Bucks Trade In Jeopardy: Bogi Didn’t Agree Go to the Bucks

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Is it any coincidence that the only stumbling blocks in a Bogdan to Atlanta scenario were just taken off the board? Gallo to Dallas and Rondo wants the Clipps. There might be some tampering going on and it might be coming from Atlanta. They have the cap space to unleash a monster of a deal on Bogdan now.
Paying Bogdan Bogdanovic 25 mil a year is how bad teams stay bad

gunks

Hall of Famer
I wonder if this is just Bogi doing his due diligence? I can't really blame him for seeing what is out there before signing on the dotted line. He could still circle back and sign with the Bucks.
I agree and that’s what I’m hoping. Can’t blame the man for wanting to get the most money he can.

It’ll suck if he ends up walking, but that’s better than us overpaying. McNair already has Buddy and Barnes making way too much for what they do on the court. The last thing we need is another “Vlade contract”.

Gery Woelfel @GeryWoelfel
The scuttlebutt among some NBA officials is Bogdan Bogdanovic won't be coming to the Bucks and that the Kings may now trade him to another team, possibly to Atlanta. Stay tuned.

Eric Pincus @EricPincus
One of the league's powers if they have evidence of tampering is to void a contract/deal - so this could, in theory, be that preemptively. When buzz of a player may sign here or there, fine, but a complex S&T with multiple players?
Time to start researching Atlanta’s future picks and trade pieces on the trade machine

Man how crappy does it feel to be blindsided by a sign and trade you didn’t agree on. Yeah he’s gonna want to help a front office that did that to him :rolleyes:
Could have been a situation where he was fully involved in the negotiations in what was supposed to be a "behind closed doors" deal that got leaked out. Except only the initial aspect of it got leaked so it made all of us think it was a done deal when in reality it was just a normal negotiation where the two parties couldn't come to term and in a normal world we never even would have known about it.

Or it could be Kangz. I'll go with Kangz.

It kind of seems that it was the Bucks' front office that did it. I don't know for sure, but it seems that way.
Jason Anderson saying no deal when it first broke points that way. Kings putting together a framework before going to Bogi to work on the contract is reasonable. JA denying it makes it sound likes the Bucks leaked it. In which case Bogi would be pissed at the Bucks for not waiting to see what kind of $$ he was looking for, which would also explain why he’s now saying Bucks off the table

(assuming no smokescreen of course)

To be fair, Buddy’s complaints were “I wanna start” and “Last season‘s offense was better” whereas Bogi appears to actually believe he’s getting superstar money
Oh, I agree. I was making the comparison more in that they are both players that believe they are more skilled than they are. Buddy always tries to do too much handling the ball, even though he’s a turnover waiting to happen whereas Bogi has always just been a good all-around complimentary player that’s not great at anything.

Buddy is at least an elite shooter. At times. So he can understandably be overly confident about that aspect of his game.

Paying Bogdan Bogdanovic 25 mil a year is how bad teams stay bad
If they give him that much they're in some trouble but I read Joe Harris is getting like 15 million plus so who knows. I'm not sure about his fit in Atlanta but it's an interesting combo with him and Trae. Defensively it's sketchy since Bogdan is better defending up a position, not down.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
If they give him that much they're in some trouble but I read Joe Harris is getting like 15 million plus so who knows. I'm not sure about his fit in Atlanta but it's an interesting combo with him and Trae. Defensively it's sketchy since Bogdan is better defending up a position, not down.
Right. And Bogi is probably better suited to be in a more structured offense while the Hawks are pretty much just run and gun to the point of being chaotic.

He is a movable piece, especially considering the current market for him and guys with his skill set. If we trade him for expirings and a pick it’s still better than getting nothing
Bogi WAS a "movable piece" when he was making $8.5M last season. If he's spurning the Buck's deal where he likely would have started at $18M or so (based on the salaries involved and caproom) then he must think he can get significantly more.

Bogi at $20-$25M per season is no longer a trade asset. It's an albatross.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Bogi WAS a "movable piece" when he was making $8.5M last season. If he's spurning the Buck's deal where he likely would have started at $18M or so (based on the salaries involved and caproom) then he must think he can get significantly more.

Bogi at $20-$25M per season is no longer a trade asset. It's an albatross.
This. Bogi at 20-25 isn’t just an albatross, it has potential to be an all time bad contract.

The Bucks may have leaked things but this is still peak Kangz.

Against my better judgement I tuned back in this off-season to give this new (and on paper, promising) new FO a chance. And I will. But without some semblance of a plan and solid moves before next season I think I'll have to hit snooze on my Kings fandom for at least a few seasons.

This. Bogi at 20-25 isn’t just an albatross, it has potential to be an all time bad contract.
Buddy was 4 year/$94 mil. From Bogi's perspective he should get equal money. If they match Bogi in this range they need to have a deal for Buddy going out.

Who would you rather have at the same salary?

Buddy was 4 year/$94 mil. From Bogi's perspective he should get equal money. If they match Bogi in this range they need to have a deal for Buddy going out.

Who would you rather have at the same salary?
Here's maybe a more telling question. If they both had the same contract, who has more trade value around the league?

I have to think that goes to Buddy. And not just because I hope the Kings trade them both this off-season.

The Bucks may have leaked things but this is still peak Kangz.
We were always kind of along for the ride here, it was either work out deals with Milwaukee or Atlanta or match whatever over market offer Atlanta gives. But if Bogi somehow has it stuck in his head that he is worth more... yeesh. Atlanta could also be just angling to get a Buddy deal done faster? Surely they'd prefer Buddy???

Here's maybe a more telling question. If they both had the same contract, who has more trade value around the league?

I have to think that goes to Buddy. And not just because I hope the Kings trade them both this off-season.
Both with the same contract, I think Bogi is more valued around the league. Yes Buddy is a better shooter, but Bogi is better in all other areas and is also a + shooter. He's more of a winner, and Buddy is seen as having a bad attitude now due to his antics.