Bucks Trade In Jeopardy: Bogi Didn’t Agree Go to the Bucks

I'm still holding out on the idea that he will be a Buck. He is a competitive guy, the Bucks are more than likely his best chance at a championship. I wonder if he is willing to sacrifice that chance for more cash. Id rather have 15 mil a year with the bucks than 20 mil on a team that has no chance at a championship in the next 3-4 years.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I'm still holding out on the idea that he will be a Buck. He is a competitive guy, the Bucks are more than likely his best chance at a championship. I wonder if he is willing to sacrifice that chance for more cash. Id rather have 15 mil a year with the bucks than 20 mil on a team that has no chance at a championship in the next 3-4 years.
Unless he is of the odd opinion that he is the missing piece that will turn the Hawks into contenders somehow

Couldn’t we match...and trade him to the Bucks? I recall that there are limits to recently matched restricted free agents, but those may just apply to the team that extended the offer sheet.

He is a movable piece, especially considering the current market for him and guys with his skill set. If we trade him for expirings and a pick it’s still better than getting nothing
What current market? The Kings will only drive that value down if history is any indication. They need to focus on bringing Buddy back to life. The danger is if you have to take on a crappy contract to unload him. That's not worth a potential pick. The value of the Bucks deal is the Kings got some young pieces and no real long term commitments.

Actually, I think Bogdanovic has turned into a lil b1tch. Much different guy than the one that first landed in SAC. He’s a good player when focused and playing team ball. But too often he believes he’s better than he is and plays like a primadonna. Just like Buddy.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I wonder if this is just Bogi doing his due diligence? I can't really blame him for seeing what is out there before signing on the dotted line. He could still circle back and sign with the Bucks.
Except he can’t because Ersan’s contract becomes guaranteed in three days and the Bucks need that money gone if they wind up not getting Bogi

Gery Woelfel @GeryWoelfel
The scuttlebutt among some NBA officials is Bogdan Bogdanovic won't be coming to the Bucks and that the Kings may now trade him to another team, possibly to Atlanta. Stay tuned.

Eric Pincus @EricPincus
One of the league's powers if they have evidence of tampering is to void a contract/deal - so this could, in theory, be that preemptively. When buzz of a player may sign here or there, fine, but a complex S&T with multiple players?

Man how crappy does it feel to be blindsided by a sign and trade you didn’t agree on. Yeah he’s gonna want to help a front office that did that to him :rolleyes:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Actually, I think Bogdanovic has turned into a lil b1tch. Much different guy than the one that first landed in SAC. He’s a good player when focused and playing team ball. But too often he believes he’s better than he is and plays like a primadonna. Just like Buddy.
To be fair, Buddy’s complaints were “I wanna start” and “Last season‘s offense was better” whereas Bogi appears to actually believe he’s getting superstar money

I think it would be ironic if the Kings traded Buddy to Atlanta and closed that option.
Is it any coincidence that the only stumbling blocks in a Bogdan to Atlanta scenario were just taken off the board? Gallo to Dallas and Rondo wants the Clipps. There might be some tampering going on and it might be coming from Atlanta. They have the cap space to unleash a monster of a deal on Bogdan now.