The Salt Mine

Dubs fans (and possibly some media) are saying Sabonis flopped and tried to pull Klay down and failing to do that he then went after Green.
Like I stated before, anyone actually believing in that crap must also believe that Domas has eyes in the back of his head to know where everyone was all around him a split second before barrel rolling to the ground.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Hmm. Don't see any calls disadvantgaing the Warriors there. The only "incorrect call" is that they say they missed calling a double-foul on Sabonis and Green when Green was holding Sabonis from getting back in the play. We all saw that. That was ALL Dray on that crap. As always. Sometimes people get a "reputation" for a reason.

They’re absolutely a dynasty, just an incredibly annoying one.
Was thinking about top 5 dynasties the other night. Since I was born in 78’ am only going off of what I personally watched but would rank them like this …

1. 90s Bulls
2. 80s Lakers
3. 80’s Celtics
4. 90’s/2000s Spurs
5. Tie of these Ws and the 2000s 3 peat Lakers (not sure I can include post Shaq Lakers)

What’s funny/sad is that the Kings should have had 2 titles, and good chance at 3, during that 2001-2004 span, which would have knocked the lakers out of this .

The narrative shift adjust for the new reality they are facing is giving me whiplash.

Really? You can't remember what you were saying literally a week ago? They will literally say anything to justify their position. I get being a passionate sports fan - but man these W fans are making me really really dislike them. Not quite to Lakers level - but approaching fast.
You assume they have a position.

You'd think in an era where everything is recorded and saved people would have more integrity, not less.

Was thinking about top 5 dynasties the other night. Since I was born in 78’ am only going off of what I personally watched but would rank them like this …

1. 90s Bulls
2. 80s Lakers
3. 80’s Celtics
4. 90’s/2000s Spurs
5. Tie of these Ws and the 2000s 3 peat Lakers (not sure I can include post Shaq Lakers)

What’s funny/sad is that the Kings should have had 2 titles, and good chance at 3, during that 2001-2004 span, which would have knocked the lakers out of this .
Well, I'd agree to at least one. I think most would, even objective non-KINGS fans.

I can't really justify any others, though. Injuries happen and once C-Webb went down, that was it for the KINGS run.

Circling back to your list and the time frame you outlined, I fully agree that the Bulls HAVE to be #1 on the list. It's not even close.

6 titles in 8 seasons, and the only gap in between involved MJ playing baseball for a year and missing almost 2 seasons of basketball. He only played 17 games the season he returned.

Who knows whether they could have actually won 8 consecutive had he not taken the time off, but I sure would have liked there chances. Maybe they win 7 in 8 seasons? Who knows??

Regardless, winning 6 in 8 in utterly ridiculous. Only the mighty Celtics of the 50's and 60's can boast better.

We could sweep the series and JJ Reddick and golden state fans would still be saying Warriors in 6.
That’s because with each loss they have to keep moving the goalpost from their original prediction of Warriors in 4.

They’re still convinced the Kings are an easy out, and are falling all over themselves to drudge up excuses as to why that doesn’t seem to be happening.

These people actually influence the games that's the problem. I absolutely guarantee that Sabonis will have 3 fouls in less than 10 minutes in game 3. He will foul out before the 4th and the warriors will win in a blow out.

The refs watch this crap and so does the league. They do not want prime time losers like Reddick accusing them of bias. They will "even it up" in game 3 mark my words. This will be 02 levels of nonsense.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
This is slowly becoming my new favorite take today.

Does anyone remember - it was probably Matt George, but it could have been Ham or even CD - had on a guest to talk about how Wes Wilcox was plotting the same hostile takeover that Dumars did on Vlade and that's why Monte hadn't been extended yet?

Dumars shook this fanbase to its core and was quietly sent to a back office where he ultimately quietly took his new job. Yet now he's helping us. LOL.

These people actually influence the games that's the problem. I absolutely guarantee that Sabonis will have 3 fouls in less than 10 minutes in game 3. He will foul out before the 4th and the warriors will win in a blow out.

The refs watch this crap and so does the league. They do not want prime time losers like Reddick accusing them of bias. They will "even it up" in game 3 mark my words. This will be 02 levels of nonsense.
100% what I'm expecting.

Bonta says “no excuses” only for a dubs fan to immediately give a bunch of excuses in his replies.
This is what happens when you eliminate competition in youth sports and do the whole participation trophy nobody loses type thing. Just complete emotional fragility and an inability to accept reality and constant excuses, blaming, not taking accountability. I feel like I'm going crazy seeing all this in the Ws fan base - never seen it in such volume up close before. I don't recall this in other sports either - baseball. Like - baseball fans generally don't do this. Does anyone else feel like they're going crazy watching the dubs fans attempt to cope? This is an unusual amount of salt... is it not??

pdxKingsFan

Staff member

I fear this heavily. But it would be really strange if a fairly called series suddenly has a huge disparity of foul calls to edge the Warriors.

On one hand, it's probably absolutely going down this way - that was bound to happen had this NOT gone down.

On the other hand, EVERYBODY is watching and most people are rooting for the underdog Kings to dethrone the Warriors. Kings - Lakers will get ratings. Big ratings. In fact if it's David vs. Goliath round II they can probably sell more seats at the coliseum when David one-shots the first Goliath. If the Kings get jobbed and everybody can tell, people gonna start talking about 2002.

My guess, they call game 3 down the middle and cheat us in game 4.

I fear this heavily. But it would be really strange if a fairly called series suddenly has a huge disparity of foul calls to edge the Warriors.

On one hand, it's probably absolutely going down this way - that was bound to happen had this NOT gone down.

On the other hand, EVERYBODY is watching and most people are rooting for the underdog Kings to dethrone the Warriors. Kings - Lakers will get ratings. Big ratings. In fact if it's David vs. Goliath round II they can probably sell more seats at the coliseum when David one-shots the first Goliath. If the Kings get jobbed and everybody can tell, people gonna start talking about 2002.

My guess, they call game 3 down the middle and cheat us in game 4.
Reddick has an agenda obviously after his embarrassing hot take about halibut blew up in his face.

Suggesting the refs are bias when they clearly haven't been on prime time TV is just down right irresponsible.

Fair enough if they'd missed 5 glaring calls down the stretch but he's simply making it up.

I hope the players don't lose their heads after what will happen tomorrow and can come home 3-1 up. I don't see it though.

Reddick has an agenda obviously after his embarrassing hot take about halibut blew up in his face.

Suggesting the refs are bias when they clearly haven't been on prime time TV is just down right irresponsible.

Fair enough if they'd missed 5 glaring calls down the stretch but he's simply making it up.

I hope the players don't lose their heads after what will happen tomorrow and can come home 3-1 up. I don't see it though.
It was hilarious. He was doing a hot take that he didn’t even fully believe, which was clear by his unusual tone and language, tell tale signs he wasn’t being his true self in that segment.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member

Writing is on the wall, if the league really wants to extend this to 7 games and risk losing the real marketing darling of the Beam Team I suppose they can and will. Kind of makes more sense to let game 3 do whatever it will and let Dray have his revenge game on Sunday before quietly fading the Dubs mid-week at G1C.

Plenty more money to be made in future rounds.