring reliably. We don’t get to the line much and when we do, we aren’t great at that either. Those aren’t qualities you want to have if you have aspirations of a deep playoff run. Ingram would help in those scenarios, there’s no question about that.
I know, I've been preaching that for awhile now myself and while that's true, but so might Carter. The things he did at the rim in college typically actually wind up more in favor of a player at the NBA level since there is no defensive 3 second rule in college and the spacing is better in the NBA. If Monte can get Ingram for Huerter/Barnes/future picks go for it. Anything more is a no, or should be.

I also wonder if this info was linked to put pressure on Washington as far as Kuzma goes. We were linked to trade rumors with Kuzma like 4 days ago and then it went quiet.
It went quiet when the Kings saw Devin Carter sitting there at 13. Maybe they can find some other deal but it sounded like the Kings were making the choice as to whether or not they traded for Kuz or Cam Johnson.

One of our weaknesses is when the DHO is disabled by great defense, we have had issues scoring reliably. We don’t get to the line much and when we do, we aren’t great at that either. .
You’re right. Free throw shooting aside, which isn’t Coach Brown’s fault, the lack of adjustments and/or counters to the DHO being taken away are largely on him and his staff.

You’re right. Free throw shooting aside, which isn’t Coach Brown’s fault, the lack of adjustments and/or counters to the DHO being taken away are largely on him and his staff.
I agree on that front, but two seasons in now with this offense and we have run into this issue repeatedly. It isn’t being fixed so I imagine that Brown doesn’t know how to fix it or we didn’t have the personnel to do so. We need someone to score when the going gets tough. Fox can do it at times, but it becomes mighty obvious what our plan is. He’s also become too attached to the 3 and that’s cost us a game or two as well. Ingram, at minimum, is a threat from all over that the other team absolutely has to respect. It gives us a different look. With Monk, Fox, and Ingram, we have reliable options to get us a bucket when the offense falls apart.

I could give him and his staff the benefit of the doubt that we surely didn't give him all the right tools to succeed. I think we will have a better idea on coach Brown's in-game adjustment this season with better length for him to utilize.

I also wonder if this info was leaked to put pressure on Washington as far as Kuzma goes. We were linked to trade rumors with Kuzma like 4 days ago and then it went quiet.
Or maybe, just maybe those stupid rumors were never actually true to begin with?

A lot of people seem to selectively forget that in today’s climate these writers, bloggers, and podcasters need content to write or talk about on a daily basis so they run with seemingly every little made up rumor in cyberspace to fill the time.

Seriously, how much of the crap you read and hear about ends up happening or ends up being as big a deal as they are positioned? Not very often.

I know, I've been preaching that for awhile now myself and while that's true, but so might Carter. The things he did at the rim in college typically actually wind up more in favor of a player at the NBA level since there is no defensive 3 second rule in college and the spacing is better in the NBA. If Monte can get Ingram for Huerter/Barnes/future picks go for it. Anything more is a no, or should be.
I like Carter, I think he’s going to be our new and improved version of the original DC. Charisma is off the charts and he’s got game, but you can’t expect a rookie to solve a fundamental issue like that by himself. I do agree with you. Huerter, Barnes and picks. Possibly more if he resigns off the rip

I agree on that front, but two seasons in now with this offense and we have run into this issue repeatedly. It isn’t being fixed so I imagine that Brown doesn’t know how to fix it or we didn’t have the personnel to do so.
It’s clearly not a personnel issue. It’s a tactical/strategy issue. None of these players came from DHO only systems in college or while on their previous NBA teams. All of them are capable of playing in a variety of different offensive systems, some more efficiently than others.

There simply has to be a focus of varying up the offensive looks, especially when the opponent proves that they can hit your best pitch consistently. Furthering the baseball analogy, there’s a reason why most pitchers have 3-5 pitches they can throw effectively. Because some players can hit your 100 mph fastball but can’t hit the slider, curveball, or changeup.

The KINGS need to be able to show other pitches and go to them if/when the opponent takes the first pitch away. And that’s largely on the coaching staff to implement and work on. The players are running the sets/action the staff wants them to.

Last edited:
I could give him and his staff the benefit of the doubt that we surely didn't give him all the right tools to succeed. I think we will have a better idea on coach Brown's in-game adjustment this season with better length for him to utilize.
That’s fair in a sense. He came to this org just 2 seasons ago and it surely wasn’t constructed to fit his defensive ideology.

That said, the team did experience a drastic turnaround in year one (for which Brown won COTY) and has managed 2 consecutive winning seasons. So he clearly wasn’t working from an empty cupboard.

He’s got talented enough players to be able to mix things up more than they’ve done when their bread and butter is seriously challenged or taken away.

Or maybe, just maybe those stupid rumors were never actually true to begin with?

A lot of people seem to selectively forget that in today’s climate these writers, bloggers, and podcasters need content to write or talk about on a daily basis so they run with seemingly every little made up rumor in cyberspace to fill the time.

Seriously, how much of the crap you read and hear about ends up happening or ends up being as big a deal as they are positioned? Not very often.
True but I do believe the Kuzma rumors as Monte has been after him in the past and getting him was nearly a done deal, even Kuzma thought he was headed to sac.

I like Carter, I think he’s going to be our new and improved version of the original DC. Charisma is off the charts and he’s got game, but you can’t expect a rookie to solve a fundamental issue like that by himself. I do agree with you. Huerter, Barnes and picks. Possibly more if he resigns off the rip
Solve them? Maybe not. Take a little pressure off of Fox? Yes. And that little bit will go a long way. When it's a team wide skill issue all it takes sometimes is one guy. Another answer could be to give Barnes a little more opportunity. I pointed this out during the year, the reason the Kings dipped so hard on free throws is they pushed Keegan up and Harrison down. I mean, you can see exactly what happened right there in the numbers. Harrison shot about 3 less per game, the Kings shot about 3 less per game. Keegan took 3 more shots and only averaged about 0.6 more free throws over the prior year.