The Salt Mine

Agreed. The "Beam Team" could be rating gold for the NBA, like the golden era "Greatest Show" teams were.

Watching all these other teams in the playoffs, the Kings style of play is the most entertaining by far. The Kings play basketball the way it is supposed to be played, it's beautiful to watch when they are clicking.
The amazing thing is, we still have much higher levels to reach offensively and i hope we do that. We can really stun them with our inside out game but hopefully the 3's fall at some point for that to happen.

These people actually influence the games that's the problem. I absolutely guarantee that Sabonis will have 3 fouls in less than 10 minutes in game 3. He will foul out before the 4th and the warriors will win in a blow out.

The refs watch this crap and so does the league. They do not want prime time losers like Reddick accusing them of bias. They will "even it up" in game 3 mark my words. This will be 02 levels of nonsense.
I really hope ur wrong SMH

LOL @ TNT (Kenny and Shaq) saying this is a must win for the Kings. I agree they have to win one of two on the road, but, give me a break.
I actually agree with them on this one. It’s been a while, but if memory serves, the playoffs are all about momentum.

Right now, the Warriors are bleeding in the water and the Kings have all the momentum to finish them off. Another Warriors loss and they are effectively done. But if they win in front of their home crowd without Green, that’s a dramatic plot twist.

The suspension changes the calculus and puts pressure on the Kings to get it done tonight, rather than having the luxury of winning either road game in Chase.

A short-handed win tonight will gift the Warriors the all-essential momentum to even the series with a second win at home, where they’ve been dramatically better all season, back at full strength behind an angry Green likely throwing “screw-everyone” haymakers all game knowing the NBA probably won’t have the backbone to eject/suspend him again.

And in that scenario, I’m not excited about a best of 3 series against the defending champs with all the momentum, emboldened by a national media narrative of victimhood, and an NBA marketing campaign already built exclusively around Curry.

Even with home court advantage, that’s a setup for some 2002 Game 6 shenanigans.

Kings win tonight, and the series is over.
Kings lose tonight, and the series is just getting started.

Crazy how we suddenly became the Jailblazers and Bad boy pistons overnight. :rolleyes:
One of the guys in my group chat I referenced earlier made that accusation, apparently without irony.

Had to check him with a little self-deprecation truism to point out the absurdity:

“If y'all honestly think the Soft-ramento No D Kings are the Bad Boy Pistons, then you should really just pack it in for these playoffs because literally every other team in the tournament is gonna punch your guys in the mouth.”

I like what KC said this afternoon on 1320.

whether the kings end the warriors or they make it out of this round against the kings to play the lakers, warriors fans know that this is all coming to an end very soon and they absolutely cannot handle it.
I tend to agree. I will point out that I think it's just as likely that the remnants of the griz beat the revenant Lakers. Now imagine the warriors facing the meat grinder that is memphis? They think Sacramento was playing physical ball and hurting fefe's...

I actually agree with them on this one. It’s been a while, but if memory serves, the playoffs are all about momentum.

Right now, the Warriors are bleeding in the water and the Kings have all the momentum to finish them off. Another Warriors loss and they are effectively done. But if they win in front of their home crowd without Green, that’s a dramatic plot twist.

The suspension changes the calculus and puts pressure on the Kings to get it done tonight, rather than having the luxury of winning either road game in Chase.

A short-handed win tonight will gift the Warriors the all-essential momentum to even the series with a second win at home, where they’ve been dramatically better all season, back at full strength behind an angry Green likely throwing “screw-everyone” haymakers all game knowing the NBA probably won’t have the backbone to eject/suspend him again.

And in that scenario, I’m not excited about a best of 3 series against the defending champs with all the momentum, emboldened by a national media narrative of victimhood, and an NBA marketing campaign already built exclusively around Curry.

Even with home court advantage, that’s a setup for some 2002 Game 6 shenanigans.

Kings win tonight, and the series is over.
Kings lose tonight, and the series is just getting started.
I said this earlier somewhere (or maybe just thought it to myself), but this is my take as well, strange as it seems. Agree in particular that the suspension puts more pressure on us. I know it sounds crazy to say that being up 2-0 game three is a must win - but it is - and for both teams. This is gonna be a WILD game. What I absolutely don't want is for it to get to out of hand that a cheap shot comes and injures one of our players. The warriors are a wounded animal on the verge of losing an entire dynasty, also one that is so emotionally weak that they may lash out. This isn't just potentially the end of the year for them - it's the end of a ten year run. I hope the refs talk to both team captains as a precaution to tonight's game. But it's going to get dirty I can promise you that.

Warrior fan complaining about illegal screens.

LOL

Amazing thread topic btw. Absolutely perfect humor
When I started this thread I knew we had struck a large deposit of Salt located in the San Francisco Bay Area - I did not expect that we would discover large veins of salt stretching virtually across the country to every corner of the dubs nation.

My newly formed Vinny B's Salt Mining Company (paperwork filed yesterday in Delaware) is looking to quickly close a Series A investment round of $50M for the immediate purchase of a large fleet of trucks. Investors pm me. Incredible opportunity here. Strategic investors with experience in rapid scaling in logistics are of particular interest.

Last edited:
I’m on a group text chain with a mix of Warriors, Kings and Lakers fans, and we’ve been chatting through the series.

Immediately after Game 2, the Warriors fans were disappointed, but conciliatory and even congratulatory. They were more upset Looney had to play with 5 fouls than Green got ejected.

But the next day after having clearly sautéd in Bay Area-centric sports radio, suddenly they were all fired up about the same conspiracy theory talking points: Refs are wildly favoring the Kings (and have for years), Sabonis is dirty and deserved to get stomped, Joe Dumars is a former Kings executive and Sacramento Homer, Refs gave the Kings free reign to mimic the Piston Bad Boys while at G1C - weak echo chamber takes that crumbled under the least bit of pushback. They’d post one of their ludicrous complaints, all agree with each other, then a non-Warrior fan would post a pretty straight forward logical rebuttal, and they’d go silent.

When Lakers fans are stepping in as the voice of reason, the world stops making sense.
Something something cats and dogs living together something else.