Bucks Trade In Jeopardy: Bogi Didn’t Agree Go to the Bucks

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Well, we are the common denominator (although I agree in this instance we may not be the main party at fault, if this even turns out to be a thing).

Other team's fans don't account for the change of FO, you're giving them too much credit. I've read an abundance of Kangz content since McNair became GM, "because they're the Kings lol".
Really, who cares about how fans of other teams see this?

Seriously, the Bucks were the ones leaking so much info to Woj and Shams that their tweets read more like Bucks PR fluff pieces than actual news. This leak seems more... odd?

Going off of negotiations from last season, maybe Bogi doesn’t think the Bucks are offering him enough money?
Who knows, scenarios

1. Amick was called up, hey we need you to keep the heat off of us for tampering etc. Break something to me first in the future.
2. Vlade has the Golden 1 Center Vladfather bugged and is having a laugh
3. Bucks saying look G we're doing all we can
4. Bogi found out he could make more money somewhere and changed his mind.

Seriously, the Bucks were the ones leaking so much info to Woj and Shams that their tweets read more like Bucks PR fluff pieces than actual news. This leak seems more... odd?

Going off of negotiations from last season, maybe Bogi doesn’t think the Bucks are offering him enough money?
Wonder how much Bogdan got? If the salary compensation isn't equal (the Kings do have space to absorb salary right?) maybe he got lowballed. On the one hand THANK GOODNESS he turned down that Vlade offer on the other hand too bad for him he did. haha.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I don't, really. Reactions are always the same. Was just making an observation.
I mean, in this case “Kangz gonna Kangz” comes from a place of NBA people wanting to see Bogi become part of a new Superteam but with Bogi apparently balking at that in order to... sign a massive contract with the Hawks(?), it feels more like ”Bogi gonna Bogi”

Really, who cares about how fans of other teams see this?
Having the rep as one of the worst in sports is tough. Remember the days of draft picks turning down workouts? Heck the Kings have already had to way overpay the last few years on plan B free agents. They burned all that down too. I'm sure GM's would barely give it a chuckle but to players this kind of stuff and that rep does matter.

Another Rookie GM mistake. At least Vlade had his rookie curve behind him.
I can't see that being what happened. C'mon, rookie or no rookie that would be the stupidest thing ever. Almost every FAN knows how that works. This has to either be track covering or Bogdan is getting fluffed up by his agent and ready to make a bet again when it comes to his value. He lost big last time so....

The issue is if it's track covering this deal might not be salvageable if the NBA let it be known.

A league source told The Sacramento Bee “there is no deal” when the trade was first reported Monday night and reiterated “there was never a deal” on Wednesday when news broke that the trade might be falling apart. - from hoopshype

could be bucks covering their tracks, could be a tiny sliver of hope Kings doing something to get a future pick added?
I've seen blurbs that Bogdan called it off. If true that means his agent thinks there is probably a better offer sheet waiting for him out there.

This does sound like track covering. The tampering rule says no direct or indirect communication but doesn’t include an exception for the team he’s currently under contract with, at least that I see. But if a team can’t communicate with a player that another team has interest, I think that would effectively nullify no trade clauses and other situations where a team checks with its player before making a trade.

Otherwise the league may be looking at direct communication - via Giannis or otherwise - in which case this little song and dance isn’t gonna help them at all lol

Considering how this off-season’ s being going, his agent is probably wrong.
I just assumed the money coming back was somewhat in the same neighborhood as what the Kings took in which means he got around 14-15 million a season. If he's turning that down, wow! But then I noticed the Kings do have some space potentially so maybe he got much lower than that.

This does sound like track covering. The tampering rule says no direct or indirect communication but doesn’t include an exception for the team he’s currently under contract with? If not that would effectively nullify no trade clauses and other situations where a team checks with its player before making a trade.

Otherwise the league may be looking at direct communication - via Giannis or otherwise - in which case this little song and dance isn’t gonna help them at all lol
If the NBA takes this stance now I think it's fair to say they have it out for the Kings. I mean, every freaking superteam built in the last decade or more is the result of tampering pretty much.

Could be wrong, but the way the Athletic worded the report, it looks like Bogi's team are the ones who balked. Bucks got ahead of themselves leaking the info. If there were worries about tampering, it wouldn't be Bogi's responsibility to come out with a statement and fix it.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Could be wrong, but the way the Athletic worded the report, it looks like Bogi's team are the ones who balked. Bucks got ahead of themselves leaking the info. If there were worries about tampering, it wouldn't be Bogi's responsibility to come out with a statement and fix it.
Bogi having his Bonzi Wells turning down a huge overpay by the Kings because he thought he could get more moment.

It was already reported in the last few days on the AThletic I believe there may have been an issue with tampering violations. I agree with those saying it may be track covering, but we wont know until we do.