The Salt Mine

If you want more salt.... read the comments on this. Warrior fans respect Looney for taking the high road... he's a better man than me.... etc. Its freaking hilarious.

Here's Looney's comments... seems like he's also baffled by the Sabonis is the apparently the dirtiest player in the NBA narrative.

Looney "I hope I get the benefit of the doubt next game."

Why, because you can't win without it?

These guys talk as if the fans of a franchise that had a championship stolen away from them in the biggest officiating scam in history are going to somehow care if Sabonis doesn't get called for a push in the back on a rebound here and there.

We witnessed Bibby's face foul Kobe's elbow and 17 years of awful one sided officiating while being dead last the last 3 years on the L2M report.

I'd say we're owed a hell of a lot more than a couple extra rebounds.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Sabonis is pushed from behind almost every time he goes for a rebound. Reddick is letting his bias show.
It's everyone. Just stupid, you can watch the big men play on both ends and everyone giving each other the business. It's all well and good until someone assaults someone and I've only seen one player do that.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Domas is going to have to go into Game 3 playing like he starts the game with two fouls.

It's frustrating that for as long as I can remember coaches/players/fans/owners can whine through the media and have it affect calls in the next game, but that's the reality.

I won't be surprised if Sabonis fouls out, just like he shouldn't be surprised if he's whistled for things he got away with in games 1 & 2.

He's got to play smart and keep himself on the court if possible.

If you want more salt.... read the comments on this. Warrior fans respect Looney for taking the high road... he's a better man than me.... etc. Its freaking hilarious.

Here's Looney's comments... seems like he's also baffled by the Sabonis is the apparently the dirtiest player in the NBA narrative.

Looney knows he does the exact same thing. So does Green. As does almost every big man in the league.

These dudes are battling in an old-school battle of the bigs rumble and prob both loving it. And credit where it's due Looney is prob winning it and he's limited Domas before. But it's not making Domas back down. This is a revival of a classic style of basketball that would make some certain old-school KF posters proud, and Warriors fans are losing their minds over it

I feel crazy for saying this, but the discussion for the most part on reddit over this is completely one sided in our favor outside of Dubs fans and apparently this new growing contingent of Blazers fans that are welcoming Dray to the team next year.
Yeah, from what I’ve seen, Reddit and realgm seem to be siding with the Kings, but the Warriors fans seem especially loud on Twitter.

I texted some buddies in the DC, Boston, and Dallas metro areas. Local fans and local media in all three are very pro Kings and pro the suspension. The anti-Kings stuff and Dray defenses seem to be isolated to the annoying Warriors bandwagon and some national guys. I told them I feel like the world has turned on the kings, and they tell me “not here.” Just interesting to always remember how close we are to SF, how loud the Dub bandwagon is, and how much stock can be put into a few national guys (like Redick).

Domas is going to have to go into Game 3 playing like he starts the game with two fouls.

It's frustrating that for as long as I can remember coaches/players/fans/owners can whine through the media and have it affect calls in the next game, but that's the reality.

I won't be surprised if Sabonis fouls out, just like he shouldn't be surprised if he's whistled for things he got away with in games 1 & 2.

He's got to play smart and keep himself on the court if possible.
I hope he avoids the obvious trap being set. I think Brown knows that’ll likely happen so it’ll be interesting to see how he might rotate the bench bigs in. Len gave them issues, maybe Metu and Holmes get in there to disrupt/take a foul or two.

I texted some buddies in the DC, Boston, and Dallas metro areas. Local fans and local media in all three are very pro Kings and pro the suspension. The anti-Kings stuff and Dray defenses seem to be isolated to the annoying Warriors bandwagon and some national guys. I told them I feel like the world has turned on the kings, and they tell me “not here.” Just interesting to always remember how close we are to SF, how loud the Dub bandwagon is, and how much stock can be put into a few national guys (like Redick).
Not that RealGM represents the population perfectly, but this poll (with 400+ votes) suggests that the vast majority of the country (~84%) was on board with suspending him at least 1 game: https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2282914

Len gave them issues, maybe Metu and Holmes get in there to disrupt/take a foul or two.
I keep thinking Holmes is this ultimate secret weapon Brown has been sitting on until he finally decides the time is right to unleash him on an unsuspecting team who never thought to gameplay for him and he proceeds to wreck shop.