The Salt Mine

I said this earlier somewhere (or maybe just thought it to myself), but this is my take as well, strange as it seems. Agree in particular that the suspension puts more pressure on us. I know it sounds crazy to say that being up 2-0 game three is a must win - but it is - and for both teams. This is gonna be a WILD game. What I absolutely don't want is for it to get to out of hand that a cheap shot comes and injures one of our players. The warriors are a wounded animal on the verge of losing an entire dynasty, also one that is so emotionally weak that they may lash out. This isn't just potentially the end of the year for them - it's the end of a ten year run. I hope the refs talk to both team captains as a precaution to tonight's game. But it's going to get dirty I can promise you that.
I don't agree at all.... I'd love to win game 3, but to say it's a "must win" implies that they cannot win the series without taking game 3. That's just absurd. Pressure is on to pick up one of the next two on the road; however, EVEN if they drop two they are still in this thing. We have home court advantage. Yes, they have an all time great in curry, but they are also a horrendous road team. Can you imagine the freaking out of control insanity a game seven in sac would be? I like our chances in game 7 if it goes to that.

dude12

Hall of Famer
I don’t think there is any pressure on Sac
1. These guys are dogs and between Mike Brown and HB, they have leadership leading the way.
2. As Kendrick Perkins, I think, said….Kings aren’t here to praise GS, they are here to bury them. No way that changes now with all the bulletin board material that has been posted over the entire year and weeks leading to playoffs
3. Sac plays with a chip on its shoulder

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Hot take expert JJ redman is on his podcast back tracking on his refs are biased comments saying he meant the styllleeee of refing favours the kings not that the refs are cheating.

Bro has clearly realised what he's saying is irresponsible and is yet again looking like a total embarrassment on national television.
See he says one thing on ESPN and another on his pod. Not surprised in the least. Guess which one got all the attention and sets the narrative.

Incidentally one more reason I think if they are going to fix a game it will be 4 is because that's the ABC game, and ESPN & Mickeymouse have been much harder on the Kings than the TNT crew.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
And you know he's getting push back from somebody, otherwise he wouldn't be walking back his comments a day later.

Beautiful. Just got to keep shoving it to these guys and calling them on their horrid takes
He said it's "mostly Kings fans". Go to reddit. Nobody except people with Warriors avatars are buying this crap. The whole r/NBA hates the Dubs and they are embarrassed for their complaining. Twitter is a bit of a different story because I think twitter algorithms stir people into arguments and feed them takes they won't like (which is why my twitter feed is full of lunatics from Florida - sorry to any floridians here). And why when I proposed 4 for 5 and Bey last year I got swarmed by Detroit fans telling me I was nuts and Bey was worth 4 by himself.

Reality is he has two different markets. ESPN is for selling a narrative the NBA wants and his podcast is for the actual diehard hoopers who are probably the ones on NBA reddit or other "neutral" forums and nobody in neutral forums is buying this ESPN/FS1 story.

I actually agree with them on this one. It’s been a while, but if memory serves, the playoffs are all about momentum.
There’s no such thing as a must win until a team is actually facing elimination with another loss. That’s factual.

That said, while winning tonight and going up 3-0 would be super nice, it is in no way a “must”.

I mean, didn’t many or most expect this series to go 6 or 7 games to begin with? That means both teams have to win some games.

If the Warriors somehow win tonight, it doesn’t mean the series is over. That’s just silly talk. Thus, tonight is not a must win for the KINGS. It’s not even a must for the Warriors. Losing just makes their chances much more remote.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I don’t think there is any pressure on Sac
1. These guys are dogs and between Mike Brown and HB, they have leadership leading the way.
2. As Kendrick Perkins, I think, said….Kings aren’t here to praise GS, they are here to bury them. No way that changes now with all the bulletin board material that has been posted over the entire year and weeks leading to playoffs
3. Sac plays with a chip on its shoulder
Shannon Sharpe said that on Undisputed. No offense to Perk, but he couldn't come up with something that good. Sharpe no matter what you think of him has a way with words. I remember him on the sidelines once with the Broncos saying "Somebody call the National Guard because we out here murdering the Patriots".

Is this really the sports dude for channel ten in Sac openly rooting for the Warriors on Twitter?

Does this dude want to even keep his job?

Someone please verify this isn't a virus that got planted on my computer by a dubs fan to troll Vinny B.

He worked for NBC sports at the time. This meant he had to cover the Warriors in the post season if the Kings weren't there.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
This is slowly becoming my new favorite take today.

Does anyone remember - it was probably Matt George, but it could have been Ham or even CD - had on a guest to talk about how Wes Wilcox was plotting the same hostile takeover that Dumars did on Vlade and that's why Monte hadn't been extended yet?

Dumars shook this fanbase to its core and was quietly sent to a back office where he ultimately quietly took his new job. Yet now he's helping us. LOL.
I had left the window open with this conspiracy tweet about Dumars helping the Kings because he had previously been in their FO only to be closing windows this morning and seeing this, always a fun time:
image_2023-04-20_105014921.png

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
EJ is dead on here.

You can't contend that the modern NBA is just as physical as the 80's and early 90's and then complain about teams being too physical. The hand check rule was adjusted in 1994 and killed completely in 2004. You could make the argument that Davion got away with some things against Curry the first two games, but nothing he did would have been anywhere near a foul prior to 94. If anything, he would have been accused of not being physical enough with Steph.

But as others have said, the transformation of the Kings from, "they're too soft defensively to succeed in the playoffs" to "they're way too physical on defense" is funny.

So, I hear the Warriors are “mad” and “rallying” around their teammate.

Does that mean they could have rallied and played harder the first two games, but didn’t? That they somehow have an extra gear they were planning on waiting to unveil until they had something to rally around?

Talk about lack of competitive spirit and bad coaching …..

The KINGS should be so so scared that the Warriors were not taking these first two games seriously and will now actually play harder :rolleyes:

Sure hope so …..again no respect
I posted that without noticing the date was from 2014. Still - I'm looking askance at him from across the bar, huddled over a drink with my Kings hat on as the game plays on the TV overheard.

Also - his job was to cover NorCal sports.... so maaaybe I can give him a pass. Though he may be sent to a re-education camp in Rio Linda after an interrogation.

Glad other people are starting to come around on Redick. I couldn't stand him from his very first basketball take.

Dude literally just said in a clarification video about his comments that "I did not say the refs were favoring the Kings. I said the officiating in this series is favoring the Kings".
When someone said "the Warriors shooters need to catch fire for them to have a chance in this series" - Reddick then attempted to get them going by lighting his own reputation aflame.

I posted that without noticing the date was from 2014. Still - I'm looking askance at him from across the bar, huddled over a drink with my Kings hat on as the game plays on the TV overheard.

Also - his job was to cover NorCal sports.... so maaaybe I can give him a pass. Though he may be sent to a re-education camp in Rio Linda after an interrogation.
Oh I didn’t notice that either LOL …guess I’m just sick of all the snarky remarks, over exaggerated narratives, orange ball weapons. Thank God as King fans we believe and we know that after 16 /17 years we are exactly where we’re supposed to be. Much deserved with such a terrific Coach Brown leading the guiding light to light the beam. I know our team will come out hold their heads high over all the damn booing and play like the men they are. On the other hand I do have concerns over the refs calling on both sides but again as Kings fans we know how that’s going to go but it’s all good we’ve got this.

I have a feeling theres going to more kings fans in sf than there were warriors fans in sac.
Had that very same thought. This is predicated on the disparity in ticket prices as well... How many Kings fans (like some here) took a look at the two prices and pulled the trigger on Chase (Golden 2 Center)? And... then even after game 2, because I checked and there were still plenty of ~$200 tickets available.

I have a feeling theres going to more kings fans in sf than there were warriors fans in sac.
The cow bell ban was a good indicator that the Warriors org thinks or even knows that the number of Kings fans will be substantial and VOCAL. The last thing they want is a national TV audience to hear the crowd rooting for the Kings, chanting MVP when Sabonis is at the line or best of all chanting light the Beam. In short, eliminating their HC advantage.